FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Barry Wilson

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if its to do what he is doing for Queens just now....bring him off the bench to create an impact. He wouldnt take half the wage as before too.

I see the point of looking to the future though, but if hes not here as a player, there should be a job for him to do :D

At least he still lives in Dingwall.

and with our younglings we have and his experiance of playing as a Caley player, how the club works, and all the scottish leauges he would be a massive help bringing on the new young lads.... hummm i hope and pray we get him back hes a legend and yes a step back in some eyes but lets face it the vast majority didnt want him going anyway!!

I am a bit mixed about this one, while I like Barry and think he did great things for the club but there has to be a time when we start to look forward not backwards. I think that going backwards for Golly has been a mistake and he has been very poor for us.

We have enough players like Tokley, Grant etc that should be able to pass on their experience to the the younger players, this team needs totally rebuilt and while I would not be disappointed to see Barry come back I feel the wages might be better spent on a player with a future ahead of him.

I am a bit mixed about this one, while I like Barry and think he did great things for the club but there has to be a time when we start to look forward not backwards. I think that going backwards for Golly has been a mistake and he has been very poor for us.

We have enough players like Tokley, Grant etc that should be able to pass on their experience to the the younger players, this team needs totally rebuilt and while I would not be disappointed to see Barry come back I feel the wages might be better spent on a player with a future ahead of him.

The experiance I speak of is from playing at different teams too, IMO Rossco and Granty only have experiance of playing for us and that it.. Foran IMO has more experiance than Granty and Rossco for that very reason.

I see your point completely stevico, but if Barry comes back then the wages will be spent on a coach for the furure. If, as many seem to be suggesting, Butcher goes at the end of the season to be replaced by a managerial team that includes Barry Wilson, then this move could well be the first step towards an orderly transition.

From what Barry Wilson was saying / implying after the game last Saturday a return deal has already been done and I expect him to be back - at least training (in the background) next week. This is the Old School after all. I would welcome his return as long as it is in a learning capacity in a lesser coaching role.

From what Barry Wilson was saying / implying after the game last Saturday a return deal has already been done and I expect him to be back - at least training (in the background) next week. This is the Old School after all. I would welcome his return as long as it is in a learning capacity in a lesser coaching role.

Promising indeed.

Lets face it, he wants a move back north, to be closer to his family in Inverness the press have stated, even though im sure his house is in Dingwall - but he aint exactly going to go play for C*nty is he!?

and didnt manage to keep other coaches, however it make no odds, Bazza come back lol.

Bit of a slap in the face for those like Doc who has himself been a great servant to the club is it not?

I wouldn't want to take Barry to replace the Doc. He's still a first team coach. I'd have Barry working with Scott Kellacher and the U-19, 18, 17's

Bit of a slap in the face for those like Doc who has himself been a great servant to the club is it not?

You only have to read Pele's book to find out the contribution the Doc has made, and continues to make to ICT....

He'll still be here - long after TB and MM have moved on.

Afraid he's going to Clach, with a view to perhaps going onto a management role at the club in the future.

Unless Butcher rates him, although he doesn't seem to rate any of our legends.

Such as? He regularly plays Tokely, Munro, Duncan and Golabek. Who else was there? Only McBain, who has been criticised on here every bit as Duncan (remember 'the Invisible Man') but is now somehow regarded as a top class player that should be starting every week.