FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Butcher and Malpas

Bridge_Ender

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Him staying could be a positive boost in keeping at least some of the players we feared we might lose. I am sure we will still lose a few if we cannot win the title but maybe not quite so many now as some do seem to have a degree of loyalty towards him specifically.

I'm not so sure about that, from what I gather, quite a few of the players don't like him.

:rolleyes: great news as far as im concerned also brill that the board is looking to the future of the club and by removing the ?? marks over the management it will help bring a great response from players and fans alike

ICT!! FOR D1 2010!!

I'm not so sure about that, from what I gather, quite a few of the players don't like him.

Havent heard that particular rumour myself although I would be surprised if all of the players liked the manager as that would be a first for virtually any club, especially for those on the fringes who may not be getting a game and feel they should ....

Seems to be that, with the exception of the tactical genius which believes the Samoan rugby back seven would be the answer to our prayers, this news is very much welcomed.

Him staying could be a positive boost in keeping at least some of the players we feared we might lose. I am sure we will still lose a few if we cannot win the title but maybe not quite so many now as some do seem to have a degree of loyalty towards him specifically.

Don't know about that but I did hear that there is no love lost between TB and our DoF. Has GB been overruled I wonder?

Don't know about that but I did hear that there is no love lost between TB and our DoF. Has GB been overruled I wonder?

From what you gather? so thats all just rumours then? I remember when the team were in a very bad spell, and got a win which i sure someone else will remember (think it was 4-1 over morton)

, where the team dedicated the win to Butcher...this proves to me he still has the dressing room. The guys that dont like him will be the guys who dont get a game, therefore its in their own hands to shine in training and get a place in the startin 11. Basically.

Seems to be that, with the exception of the tactical genius which believes the Samoan rugby back seven would be the answer to our prayers, this news is very much welcomed.

And the personal insults begin. How nice.

Here's the thing though, who'll turn out to be right in the end? We shall see.

It's good news because we need some stability in order to get more players signed up. Personally I am glad it's a one year deal and not three because whilst there has been steady improvement through the season, there are still a lot of question marks over TB's judgement of players. I still maintain that he has arrived at the reasonably settled line up we have now more by default than good judgement. Remember, at the start of the season he was playing Lionel, Stratford, Eagle and Barrowman rather than anyone but Lionel, Proctor, Hayes and Rooney.

But credit where credit is due. The team seem to be playing much more as unit these days and playing with more comittment - so much so that we do have a realistic chance of winning this league. The improvement needs to be maintained and I am yet to be convinced it will be. Seeing a slump in form and falling to mid table mediocrity or worse next season would be a disaster if TB and MM were on 3 year contracts.

Bravo. The only thing is though, will we not be in the exact same position at the exact same time next year? This living from season (Pay check) to season (pay check) is killing me. A six year deal with bonuses for UEFA cup qualifications would have shown a bit more BELIEF but, whatever, they will be on SPL wages next year anyway.

I got more belief as I typed there. Thats excellent.

Do you have a whole deck of those victim cards?

Who knows Renegade, and this is not an insult, but a bit of positivity from you would be nice. I seriously have to question why you support ICT at times with some of the negative comments you make buit everyone is entitled to their opinion and I would never stop you from giving yours as that is what sparks healthy debate.

Little choice-a nw Manager for the next season would require more adjustments, more turmoil, etc.

Stability is what is required at this point and it would help some players to like the Manager if they knew that buckling to and earning a place by hard work for a Manager who has the backing of the Board might not be a bad thing!

I think that TB would look favourably upon any player that always is co-operative, works hard in training and does his best. What more could a Manager ask of any player? And if that is not sufficient for the Manager to promote the player and give him his chance then what does that tell ypu--he does not rate him? If so, there are other opportunities around for said player to try to progress at another team and to realise that life can be unfair.

More of an observation than an insult Renegade. If you care to cast your mind back I have, on more than one occasion, defended you when real insults were aimed at you. I have reservations about the abilities of our management team too but looking at the whole picture I believe that this decision is a good one. Our team need stability at the moment and a few mistakes during the bedding in period need to be put aside considering the team is now showing signs that they are willing to fight for this league championship despite the earlier set backs, that can only be credited to the management.

If you are so keen to take offence perhaps you might be happier supporting a team in green and white hoops.

Is that the players that dont see the 1st team often like Roy?

Is that the players that dont see the 1st team often like Roy?

I would doubt there are any players who dont like the manager. One or two may not like his methods but that happens in every team. They are all professionals and should be going about their business in a professional manner. They all know that within a squad of 25 only the best 11 will be selected and its up to them to be one of the best 11.

Ever since we joined the leagues we, as fans, have had our hero's. Players we never wanted to leave the club but the fact is that it is necessary for the future of any club to have a constant turnaround of players. Not many clubs will have kept so many players on their books for as long as ICT have. There will always be someone who admires a player and who thinks the club will fold if that player goes, or doesn't get a start, but, at the end of the day, it's the continuing success of the club that matters.

My view is pretty much the stability issue too. Things are starting to come together. There are some lads who might stay (Hayes and Cox, in particular) then decide they like it as much as people like Black, Tokely, Duncan etc. I certainly wouldn't mind a few more years of Cox, Bully, Hayes and Rooney developing, whilst Munro, Proctor, Tokely and, who knows, maybe Foran and Esson, hold it all together.

Personally, I think this is great news. Just as we've got ourselves into a good run of form and seem to have the team gel together well, any changes could have eradicated anything being built over the last few months.

Shows that TB and MM have a wee bit of loyalty and obviously think they can make something happen for us next season, perhaps even current.