FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Would 2 draws do

Guest Mahonio

Guest Mahonio

I was wondering if fans thought that 2 draws may be good enough in the 2 Derby matches against Ross County, i know a win against them would be great but i personally would take 2 draws as it means we stay 3 ahead of them but on the other hand, maybe a win and a draw would also be a good thing as that would put us 6pts ahead of them and also keep close on Dundee.

Thoughts?

Nope - we've just got to go out and attack the feckers for 90mins plus in both games. We need to take 6 points.

I believe Butcher will have a game plan after the previous two league debacles to ensure we come away with maximum points.

Mon the Caley Jaggies!!

Edited by Wilsononourwing

Nope 2 draws and the title is dundee's

Largely agreed. I think that's the permutation of results that Jocky Scott will be praying for because it would go a long way towards knocking the challenges of BOTH Highland clubs on the head.

I have to say that having been at virtually every Highland derby since the very first one in August 1994 in Dingwall, none of them has had nearly as much at stake for both clubs as the two which now come up in a period of ten days. It could be argued that it was a clean sweep of four derby wins in 96-97 that secured the Third Division title but that the the Third Division and there were nine points to spare in the end.

There were also of course derbies in promotion season 03-04 but I'm not sure for various reasons that there was the same level of awareness at the time they were played that SPL football might be a possibility and also they were not in the "dog eat dog" category which this month's most certainly are.

Edited by Charles Bannerman

County have that replay for a semi spot sandwiched between us. Must be the three biggest games in their history really. Could make their season or ruin it.

We will need to attack from the start, and get Hayes skipping past them. Will be a better game than Morton one, as County will not try and keep everyone behind the ball. Shaping up to be a cracker I think. Can see Rooney getting a couple on Saturday. Hibs game might mean they take their eye of the ball, if you know what I mean.

A draw and a win may be enough, but as soon as we play the draw card we need to WIN every other game until the end of the season.

Dundee will slip up but its how many times they will, If they were to draw and lose then that would be enough for us to allow for a draw ourselves and this is a high possibility.

Perhaps stating the obvious but a win and a defeat would be better than 2 draws.

Perhaps obvious to all you accountants out there, but not necessarily quite so obvious for all us ordinary punters.

Not without a bit of head scratching anyway.

Perhaps stating the obvious but a win and a defeat would be better than 2 draws.

Perhaps obvious to all you accountants out there, but not necessarily quite so obvious for all us ordinary punters.

Win and a defeat= 3points

2 draws= 2 points

It does not take an accountant to understand, just someone with the slightest knowledge of the mechanics of the Scottish football league.

What has me scratching my head is, is Johnboy on the wind up or did he really fail to understand that?

:rolleyes:

Dundee have a much tougher run in than we have.

For some reason 8 out of their remaining 11 fixtures are away games.

These include Raith, County, QoS, Ayr United and us. I can see 3 defeats there, the way they've been playing.

Seeing as Dundee have won only 3 of their 10 away games so far, I don't see why everyone's expecting that form to change. They've looked very ordinary lately and I can see them dropping plenty of points in their last 11 games....of which 8 are away.

Don't think it's a must win game on Sat, a draw would be ok I reckon.

2 draws= 2 points

What has me scratching my head is, is Johnboy on the wind up or did he really fail to understand that?

Thanks for trying to clarify that Birdy mate, but how can it be 3 points for a win and a defeat?

2 draws= 2 points

Thanks for trying to clarify that Birdy mate, but how can it be 3 points for a win and a defeat?

I think I see where your dilemma lies Johnnyboy, you are looking at the points gained from only a versus County perspective, if we win one and lose one then we have gained no ground on County the same as two draws, right? However, if you look beyond those two teams then two draws against County only gives us 2 points to peg back against Dundee but one win and a loss gives us 3 points to peg back.

I just done some fact finding and going by Dundee's next 10 games (the run in to the last game against us) They won 20 points out of a possible 30. They were the form team through these results so hopefully now they will struggle to match that record. This would then allow us 2 losses and a draw.

In ICT's last 11 matches remaining they gained a total of 17 points last time around, whereas Dundee gained 21. This time around ICT have already played game number 11 and beat Queens so have started with 3 more points than they had last time. Dundee have Ayr tomorrow night and last time they played at Somerset it was a draw.

Edited by ICTPAISLEY

No one's mentioned goal difference yet! It is conceivable that this could go right down to the wire, with Dundee, County and ourselves all finishing up on the same points total.

At the moment we are 3 goals better off than Dee, and 10 goals better off than County. They have games in hand over us of course, but both have tougher run ins, than we do, and I can't see either of them overhauling our superior GD.

I'm getting to love this league..... It is so much more interesting than the boring SPL.

In fact it's a shame somebody has to go up!

Although the two draw scenario would see us unbeaten, the 1 win 1 loss method gains us more points on Dundee and the status quo with County. It's getting intrigueing now, like a good book, ye just cannae put it down.

If we manage to claw Dundee back to 3 points (which is what i'm counting on) Then we should have the better goal difference. Just by winning the extra game than them. What we don't need is for them to score bucketloads against Ayr tomorrow night. I've never once actually considered winning the league by points and that goal difference would be sufficient.