FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Jonny Hayes

Bronson

He scored a great goal last night, put hasn't been as effective in recent weeks. Noticed last week that he takes every free kick and corner, so am wondering if takes more out of him during 90 minutes. Surely we have more than one player able to take corners and free kicks?

remember this is the first season he's had as a first team regular... he's bound to be absolutely knackered but as long as he keeps turning up in the important games don't think anyone will be complaining

he'd be no use in the box and less defending them so it makes sence he takes all set pieces

Edited by Harry Chibber

Out of all the players on the pitch he is probably the only one who could take a corner.

Does anyone else remember Sanchez's corner against Dundee on Boxing day? Thats how awful some of our set pieces were.

The only other player i think that could take at least a decent corner is Duncan. He tends to take some of the free kicks for the halfway line so he may be able to put it into practice from a corner.

That's the problem, there's really no-one in the current squad who is that good at it.

No longer do we have a Barry Wilson or a John Rankin.

or a Don Cowie :P

Most of Cowie's corners were rubbish. Most were just wee flicks to the edge of the box.

Does anyone else remember Odhiambo's corner about a month ago? I laughed it was so bad.

Did we not score from a corner yesterday?

Lol I actually looked at the County message board for the first time in about 6 years after the derby game and there was a post on it saying that Johnny Hayes is a good player and quite a few posters were saying they should sign him up for next season and he would make a good addition to their squad....dream on gypos!! Was laughable!

Edited by Joe DiMaggio

His set pieces aren't the best but there is no other person who could take them. I think Cox would have a good delivery and due to his lack of height wouldn't be missed around the box.

Vertically challenged, that may be the reason for Johnny taking most, should be ahead of Coxie by about an inch or so. Just like everyone moans when Ryan Esson's bykicks all head towards Richie Foran. Who wins the most headers in the ICT team frontline, Richie wins more than his fair share, yet every kick Esson takes to the left all you hear are groans. Wouldnt mind us knock the corners to the edge of the box a few times though, just for someone to take a pop, like Russeldinho, or Coxie, as if you watch us all the time, the scouts will notiv=ce we dont mix it up that often at all

Purpose of this thread wasn't to criticise Jonny, it was more an observation that he takes every free kick and corner, so if we get a sucession of corners on alternating sides he is required to run from corner flag to corner flag etc. This must take more out of him than others.

His haircut which i believe GJ is referring to was the mohican that he was sporting in the photos in the courier this week.

From the Scotsman:

Steven Craig was late through Hayes with five minutes left and was booked. Hayes was helped off the field clutching his ribs in agony ? a worrying note on an otherwise happy night for the Highland hosts.

Was it a bad one? Could do with him fit and well for Saturday on recent form!!

From the Scotsman:

Steven Craig was late through Hayes with five minutes left and was booked. Hayes was helped off the field clutching his ribs in agony ? a worrying note on an otherwise happy night for the Highland hosts.

Was it a bad one? Could do with him fit and well for Saturday on recent form!!

Aye i hope alls well with him , he's been outstanding lately :drinking09: :lol: :D