FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Pressure what pressure

12th Man

Why do all the other teams try and turn this around and say the pressure is all on us now that we are at the top.

Every one loves the underdog to win and we are that in a way, to sit behind the other teams for so long we are underdogs.

We entered the 1st division arena to join the likes of high spending high paying Dundee, who were also the the bookies favourites before a ball was even kicked.

If there is any pressure in this league I would most definitely say that it is and always be on Dundee and there is even more pressure on the high spending club now that they are sitting just behind us in the league.

Regarding County its still a tall ask, seeing as they touted themselves as the fittest team in the league they haven't faired too well in the league whilst playing 2 games a week, so perhaps the fear of County winning all of their games in hand and closing the gap should really be ignored until a possibly becomes a reality.

So heres to the underdogs and to ruining the Dundee players cup winning bonus.

Best wishes in the final games, all us fans will be there to support you in numbers. Good luck.

We're not underdogs but Dundee were over dogs, down to dogs and now greeting dogs. NO man can take a three dog rating drop in a three month period, thats just not possible. Underdogs can not be former over dogs. We always were from the beginning of the season over dogs as were the last team in the league to be playing top flight football. Dundee had the same Dog rating as us because of the ca$h, which has been poorly spent if that was all the cash they were going to spend. County just try to involve the dogs as part of their Derek Adam's sponsored community club system. As long as the dogs feel like they are part of the club then promotion is not a concern. Nothing has changed from the beginning of the season, we are the team to beat and we have Richie Foran.

We're not underdogs but Dundee were over dogs, down to dogs and now greeting dogs. NO man can take a three dog rating drop in a three month period, thats just not possible. Underdogs can not be former over dogs. We always were from the beginning of the season over dogs as were the last team in the league to be playing top flight football. Dundee had the same Dog rating as us because of the ca$h, which has been poorly spent if that was all the cash they were going to spend. County just try to involve the dogs as part of their Derek Adam's sponsored community club system. As long as the dogs feel like they are part of the club then promotion is not a concern. Nothing has changed from the beginning of the season, we are the team to beat and we have Richie Foran who is top god

Added a bit at the end for you there

We're not underdogs but Dundee were over dogs, down to dogs and now greeting dogs. NO man can take a three dog rating drop in a three month period, thats just not possible. Underdogs can not be former over dogs.... Nothing has changed from the beginning of the season, we are the team to beat and we have Richie Foran.

Superb...

It is in fact a truism: TheKnowledge completely ROCKS! friends.gif

('Greeting dogs' ~ bloody brilliant! laugh1.gif )

This topic wasnt really about who is deemed to be the underdogs, I'm reading more and more about its our turn to feel the pressure now that we are at the top.

I'm merely pointing out that there is a lot of pressure on big spending Dundee to win the league and even more so now that they have been pushed in to second, although County are just behind us IF they win their games in hand, so theres not really any fear of them catching us up just yet, as theres a lot of pressure on them to win their games in hand too.

Were not the ones under pressure the other teams are.

Edited by 12th Man

In reply to the o/p, I think it's a different kind of pressure. I enjoyed the chase, clawing Dundee back week by week, point by point. Now though, all the focus is on us, so maybe the pressure, or expectation is greater.

Expectation brings with it more pressure from all directions.

I think people are afraid of having egg on their face but for me, thats an near permanent feature of my life so, I can shoot my mouth off and deal with the consequences. The OP is correct, what pressure? I didn't even realise we ere in a chase until we had caught them. I thought we would do our part but always expected Dundee to sort themselves out. I enjoy this as do quite a few of the players I expect. If we hadn't caught Dundee, Sat would have finished 3-3. Being top is good for us.

In Foran We trust

We were the underdogs at the start of the season. The bookies had us at 10-1 ffs. I've thought since about Christmas we've got the players to win the league. None of the other teams really look anything special. The pressure is on Dundee. I got a call today from a guy I work with who is a life-long dundee fan. He was trying to give it the whole 'oooh 4 points you must be nervous chat'. I'd like to see us back as it would mean more money for the club - youth development etc. But I've really enjoyed this season.