FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Getting lost in the maths

Tug

I like this thread .. there are so many different variations and computations that you can throw out there but I hope TB & MM have only a single game plan in mind ... to win the next three games and go up as champions on the back of a 21 game unbeaten streak in the league that includes 9 wins on the trot !!!

That would be impressive and just shy of equalling our best ever streak of 11 consecutive league wins (16/11/96 - 15/02/97 - SFL3) and 22 league games unbeaten (02/11/96 - 19/04/97 - SFL3)

Incidentally - If Rooney can score in the next couple of games he will also equal Stewart, Xausa, Wyness (twice), and Richie in scoring in 5 consecutive games ... record holder is Dargo (7).

http://caleythistleonline.com/team-info/stats-a-facts

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, following form over the season against the Pars I would reckon we would be more likely to win by a single goal, and probably the only goal. But that'll do!

Hardly need to rack up the goal difference now do we? :tonguecheek:

Who cares about all this talk about if dundee win or if county lose or what if they both win blah blah blah blah.

3 points on saturday and the ayr game will be an amazing day out to clinch the league

I BELEIVE!!!

I BELIEVE even more than that ! Ihave a hunch that the league will be ours by Saturday evening.

If we beat Dumbfarmlife I am going to get pisshed - If we draw or lose I am going to get pisshed.

If we win and Dundee draw or lose I am going to get Pisshder.

i think i see a pattern emerging here!!!!!

If we beat Dumbfarmlife I am going to get pisshed - If we draw or lose I am going to get pisshed.

Yes - I aim to be pisshdeder more at Ayr and totally pisshed until next season.

Yes - I aim to be pisshdeder more at Ayr and totally pisshed until next season.

Raith lose 3-0 to Airdrie. Hope they haven't given up on this season after going out of the cup, which is what I recall we used to do after we had a good cup run and nothing to play for in the league.

Strap on your G Units. We'll be fine a035.gif

Raith lose 3-0 to Airdrie. Hope they haven't given up on this season after going out of the cup, which is what I recall we used to do after we had a good cup run and nothing to play for in the league.

Raith don't have nothing to play for. It is not beyond possibility that at least two of Airdrie, Ayr and Morton could overtake them and drag them into a relegation or play off position.

Raith don't have nothing to play for. It is not beyond possibility that at least two of Airdrie, Ayr and Morton could overtake them and drag them into a relegation or play off position.

Agree. Six points of the playoff place I think they'll be watching their backs.

Agree. Six points of the playoff place I think they'll be watching their backs.

Yes, Raith's proximity to the drop zone can only be a good thing with their forthcoming double-header against Dundee. Here's hoping they can do themselves, and us, a favour in those two fixtures.

Edited by Bush

To simplify.

ICT------------COUNTY----------------DUNDEE

64---------------67-----------------------69

ICT is the current points total.

For County and Dundee this is the potential maximum points that they can achieve.

So add on the points for us accordingly and every time County or Dundee draw, take off 2 points and take 3 off for a defeat, if they win, their points stay the same,when our number is bigger than the others we win.

To simplify.

For County and Dundee this is the potential maximum points that they can achieve.

So add on the points for us accordingly and every time County or Dundee draw, take off 2 points and take 3 off for a defeat, if they win, their points stay the same,when our number is bigger than the others we win.

Nicely put! :D

To simplify.

So add on the points for us accordingly and every time County or Dundee draw, take off 2 points and take 3 off for a defeat, if they win, their points stay the same,when our number is bigger than the others we win

so it is entirely possible then for us to be champions by 16:45 on saturday

thats what i was thinking...obviously i would mauch rather we finished with 3 wins and kicked the arse out of dundee on the 1st but just wondered if the 2 wins out of 3 was a must

Can't believe this is still being earnestly debated.

I still like my scenario the best :

That we go into the final game of the season with Dee needing to beat us by 18 clear goals to lift the title.

Now that would be my idea of a nice relaxing afternoon at the football.

:D