FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The Death of a Salesman.

Guest 1MORESEASONBLACK

Guest 1MORESEASONBLACK

Picture this CC running his own business which consisted of himself and a salesman. Week in week out the salesman gave 110%, gave his all everyday but did not sell anything. CC kept giving him a chance because of his loyalty and dedicated perfomance but still no sales. How long is it feasible to continue with this scenario, how long before the company starts hitting difficuties?

We have some players, one in particular, that give 110% and put in dedicated performances but doesnt do to job their positions dictates they do...

Now for me DARGO is an out and out PROVEN striker but he needs service to his feet. If he is not getting this service he will find it difficult  to score. Yesterdays game you could see his frustration throughout the game and more so when he was hooked. CC has to get this long ball stuff to feck. If you remember last season when brewster or bayne playd alongside dargo, dargo did not score as we were playing that long ball shect. However when teamed up with Wyness dargo was on fire... the ball was played along the ground and Dargo was getting the service he required.

Please CC play someone alongside Dargo that can read the way he plays, anticipates his runs and ultimately gives him the service he deserves.

Dargo has been on poor form for a while and that is no one elses fault but his own.  Last season when he scored a lot of goals you would see him chasing lost causes and hassling defenders to create oppertunities, this season unless the ball is delivered on the exact spot that he wants it he wont bother his erse.  We need all 11 players on the park giving their all and just because Dargo has a good record from last season doesn't mean he has the right to be in the team.  How you can criticise Charlies subs anyway is baffling considering that McCallister and Zander came on created oppertunities and Rossco scored - is that not a stroke of genius??

Guest 1MORESEASONBLACK

Where and when did i criticise the substitutions - Zander and Rory were an inspiration to the team - i question why it was Dargo that was hooked. If you watch Dargo of the ball he is making intelligent runs but his strike partner never knows where he is or flicks a ball here there or everywhere. Dargo is not poor the service he is getting is poor!

Where and when did i criticise the substitutions - Zander and Rory were an inspiration to the team

Rory had to come on for someone and if Dargo wasn't producing the goods then maybe he was right to hook him.  I've always been under the impression that if you aren't getting the service then you work harder and Dargo seems to be doing the opposite.  I missed the game yesterday but against Killie in particular he looked lethargic and could have easily bagged a couple more goals if linked onto one of Bayne's head flicks, I'll agree that our midfield are not producing the goods at the moment but Dargo isn't blameless

I've always been under the impression that if you aren't getting the service then you work harder and Dargo seems to be doing the opposite. 

But with constant long balls we're playing to Baynes strengths, not Dargos.  Hit it high and you'd expect Bayne to at least win a good percentage of the headers, so obviously it looks like he's doing the most work. The trouble is his flick ons never go where they're supposed to!

Bayne can give 100% every game, he can chase down every lost cause, but he's got no composure at all in front of goal. We need strikers who can score, not ones who the best we can hope for is total effort.

I'd have more faith in a Dargo playing *****, than a Bayne playing at his best, to get us goals.

I am in the Dargo camp on this. At times he just thinks and moves too fast fer some of his team mates. Bayne will always give 100% but balls are simply being pinged at him. I picked out 4-5 occasions at both Killie and yesterday where Dargo made an intelligent off the ball run and Bayne's header went wayward. Maybe Dargo isnt shouting !!!

Guest Sandy Cromarty

I would agree with einmairseason here, Dargo is a box player and good at it as is Dennis, also consider that he hasn't got the height for the punts.

Much of Dargo's success last season came through excellent provision and linking from Denzil.

Without Denzil he is not a player who can thrive in our set up.

He does not link well with a "big man". This has been shown in partnerships with Brewster and with Bayne.

Get Denzil's shoulder sorted and get him back in the starting line up!

Have to agree with the comments about Dargo not appearing to chase near as much these days as he did last season.  Kind of reminds me a bit of Juanjo when he first arrived at ICT and expected everything at his feet.  As soon as he dropped that attitude and started getting stuck in he had some great performances and we need Dargo to start doing that again.

It's all fair and well saying he would be a great player if he was getting this kind of service, but he isn't.  2 options, change the midfield and forward partnership to suit Dargo, or, hook Dargo and replace him with a player who is capable of playing the system, chasing balls and creating their own chances.

Bottom line is that our current form is not down to any single player/area of the pitch but the inability to put everything together as a single slick unit.

Instead of criticising Bayne for not heading the ball to Dargo, how about Dargo runs to where the ball is headed to. It can be difficult enough to keep winning these high balls, and more so direct it perfectly every time with two six foot four muscle men breathing down your neck.  Dargo was anonymous on Saturday, so much so I thought he was coming on half way through the second half.  It is up to Dargo to read the knock on's better and get on the end of them. Bayne is doing all he can to win the headers.

Guest 1MORESEASONBLACK

Instead of criticising Bayne for not heading the ball to Dargo, how about Dargo runs to where the ball is headed to. It can be difficult enough to keep winning these high balls, and more so direct it perfectly every time with two six foot four muscle men breathing down your neck.  Dargo was anonymous on Saturday, so much so I thought he was coming on half way through the second half.  It is up to Dargo to read the knock on's better and get on the end of them. Bayne is doing all he can to win the headers.

i suggest over the next month or so keep a note of what Bayne wins and what he does not. How many goals he scores how many clear cut chances he squanders, how many goals he sets up.

Dargo is definitely unhappy and rightly so he is by far a more intelligent player than Bayne. Giving 110% isnt everything but winning is!

I suggest you do it.

Dargo needs to get his finger out, last season is history.

Unfair to ask how many goal assists Bayne has, not his fault if the great Dargo can't put them away. Did Bayne not release him a couple of times against Killie, and did he not get the last touch for Dargo's goal. Agreed he has also missed a few decent chances, but like Rankin, he will come good. But for a great reflex save at the weekend, he would have certainly scored and he also did well to get on the end of one in the first half which screwed wide.

Dargo is definitely unhappy and rightly so he is by far a more intelligent player than Bayne. Giving 110% isnt everything but winning is!

Not so intelligent as to realise if the ball isn't coming to his feet then perhaps he needs to do a bit more chasing.  I have come to wonder if his old injuries are taking their toll and he somehow thinks he proved himself last year and doesn't feel he needs to risk pushing himself so much this season.

Guest Sandy Cromarty

Watch Bayne carefully in the box area when high balls come in, even with his height he fails to connect 9 times out of 10 and is beaten to the ball, but there is no doubt he works hard and has physical presence and for that reason I woud prefer him behind Dennis and Dargo once Dennis is fit again.

One thing everyone is missing here is the fact that Dargo is seen by the opposition as a threat and is shadowed close so finds it hard to get into space.

As for the long ball, this is not what CC wants. Unfortunately we dont have defenders who can play the ball out of defence so, when the pressure is on, they tend to punt the ball up the park. For a passing game to be successful it is necessary to attack from defence. We are working on it but, I think, nerves get the better of them when the pressure is on. I think things will get better. Rossco and Hastings are making runs forward but they come unstuck because we dont really have midfielders getting into the corners and working the ball into the box. Maybe we should look at playing three up front. Good old fashioned wing forwards playing the ball into and a centre forward of the Dargo class who can direct the ball goalwards.

But, to all the CC critics, change takes time to develop. Its very hard to knock a particular style out of a player overnight.