FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

signing for next season

dam17

True.. also Tuffey would be daft to sign for someone as back up keeper - he's too good for that.

We could do with 3 experience outfield players plus a keeper back-up for the coming season, at the moment we have a pretty lean squad.

He has a house here and to be honest he has every right to still be here just because he doesnt play for ICT, County might sign him after all it was Rooster that took him here so he must see something in him. Andy Barrowman still lives here too... The Cheek!

Watching the World Cup today, Ghana versus Uruguay, the commentator was waxing eloquent about the Ghanaian goalkeeper, Kingson, who did well with several great saves.

The commentator mused "....Kingson is a good goalie and ..etc.etc .... AND HE IS LOOKING FOR A NEW CLUB.!"

At this my ears pricked up and I thought that if Terry was interested in signing a world cup goalie from an African team who is athletic and brave and is looking to advance his career, why not contact him."

I mean , nothing ventured, nothing gained. ...............

Watching the World Cup today, Ghana versus Uruguay, the commentator was waxing eloquent about the Ghanaian goalkeeper, Kingson, who did well with several great saves.

The commentator mused "....Kingson is a good goalie and ..etc.etc .... AND HE IS LOOKING FOR A NEW CLUB.!"

At this my ears pricked up and I thought that if Terry was interested in signing a world cup goalie from an African team who is athletic and brave and is looking to advance his career, why not contact him."

I mean , nothing ventured, nothing gained. ...............

He is a free agent with his most recent clubs being Wigan Athletic and Birmingham, he was a back up keeper for both mainly so i doubt he would want to play back up to Esson. I think he also said he would like to remain in England as well.

• 3 weeks later...

I've noticed that happens a lot. John Hughes/Tony Mowbray lacked the big booted defender. Souness didn't like anyone that spoke out. Dalglish didn't rate Peter Beardsley. The list is endless and quite surprising. I presume it's something about wanting other players to play, whilst not realising their own style and contribution.

I keep thinking our previous interest in Gregory Tade may yet yield a signing. He's a strong quick player who plays on either wing or up front; positions which we've recently realised need extra depth.

Like most I'd also like to see Pavels back in addition to a loan signing or two. If you look at the caliber of loan deals that some SPL clubs have secured e.g. Sheridan for St Johnstone, Easton for Accies, Jutkev... (sp?) for Motherwell then it shows that there aren't just Bajram Fetai's available.

I noticed that Evan Horwood didn't join Aberdeen, they pursued that other left back Williams. Horwood would be a good addition to the squad and he is only 24 so adds a bit of younger player to the backline.

Would love Pavels back but i think the signing of Innes will kill any such move for Pavels.

I hope Butch hasn't given up on Mackay-Steven either.

I keep thinking our previous interest in Gregory Tade may yet yield a signing. He's a strong quick player who plays on either wing or up front; positions which we've recently realised need extra depth.

Like most I'd also like to see Pavels back in addition to a loan signing or two. If you look at the caliber of loan deals that some SPL clubs have secured e.g. Sheridan for St Johnstone, Easton for Accies, Jutkev... (sp?) for Motherwell then it shows that there aren't just Bajram Fetai's available.

Whilst being a decent signing i think hes still under contract and therefore a fee would be required to get his signature. I think he would provide decent competition for Hayes while also providing cover for Rooney however i cant see us signing him unfortunately.

I noticed that Evan Horwood didn't join Aberdeen, they pursued that other left back Williams. Horwood would be a good addition to the squad and he is only 24 so adds a bit of younger player to the backline.

Would love Pavels back but i think the signing of Innes will kill any such move for Pavels.

I hope Butch hasn't given up on Mackay-Steven either.

Aberdeen also had a left back called Grant Basey on trial who is an U21 Welsh international, 6 Ft 2, left back who was at Charlton last year. Read somewhere online that hes a decent player so if he's unsuccesful at Aberdeen then would be happy to see him come up here for a trial/short term move to see how he gets on.

I agree about Mackay-Steven, still hope he's give a chance to shine and that he is behind the worst of his injury problems

All the raith fans say he's really inconsistent wether thats just due to not having good enough players to work or not i think he would be a decent signing and im only saying decent because i doubt he would ever start for us unless somebody got injured

A few blokes in Inverness tracksuits at the Bohemian v Pats game in Dublin last night, not sure if they were scouts or coaches or whatever. But story doing rounds that you are interested in a couple of our players. Just wondering if you lads had heard anything.

Nothing has been mentioned on here anyway. If we had people watching players, would they wear ICT tracksuits to it?

Wouldn't be surprised if we were looking in Ireland though, as our 3 best players hail hail from there (Foran, Rooney & Hayes).

A few blokes in Inverness tracksuits at the Bohemian v Pats game in Dublin last night, not sure if they were scouts or coaches or whatever. But story doing rounds that you are interested in a couple of our players. Just wondering if you lads had heard anything.

The name that I heard was Shelley but I see that he is a midfielder and I cant see us needing another midfielder - No whether you have a decent right full back ?? Can we have Madden though ?

We have teams participating in the Umbro Dublin Cup this weekend. Coaches could be scouting but more likely just taking in a game when they have the opportunity. I think Charlie C might be over there in his youth development capacity, could have been him at the Bohs game.

Edited by ymip
  • Agree 1