Earthquake !

Scotty

Apparently we just had an earthquake !!! Never felt a thing :D

A magnitude 5.0 earthquake happened about an hour ago between Montreal and Ottawa and was felt as far away as Ohio ! In our building here there were some rumblings which I thought was our air conditioning or a generator or something like that and some people are saying that stuff shook on shelves for a few seconds but I have to say I was completely oblivious to it !!!!!

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/rec...quakes_all.html

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/dyf...7/us/index.html

nahh, I'll just tap up the G20 leaders who are starting to fly into Toronto today !!! coincidence or what ..... conspiracy theorists will have a field day :D

Out here on the West Coast of Canada we are patiently wiating for the "Big One".

It is not a question of "if" anymore. It's "when".

These two tectonic plates keep moving over one another out there in the Pacific Ocean some 100 miles from Vancouver and the strain is building week by week. I think it is actually overdue.

Vancouver City officials went down to Chile or one of these countries recently to assess the damage of their earthquake on their so-called safe buildings , how they fell and why? They can use this informnation in the north because the tectonic plates are similar and similar results are expected with one exceoption--the one up here is going to be huge.

I can see Mount Baker from the rear of my townhouse It's a mountain I have skiied on when I was younger. It is situated in Washington State, U.S.A. and is a non-active volcano. Mount St Helens is a sister of Baker and when it blew suddenly a few years ago the devastation was absolutely incredible. The side of the mountain blew off. Trees within a 60 mile radius of the mountain were all blown down and most of them were incinerated by the periclastic cloud of ultra hot fine ash. And so on. So we live with increasing foreboding knowing that no matter where we live in this region all of us are going to feel it when the "BIG ONE" lets go.

I can see Mount Baker from the rear of my townhouse It's a mountain I have skiied on when I was younger. It is situated in Washington State, U.S.A. and is a non-active volcano. Mount St Helens is a sister of Baker and when it blew suddenly a few years ago the devastation was absolutely incredible. The side of the mountain blew off. Trees within a 60 mile radius of the mountain were all blown down and most of them were incinerated by the periclastic cloud of ultra hot fine ash. And so on. So we live with increasing foreboding knowing that no matter where we live in this region all of us are going to feel it when the "BIG ONE" lets go.

Whoah...