FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

If ICT were an English club

TopSix

With the cup upsets last night, it got me thinking on the train back to Edinburgh. If ICT were an English club, which club would we be? I was thinking we're pretty similar to West Brom. Waaaay to big for the Championship, but a little lacking in resources for the Premier League. Purely hypothetical and comes from a little too much thinking after that tanking last night. Who would you compare us to and why?

I wish that we were just like Fleetwood Town :twothumbsup:

No more green dots left sorry ihe. I wish we had a scoreboard and bar like Fleetwood town. I think I'll keep our players tho sorry.

It did say "if ICT were an English club" so I was alluding to the same players, fans, manager, coaches and backroom staff (minus the muppets as a swap for me millionaire mate and his lads :rolleyes: ), standing on the terraces, no OTT stewarding, the bar open throughout and OK the scoreboard.

Putting aside the absurdity of the thread title, it can only be Newcastle United who, like us, were relegated from the top flight last year and came straight back up this year.

Come to think of it, that's probably the first time an English club and Scottish club have both bounced straight bacvk up in the same year. Surely this calls for some sort of twinning arrangement! :lol:

• Agree 1

Putting aside the absurdity of the thread title, it can only be Newcastle United who, like us, were relegated from the top flight last year and came straight back up this year.

Come to think of it, that's probably the first time an English club and Scottish club have both bounced straight bacvk up in the same year. Surely this calls for some sort of twinning arrangement! :lol:

Agreed and also the fact that we're the most northern club in the top flight.........

We seem to have a lot in common with Newcastle United, but I vaguely remember talk a few years ago about some sort of arrangement between Newcastle and the hated Elgin City! This was based on the rather flimsy common ground that both teams wore vertical black and white stripes. Wonder what happened to that arrangement.

Aye, Newcastle United - great club, great support, but for years they've suffered from brigands, charlatans and chancers at the highest level and never seem to get the leadership they deserve - I'm talking about the Board here, not the team management.

Yes, we have got a lot in common!

Nonsense unlike newcastle we've won a trophy (or two!) in the last 50 years.

Although like The Toon some of our fans do tend to over-react at times.

Nonsense , in the last 50 years Newcastle have won the Intertoto cup ,and 3 times have been winners of the Championship / 2nd division .

Nonsense , in the last 50 years Newcastle have won the Intertoto cup ,and 3 times have been winners of the Championship / 2nd division .

So NUFC has won 4 trophies and we have won....4

So NUFC has won 4 trophies and we have won....4

After a quick search I see NUFC have also won the Inter-Cities Fairs Cup the Anglo-Italian Cup the Kirin Cup and the Texaco cup (twice) in the last 50 years :nanananana: