FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Matchday Thread: Hamilton -V- ICT

Scotty

Result :thumbup:

Was at the County game. A Brewster 'inspired' performance :rotflmao: They were truly awful although I have to admit the ref was possibly the worst I've ever seen and gave everything to Dundee.

Griffiths might be a ned but he's a cracking wee player. I'd love us to sign him

In your face Dougie Imrie! :nanananana:

Seriously though, great result. Rooney continues to bang in the goals and great for Jonny to grab another one. Yet again it dosen't matter what the situation is we seem to grab a result away from home.

Only dissapointment is it sounds like Foran came off with a nasty injury.

Result :thumbup:

Was at the County game. A Brewster 'inspired' performance :rotflmao: They were truly awful although I have to admit the ref was possibly the worst I've ever seen and gave everything to Dundee.

So...a quality performance from the ref then....good enuff for the soap dodging, inbred tinks!

Great result. Nice to see Imrie getting stuffed, did he do the run over when he scored? I wonder if he saluted our fans after this match? Can see Rooney marching up the scorers table.

Great to listen to, so must have been even better to be there. Can't wait for the highlights!

Keep us up with the pack. Is there a split appearing between us and Dun Utd? Hope so.

Great result. Nice to see Imrie getting stuffed, did he do the run over when he scored? I wonder if he saluted our fans after this match? Can see Rooney marching up the scorers table.

Great to listen to, so must have been even better to be there. Can't wait for the highlights!

Keep us up with the pack. Is there a split appearing between us and Dun Utd? Hope so.

Yeah he was straight over to let us know he scored. By the end of the match he looked defeated and i wouldn't have been surprised if he got himself sent off :laugh:.

Loved Butcher coming over at the end of the game, punching the air over and over as we chanted.

Pretty poor first half from us but we certainly made up for it in the second half, Esson, Rooney and Hayes continue to amaze me every time i see them.

Why did Richie even start? Didn't lack any effort but he was clutching at his stomach after the first 5 minutes when whipping in a cross. Hopefully he can now get a long awaited rest and we can bring in Odhiambo until he's match fit again.

I'm another who would like to see Sanchez get a wee shot on the park. He turned our chances round at Easter Road earlier in the season.

Butcher is the best manager we have had for interaction with the fans, he knows exactly how to milk it, and his interviews are normally spot on.

Well done Doc Butcher, and Nurse Mo.

Quality result after being 1v0 down at ht and apparently not playing too well (I say apparently as I wasn't there) it's great that we bounced back in the second half and from listening to TB's interview the players inspired themselves into the fightback.

Clearly the squad love being together and it's a testament to the management team that they have the belief and the ability in the team so as not to go mad at half time and let them turn it round themselves with a few words of encouragement. It's also great that the players have the respect of the manager to allow them to have a few pints after the game on the way home knowing that they'll not go over the top.

Good to see us stick it right up Hamilton and Imrie especially after the home game earlier in the season, yes it's games we now feel we should win but actually going out and doing it is another thing so a big congratulations to all from me for todays result :twothumbsup:

he's inspering and sends shivers up my back when I listen to him. He connects with everyone at the club and the pundits love to speak to him and about him. He's a model manager and a real joy to speak to. Never has a bad word to say about anyone and has never stopped believing in the club.

• Agree 1

Butcher is the best manager we have had for interaction with the fans, he knows exactly how to milk it, and his interviews are normally spot on.

Yup would agree. I said exactly this at the time of his appointment. He was the same at Motherwell in terms of PR and interviews and dare I say it he brings the same passion to ICT as a manager as he did to England and Rangers in his playing days (and probably Ipswich too).

Whatever he does in terms of man management be it iron fist or velvet glove at the appropriate times it is obviously working

oK...........sneaked on to the work computer. Night shift tonight will be a breeze after another phenomenal away day. We were poor in the first half and, to be fair, Accies played some nice stuff when they had the ball. Imrie's goal was well taken and he did well to control himself when running behind the goal to celebrate. I DISAGREE with all the bile coming from our support and in his direction. Fun is fun and I enjoy a good wind-up as much as the next man, but the paedo stuff crossed a line.

Back to the game and after 15 crazy minutes of the second half we were in heaven and potentially looking at a big score. Rooney's first was a gift but he still had to finish. Johnny piled in for a second and a glorious jump and header into the postage stamp by Adam completed the scoring. Rooney had 30 mins to complete a hat-trick.............have we had one in the SPL???.

We let Hamilton press thereafter. I believe Ryan made a stupendous point-blank save (I did not see it as I was texting scores around the globe)........it is so good to have him between the sticks....there are few better around.

The temperature dropped markedly as full time approached reminding us that we are now entering winter and that the hard work needs to continue or we easily slip a few league places. Richie, I say again, needs to get himself fit .......he is SO obviously carrying at least one injury. It is Butchers shout when we can best do without him........he was towering in the air today. Special mention to Ross, Shinnie, Duff......oh hell .....the lot of them. And Tel for giving us a great send off. You guys who are not travelling to away fixtures (but could) are really missing out on something special......it won't last forever and may never happen again. Come on down and enjoy.

• Agree 5
  • Disagree 1

Have to start by saying that it was one of the more subdued away days of the season but the last 45 performance lifted the crowd and then it was true Caley Away stuff. I feel that it was a lack of drunkedness pre match which I will be monitoring at Parkdread and intend to prevent a lack of intoxication to happen again.

OK - the "paedo" Imrie chants were OTT but the old bill and the stewards picked on the youngest of the support :irritated:

As fer the game - well if ever it was a case of a tale of two halves. I felt that the first half was the worst that I have seen this season and against the worst team that we have played this season - and they still (deservedly) went in 1-0 up, Imrie scored with a cute wee chick, I aint got anything against him and I could appreciate his wind ups BUT the five fingered - away from the officials - gesture to the ICT end and the smugness means that he is goin 2 get feckin laldy from me in the future.

Second half was so focussed, so structured and so controlled that we cruised after we hit them twice and got even more comfortable when we hit the third - lets face it we cantered home.

ESSON :twothumbsup::twothumbsup::twothumbsup::twothumbsup: Ditto fer most of my comments this season - he has been and is IMMENSE

McCANN :twothumbsup::twothumbsup::twothumbsup: I really have doubts. He is solid enuff defensively but his distribution is awry albeit he is beginning to overlap.

ROSSCOE :twothumbsup::twothumbsup::twothumbsup: Did a job and cruised through the second half - Rosscoe and Granty are really beginning to gel.

GRANTY :twothumbsup::twothumbsup::twothumbsup: Ditto fer Rosscoe but is becoming a bit of a reliable "sweeper"

SHINNIE :twothumbsup::twothumbsup::twothumbsup: Shaky first half when he was targetted by Imrie but stood his ground - should keep his place.

HAYES :twothumbsup::twothumbsup::twothumbsup::twothumbsup: Has to be MOM but he really is a feckin frustrating **** - he was missiing in action fer the first half but feckin unstoppable in the second.

DUFF :twothumbsup::twothumbsup::twothumbsup: Another who floundered in the first 45 and his passing was suspect - played the ball about well in the second - but he is the BEST right back that we have had in ages.

MORRISON :twothumbsup::twothumbsup::twothumbsup: Hld his own but looked lost at times.

ROSS :twothumbsup::twothumbsup::twothumbsup::twothumbsup: Close to my MOM and happy birfday Nick - he looks really good in central midfield so keep him there TB.

FORAN :twothumbsup::twothumbsup::twothumbsup: Was he fit from the off - keep him wide left and stop him from covering and swopping.

ROONEY :twothumbsup::twothumbsup::twothumbsup::twothumbsup: No pace but is this boy going to be one of the strongest hold up players and intuitive goal getters in the SPL.

SUBS - Cox looked as if he is fit and raring to go.

Terrible first half but Terry and Mo changed the tactics from being defensive to offensive at half time and we waltzed it - but we could have gone fer the jugular from the start.

Now that I am sober that was not a bad wee report - wish I could remember doing it. Just to add that ICT Paisley got it spot on about Foran and he really could have come of at the break, plus he really did allow Imrie to wind him up and was as close to being sent off fer a second yellow as being hooked. Not entirelt shure what role TB gave him yesterday but he was practically shadowing Morrison which is a waste. He had gone down three times clutching his stomach but it looked like a foot injury that led to the hooking.

Imrie showed nice touches in the first 30 minutes and took the goal really well. He always looks more dangerous when he is wide and that is where he was for most of the first half and then they moved him - or perhaps he moved in frustration - to a deeper midfield almost playmaking role - where he was ineffective and he could easily have been given a second yellow near the end.There were a few tanker impersonations from the Away support at the end to pay him back to his surreptitious tanker goal celebration.

The core of our team - Esson, Rosscoe and Granty are really beginning to gel but I would like to see the Imrie goal as I thought Rosscoe was caught flat footed again.

Morrison needs more time but I was talking about resting young Nick a few weeks ago but he is playing out of his skin and getting better each match - although I wish he could find his shooting boots. He gets himself in to some great positions but fluffs the finish.

The only other minor criticism is that I am still not sure of McCann and I would be playing Duff at right back when Duncan and Cox are available again. And Cox didnt have impress me in the short time he had on the pitch - he was everywhere. I also felt that Eric could have been brought on a lot earlier - for Foran - as his pace would have killed them off sooner and we may have hit six - which we really could have anyway.

As fer Hamilton - the stadium is the pits and the home crowd makes TCS feel atmospheric. Ross had the best view from the top of the container in the scaffolding end. "Hey teacher - leave those kids alone" :rotflmao::rotflmao:

CALEYAWAYWITHTERRYANDMO :thumbup:

And as fer Tel Boy - he would be a great man to have leading a Hokey Cokey and lets hope that he gives us a repeat rendition in front of the Green Brigade next week.ICT

Just back and I have to save this was inspiratiuonal stuff. Imrie took up a lot of our energies in the first half but from the kick off in the second half Hamilton were finally put in their place. As the SPL's spoilers they have extracted a lot of points from ICT but within 14 minutes of the restart they were a disheartened side. Reid is a cagey little manager but Terry and Mo relaxed everyone at the tea break and out they came to ram it right up the SPL's leading timewasters. Rooney scored two great goals from open play. That will be the breakthrough for him I suspect. He gets lots of good chances and sooner or later he is going to look top drawer.

Nick Ross looked very skilful as he celebrated his international call up and birthday.