FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Cheap train travel

TopSix

With quite a few away games coming up, I thought I'd give you a wee heads-up that Sainsburys are starting their Scotrail travel deal again on the 11th of January. It's for travel between the 11th of Jan and 31st of March and a return journey only costs ?19. Sorry I don't have more details or a link to this online but it's in the current Scotrail 'Insight' magazine.

http://www.scotrail.co.uk/sites/default/files/documents/FSR_INSIGHT_JanFeb2012_WEB.pdf

Full details on page 5:

Travel anywhere in Scotland for just ?19 return

Now you can save even more when you shop at Sainsbury?s. Spend ?15 or more at any of their Scottish supermarkets (or just ?5 at a Sainsbury?s Local) between 11 January and 7 February 2012 and you will receive a Scotland by Rail voucher which entitles you to choose from two great offers: Travel anywhere in Scotland for only ?19 return ? regardless of how far you want to travel. Or, for the same price you can take a child with you absolutely FREE ? that?s one adult and one child travelling together for only ?19 return anywhere in Scotland. Just ask for your voucher at the checkout. Rail vouchers are valid for travel between 11 January and 31 March 2012 inclusive and can be used at half term. Please refer to your voucher for full travel terms and conditions. So put Sainsbury?s on your shopping list and stock up on some great rail offers!

Edited by Top Six Next Year

Slightly off topic but i have managed to get a return from eastleigh to glasgow for £37 with my railcard, also dunfermline the weekend after is sub 60 and somehow for the dundee utd game on sun 4th i managed to get a train to killie on the sat (i am a sad groundhopper) for £17 !!

The trainline.com is handy for checking times but beware they will charge you a handling fee and about £3.50 if you want to pay with credit card. (I always use my card online as it is protected aginast fraud)

If you use scotrail website they do not charge you any fees.

Similar if you want to travel in England, use the trainline to find out the network operator (eg: virgin) then go direct to them and buy your tickets. Even if you have to use a different operator for some of the journey you can get all tickets together and with no fees.

Edited by KingBeastie