FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT - The Future?

Guest Bonzo

Agree with the majority of what has been said and with CC's recent comments in the press where he rightly says priority number 1 each season is to avoid being in the dogfight at the bottom.  After that, and I think the majority of the fanbase feel the same, then lets see what can be achieved.  

Defence is playing ok but the whole team seems to be scared of the ball and of making mistakes and are getting rid of the ball as rapidly as possible to whatever coloured jersey.

There has been little change in performances by the team since the start of the season which have generally not been as good as last season.  However I do think that or recent goal drought will not last and wonder who will be deluged when the team clicks.

fortunately, we live in a democracy where everybody's opinion should be heard and the biggest problem on this board is the narrow minded, blinkered attitude that some posters adopt, when anyone dares to question the ability of the present manager.  If you want only posts that support your own opinion then this would not be representative of what other fans feel, if they are paying their money to watch dross week in and week out then they are entitled to have their say.

If hearing an opinion other than yours is so upsetting, then split the forum into 2 so that like minded fans can have discussions with out having to put up with the drivel spouted by the likes of "immortal howden ender" who does nothing to promote this board in a positive way.

I'll disagree.

I don't think the pro-Christie camp give or take any more abuse than those against C.C.

I would also say that I feel the members of this Messageboard are much, much less abusive to each other than practically any other football forums that I've viewed.

fortunately, we live in a democracy where everybody's opinion should be heard and the biggest problem on this board is the narrow minded, blinkered attitude that some posters adopt, when anyone dares to question the ability of the present manager.  If you want only posts that support your own opinion then this would not be representative of what other fans feel, if they are paying their money to watch dross week in and week out then they are entitled to have their say.

If hearing an opinion other than yours is so upsetting, then split the forum into 2 so that like minded fans can have discussions with out having to put up with the drivel spouted by the likes of "immortal howden ender" who does nothing to promote this board in a positive way.

I read that and all I hear is "You don't agree with me so I'm going to throw my toys out of the pram"...exactly what you are accusing those who disagree with you of doing.

Discussion is a two way street where people make their point, back it up with evidence and acknowledge (wether you agree or disagree with) the points of others.

If you want a proper discussion then make your point properly and don't just fill the forum up with post of "CC should be sacked"....just because you shout louder and more often doesn't make your point any more valid.

So says someone who's only contribution to the debate is the drivel above.

That's a very good point well made, but not all of Christies critics are petty pedants. The problem is that he keeps making the same mistakes week in week out. Form players left on the bench, long balls to Bayne and Dargo, Dargo humiliatingly hooked with 15 minutes left, Mcallister and McSwegan chosen before Wyness etc.

If you read my post again you will see that is exactly the point I am raising.  When a person finds themselves in a no win situation they are reluctant to make changes for fear of further persecution, be it consciously or not.  They start to feel they can do no right so they stop trying.

Crownjaggie:

'Defence is playing ok but the whole team seems to be scared of the ball and of making mistakes and are getting rid of the ball as rapidly as possible to whatever coloured jersey.'

Have to disagree a wee bit, the defence is shipping goals, last 5 games we have averaged 2 a game, this is not very good as we can only score about 1 a game, this could be down to confidence again, but to me Rossco and Hastings are not playing as good as they should be.

Seems to me we lose goals from crosses, which is the full backs job to prevent, and it aint happening.

quote =Get_off_the_park_

"Form players left on the bench,.........." 

How on earth are we armchair managers able to assess who is a form player and who is not!

Surely this is the weak link in postings of the above kind - they assert facts that can not be proved or disproved.

I would contend that CC is in a better position, having trained his players for the previous week, to know who is the form players, who should be sitting on the bench and, indeed, who should be pulled from the field of play!

I will also, at this point, agree with the posting that praised the level of debate on here!

[quote

If you want a proper discussion then make your point properly and don't just fill the forum up with post of "CC should be sacked"....just because you shout louder and more often doesn't make your point any more valid.

Specky, you've really got me at a loss here. I personally am for Christie, certainly for the time being.

Now if someone is against him, I've got a tendancy to go into debate with he/she, and vice/versa.

Very rarely if at all, have I encountered anything other than relativley well mannered banter, I'm really struggling to see where you're problems stem from.

Bonzo, I can't make up my mind if you're a wind-up merchant or a Ross Co supporter (or both) but I just have to say: if you get behind the manager and the team, they will build on the good position (despite the recent run) in the remainder of the season.  I would have preferred a more experienced manager but Iam fully behind CC and am confident he will do well for us.

CaleyD, you hit the nail on the head with your earlier post, in particular your difficult work experiences - I've recently had few of those.  (BTW, I thought you were a postie not a drive).

Today is yesyedays future...........

Tomorrow never comes, cos when it's tomorrow, it's today...........

Lets wipe the slate clean and start with a good performance against Killie.

Remember, theres always Dunfermline.