FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

squeeky bum time

bishbashbosh

Hibs losing today means thats us now mathematically safe as only one of Hibs/Pars can overtake us now !

You're wrong I'm afraid,

If Dunfermline win all 3 games they will have one point more than we currently have.

If Hibs lose to Dunfermline and win their other 2 games they will have one more point than we currently have.

If we lose our remaining 3 games we will still have the same amount of points as we currently have.

That is the only combination that will see us down barring some freakish scorelines to change the goal difference.

If my bum is squeeking it is not because of ICT's plight, it is because of the plight of my English team - Villa. Having taken Birmingham from mid season safety to relegation last season, McLeish seems determined to do the same for Villa this season.

DD, i know we are trapsing off topic a bit but i have to ask as a supporter whats your perception of Aston Villa's plight? Who do you think is to blame for it?

DD, i know we are trapsing off topic a bit but i have to ask as a supporter whats your perception of Aston Villa's plight? Who do you think is to blame for it?

To be honest, I have not been following all the machinations behind the scenes - just don't have the time. But over the last 2 or 3 years they have had and sold most of England's midfield with Young, Downing, Milner and Barry and basically replaced them with youngsters from what has always been a good youth set up. Randy Lerner seems to have not put the level of funds into the club that were expected and has appointed a manager who adopts a playing style which is not popular with the fans. I am not a fan of McLeish but to fair to him, he's not had a lot to work with. Blame has to lie with Lerner and Board.

Yeah i would agree with that. There was no stopping them losing all those guys but £25 mill for Milner, £20 ill for Downing, £18 mill for Young? Lerner should have invested that in the squad.

Remember though that O'Neil had spent a lot getting these guys in in the first place and some were on incredible wages. The transfer fees were partly used to help balance the books.

Thats true. But even still if Lerner is wondering why theyve suddenly gone from top 6 to relegation strugglers there is one massively obvious reason. Though some of their young players like Bannan and Weimann look decent.

There seems to be a real air from some of the squad that they think the season is already over - taking a "it's nearly summer holidays time, lets kick a ball around" kind of attitude.  Some are worse for it than others, particularly those non-Scottish players who were signed last pre-season (I'm looking at you Tansey...).  Attitudes like that from the players and management will lead to doom.  We are NOT too good to go down.

There seems to be a real air from some of the squad that they think the season is already over - taking a "it's nearly summer holidays time, lets kick a ball around" kind of attitude. Some are worse for it than others, particularly those non-Scottish players who were signed last pre-season (I'm looking at you Tansey...). Attitudes like that from the players and management will lead to doom. We are NOT too good to go down.

hahahaha no kidding! Infact we almost deserve to go down on this seasons performances.

There seems to be a real air from some of the squad that they think the season is already over - taking a "it's nearly summer holidays time, lets kick a ball around" kind of attitude. Some are worse for it than others, particularly those non-Scottish players who were signed last pre-season (I'm looking at you Tansey...). Attitudes like that from the players and management will lead to doom. We are NOT too good to go down.

hahahaha no kidding! Infact we almost deserve to go down on this seasons performances.

With the recent turnaround in DAFC's performances I'd say we were the worst team in the division and have to agree we probably do deserve to go down .

With the recent turnaround in DAFC's performances I'd say we were the worst team in the division and have to agree we probably do deserve to go down .

Cant agree with your so called turnaround. They've won one and drawn three in last ten games. Exactly the same as we have done. What we need to do is match them starting with a draw on wed night.

cant agree with the post saying we deserve to go down.

hibs and dunfermline have one 1 game each at home this season. thats relegation form.

when we went down we were probably one of the best teams to go down. we went down in the crulest manner. through rossco getting sent off and through michael higdons ass. imo we are still recovering from that. we lost alot of money and players because of higdons ass. not fair.

• Agree 1

It's been a long and tiring season. One that has seen alot of effort and endeavour go unrewarded and i think its taken a heavy strain on both us the fans and the team. Yes it can be argued that the team haven't produced but i refute claims that we are the worst side in the league. If we had been consistently beaten because of poor performances all season then i would have conformed to those claims. But it can be argued that luck has just not been on our side this season in terms of being on the right side of results. Saturday was a prime example.

Performances recently have been very poor yes, but i dont think its the lacklustre attitude of wanting holidays. I think the players just want the season to end and put what has been a very disrupted and at times demoralising campaign out of their minds.

I think we will probably be OK. Its asking a lot for Dunfermline to win all 3 and Hibs to win 2 out of 3 (including beating us), the only combination that could relegate us if we also lose to Midden. But then again I thought we'd done all the hard work in 2009 with 3 games to go, only for Butcher to mess about with the defence (dropping Esson, Tokeley played out of position etc), and we all know what happened. Butcher still doesn't seem to know what his best defence is (or the rest of the team for that matter), so I wonder what surprises he might have in store.

However I'm trying to remain optimistic.

I think we will probably be OK. Its asking a lot for Dunfermline to win all 3 and Hibs to win 2 out of 3 (including beating us), the only combination that could relegate us if we also lose to Midden. But then again I thought we'd done all the hard work in 2009 with 3 games to go, only for Butcher to mess about with the defence (dropping Esson, Tokeley played out of position etc), and we all know what happened. Butcher still doesn't seem to know what his best defence is (or the rest of the team for that matter), so I wonder what surprises he might have in store.

However I'm trying to remain optimistic.

Esson was injured.