FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

TOP OF THE LEAGUE ?

You can almost excuse younger players for acts of stupidity like that of the OTJ and Foran red cards however from experienced players you just can't. I don't mind players getting stuck in and showing a bit of heart and desire but both were bourne out of frustration and anger.

It's definately something that TB needs to work on with the players, we can go on about officials and how it was/wasn't a yellow/red card but players especially experienced ones should know better and should be able to read the ref that is on show and know what he is potentially going to punish.

Sure....but do we need 101 threads about it? All from the same bunch of people who seem to be so concerned about finding things to snipe about that they're showing next to no appreciation for the good stuff.

There's 11+ players who represent us in each match....where's all the threads praising the performance of the rest of the team?

Fully expect the..."well these players are overshadowing the performance of the rest....blah blah blah"...but that's bs and only the case if people make it that way.

• Agree 1

What a feckin erse licking happy clapper you have become Don !!

My posts this season have been ultra positive but realistic. My opening post did have a flavour of sarcasm about it - as ever - but there really is a very important "lesson to be learnt" as well - which I have no doubt that TB will be ramming down the throats of the dressing room and firing a severe warning. Basically two of our most experienced,seasoned professionals have erred and let the whole team down and potentially have cost us FOUR feckin points.

This has to be sorted out and quickly as we simply do not have a squad to deal with suspensions. So get off yer high feckin rockin horse and smell the feckin coffee.

• Agree 1

How many games is OTJ out for?

2 games. Heard someone say that on saturday

Don't know if this is common knowledge but you can get all that info on the SFA website including non-League football.

My posts this season have been ultra positive but realistic. My opening post did have a flavour of sarcasm about it - as ever - but there really is a very important "lesson to be learnt" as well - which I have no doubt that TB will be ramming down the throats of the dressing room and firing a severe warning. Basically two of our most experienced,seasoned professionals have erred and let the whole team down and potentially have cost us FOUR feckin points.

This has to be sorted out and quickly as we simply do not have a squad to deal with suspensions. So get off yer high feckin rockin horse and smell the feckin coffee.

And what do you think you gain from saying the same thing over and over again? You can't post ANYTHING these days without closing with a swipe at someone.

We're 3 games in to a new campaign, a campaign a few people had written off before a ball was even kicked because in their eyes no signing Butcher was ever going to make would be good enough....and/or he's never going to be good enough. Instead of admitting that they might have got it wrong, or that it's not as bad as they claimed it would be, they choose instead to latch on to any and every problem/glitch as if it somehow justifies their previous stance.....and you reckon Butcher is the Narcissist?

IMO, your BS and negativity does nothing but act as a magnet for further BS and negativity....and that has driven away many of the best contributors to this site. Anyone who disagrees with you or challenges you is shot down with accusations that they are just a "happy clapper" or they somehow don't have the brain power, wherewithal or mental aptitude to be taken serious....if not that then you fall back on the tired old "it was sarcasm", "you took the bait" lines.

We're not Man Utd, Barcelona or any such team, and that means our players aren't the best in the world and we have a manager who isn't perfect....get over it because it's not going to change any time soon. In fact, get over it because for a City the size of Inverness, with a club that has the resources we have, then we're actually doing not to badly....and that deserves far more praise than it does criticism.

Nobody is asking that anyone ignore things that go wrong, but reading these forums at times would make you think that nothing was going right. To read these forums the last couple of weeks you wouldn't think that ICT were playing some of the most entertaining football we've seen for a long time. Some of the squad must be wondering what they have to do to please the fans when they get little more than a passing mention on the matchday thread whilst one moment of madness/stupidity (call it what you will) gets so much attention. Heck, even when someone does try to start a conversation that's a bit more positive, along you come to chit on their parade.

If wanting to start of the season in positive mood, behind the team and trying to do my bit to spur them on and give them credit for the good stuff makes me an "erse licking happy clapper", then send me the t-shirt and I'll wear it with pride.

• Agree 3

I am picking up a general feel good factor from contributors to the forum this season. In general people like what they see but they are not going to go on and on about it. The nature of a forum is to discuss things which are controversial and hopefully we can do so in a way which can be both humerous and respectful. If anyone does not like the way particular folk contribute then they don't have to read their posts.

In football as in other things, the way to guarantee medioctity is to focus on praising the good and to brush aside the bad. The way to success is to acknowledge and praise the good but to focus on the bad and to try and eliminate it. You can be sure that the coaches of all the medalists for team GB did just that. You don't improve unless you understand what is not 100% and then work to improve on it. I would hope and expect that if we were top of the league we would still have people on this forum criticising certain things and making suggestions for improvement. I would however be very disappointed if they did not also recognise it was brilliant to actually be top of ther league.

This season has stated with some promising displays and a change of style. There is a lot to be optimistic about but let's be honest, the big talking point has to be the sendings off of 2 of our most experienced midfielders and I really fail to see how discussing that can be called negative.

• Agree 2

I never said discussing it was negative. However it is a negative issue which is being compounded by a few, and to the detriment of all the good stuff which is being forced aside by these people hijacking every topic with the same thing and/or finding 101 ways to post a new thread about it.

All for discussing the problems and how we think they might be rectified....but the fact that it is used to fuel ongoing and unhealthy campaigns against individuals is in no way, shape or form healthy...not healthy for the team, not healthy for the club and not healthy for the forum.

What's especially annoying is when these people have received personal invites from the club to go and provide a more direct input and they have ignored them, choosing instead to continue spouting on the forums and claiming nobody is listening.

May I merely point out a few things here please. Initially the insertion of provocative negativity on this specific thread was made by a certain CaleyD. The only apparent intent was to dismiss rather than debate and to antagonise in a personal sense. I actually believe that I too have taken on a bit of a "happy clapper" role this season nad have attempted, as ever, to say it as I see it and there have been considerably more positive rather than negative retorts on here.

But we as a team will have to keep an eye on Midden and St Johns Town as they are keeping up with us :lol: :lol:

I am so glad that I havent scared away Doofers Dad !!

And what do you think you gain from saying the same thing over and over again? You can't post ANYTHING these days without closing with a swipe at someone.

We're 3 games in to a new campaign, a campaign a few people had written off before a ball was even kicked because in their eyes no signing Butcher was ever going to make would be good enough....and/or he's never going to be good enough. Instead of admitting that they might have got it wrong, or that it's not as bad as they claimed it would be, they choose instead to latch on to any and every problem/glitch as if it somehow justifies their previous stance.....and you reckon Butcher is the Narcissist?

IMO, your BS and negativity does nothing but act as a magnet for further BS and negativity....and that has driven away many of the best contributors to this site. Anyone who disagrees with you or challenges you is shot down with accusations that they are just a "happy clapper" or they somehow don't have the brain power, wherewithal or mental aptitude to be taken serious....if not that then you fall back on the tired old "it was sarcasm", "you took the bait" lines.

We're not Man Utd, Barcelona or any such team, and that means our players aren't the best in the world and we have a manager who isn't perfect....get over it because it's not going to change any time soon. In fact, get over it because for a City the size of Inverness, with a club that has the resources we have, then we're actually doing not to badly....and that deserves far more praise than it does criticism.

Nobody is asking that anyone ignore things that go wrong, but reading these forums at times would make you think that nothing was going right. To read these forums the last couple of weeks you wouldn't think that ICT were playing some of the most entertaining football we've seen for a long time. Some of the squad must be wondering what they have to do to please the fans when they get little more than a passing mention on the matchday thread whilst one moment of madness/stupidity (call it what you will) gets so much attention. Heck, even when someone does try to start a conversation that's a bit more positive, along you come to chit on their parade.

If wanting to start of the season in positive mood, behind the team and trying to do my bit to spur them on and give them credit for the good stuff makes me an "erse licking happy clapper", then send me the t-shirt and I'll wear it with pride.

I am more surprised that anyone takes IHE seriously enough to leave the site because of his comments

All I can grumble about is why does he not bring back HMS Sneck.

Preparing that fine vessel for the battle, and revelling in it's subsequent triumphs brought about by it's doughty and skilful crew, was a great motivator . Why is it still in dry dock then? . Probably the cost of repairs...eh? :tongue:

Well I am just cruising the Canaries on the HMS Sneck - using it as a tourist attraction in Mogan Harbour and making a few spondoolicks and quaffing loads of Sangria. Gordie is spot on as many probably ignore ma haverings or dont share ma sense of humour - although may "likes" since the departure of the red dots do. The problem with poor old IHE is that some peeple do not appreaciate reality and criticism and attempt to be draconian or schoolmasterish and IHE responds in the only manner he knows and usually still manages to catch a few big fish in the process '- even when, as on threads like this, his initial aim was to bring about some serious discussion and debate. :smile:

Johndo, better be careful there, slippery slope and all that, you're talking about yourself in the 3rd person...

Anyway I think that writing style has already been copyrighted by another wise old cove on here. Is this what happens with age?