News
    There is no UNITY without COMM-UNITY : Please sign the petition at change.org CLICK HERE ///---///\\\---\\\ JOIN the Supporters Trust : We need Supporter #TogetherNESS more than ever and to speak with one voice. Join the Trust today CLICK HERE ///---///\\\---\\\

Contract Situation

Sneckboy

Signed up until the end of season 2016-17:

• Gary Warren

• Richie Foran

• Greg Tansey

Signed up until the end of next season (2015-16):

• John Hughes - Manager

• Russell Latapy - Assistant Manager

• Dean Brill

• Aaron Doran

• Danny Williams

• Ryan Esson

• Ryan Christie

• Carl Tremarco

• Ross Draper

• James Vincent

Signed up until the end of this season (2014-15):

• Daniel Devine

• Graeme Shinnie

• Nick Ross

• Marley Watkins

• David Raven

• Josh Meekings

• Billy McKay

• Liam Polworth

• Lewis Horner 

• Jaime Wilson (Development Squad) 

• Kane Hull (Development Squad) 

• Jason Brown (Development Squad) 

• Struan McArthur (Development Squad) 

• Blair MacLennan (Development Squad) 

• Calum Howarth (Development Squad)

• Chris Brown (Development Squad) 

• Ali Sutherland (Development Squad)

• Stephen Rennie (Development Squad) 

• Cammy Mackay (goalkeeper) (Development Squad)

• Chris Blackett (Development Squad) 

• Daniel Hoban (goalkeeper) (Development Squad) 

• Calum Ferguson (Development Squad)

• Ryan Baptie (Development Squad)

Signed up until January 2015

• Ibra Sekajja

Nick and Liam do not need to leave. They are in the same situation as Danny Devine. There are players currently playing better than them in the first team. Ryan Christie has only recently become a fairly regular first team player. Injuries, suspensions creating opportunities and improved substitute or other appearances can change a player's career. Moving is another option but not all moves are successful as we are well aware.

As there seems to be some talk that Meekings is close to re-signing, that leaves potentially at the start of next season with a starting line-up of this:

Brill

Vincent Warren Meekings Tremarco

Tansey Draper

Doran Christie Williams

Foran

Sub(s) - Esson

Seemingly Vincent can play at right-back and as a starting XI, it's alright but we'd need some reinforcements.  At least two new strikes, a centre-back, an attacking midfielder and two new full-backs either side would be musts.

It's a forgone conclusion that Shinnie will be away and I think Watkins and Ross will be away as well.  I did see somewhere someone saying that Mckay is actually keen to stay now.  I'd expect Raven to stick around and probably Devine.  Can see Polworth and Horner being released though.

Seen this link today about the players that are out of contract in the summer: http://sport.stv.tv/football/304680-the-133-premiership-players-out-of-contract-at-end-of-the-season/

A few on that list I wouldn't mind taking here: Keith Watson (Dundee United), Bob McHugh (Motherwell), Nicky Low (Aberdeen) and Kallum Higgenbotham (Partick Thistle)

Granted wages would be an issue but some not bad replacements out there if a few decide to go to pastures new.

Nikcy Low is average at best though I am mindful I said something similar about Flood and he turned into a great player for Aberdeen albeit slightly off form this season.

Higgenbotham would be a superb addition to the team. I think he's a smashing player although perhaps not always on good form. I wouldn't say no if we had the chance to sign him up.

Nikcy Low is average at best though I am mindful I said something similar about Flood and he turned into a great player for Aberdeen albeit slightly off form this season.

Higgenbotham would be a superb addition to the team. I think he's a smashing player although perhaps not always on good form. I wouldn't say no if we had the chance to sign him up.

I've watched Nicky Low in a couple a few seasons back in U20 games vs us and I thought he was pretty good when seeing him. He also made an appearance in the cup final vs us and scored one of the penalties. He is only 23, so lot of time to learn and I think we could make him a decent player if we were given the chance to sign him.

Higgenbotham is a very skilful player and I think he could be a direct replacement should Watkins leave but just comes down to finances.

Had a feeling he wouldn't get kept on - I only saw him for a grand total of about 5 minutes in two late sub appearances so can't judge him too much. But his lack of game time suggests he maybe wasn't quite up to standard. Still, nothing lost and the short-term deal was correct rather than a contract to the end of season.

That now leaves us with a first team squad of 20 players - 11 of whom are signed up until, at least, the end of next season.

Signed up until the end of season 2016-17:

• Gary Warren

• Richie Foran

• Greg Tansey

Signed up until the end of next season (2015-16):

• John Hughes - Manager

• Russell Latapy - Assistant Manager

• Dean Brill

• Aaron Doran

• Danny Williams

• Ryan Esson

• Ryan Christie

• Carl Tremarco

• Ross Draper

• James Vincent

Signed up until the end of this season (2014-15):

• Daniel Devine

• Graeme Shinnie

• Nick Ross

• Marley Watkins

• David Raven

• Josh Meekings

• Billy McKay

• Liam Polworth

• Lewis Horner 

• Jaime Wilson (Development Squad) 

• Kane Hull (Development Squad) 

• Jason Brown (Development Squad) 

• Struan McArthur (Development Squad) 

• Blair MacLennan (Development Squad) 

• Calum Howarth (Development Squad)

• Chris Brown (Development Squad) 

• Ali Sutherland (Development Squad)

• Stephen Rennie (Development Squad) 

• Cammy Mackay (goalkeeper) (Development Squad)

• Chris Blackett (Development Squad) 

• Daniel Hoban (goalkeeper) (Development Squad) 

• Calum Ferguson (Development Squad)

• Ryan Baptie (Development Squad)

What does 'reportedly' mean? I assume Twitter?! Not a 'source'. 

However, RiG, doesn't post to sensationalise, so it has to have some credence. Worrying, if true.  

Raven is reportedly saying that he hasn't been offered a deal yet.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30734788?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Defender Raven is adamant that he wants to stay but says he has not yet been offered new terms.

And he is urging team-mates to think carefully before making any decision to move on.

"I want to stay here, I'm settled," said Raven. "I've been about now and the lads will get their heads tuned by certain different clubs.

"This is the best changing room I've ever been in and the most enjoyable time I've had in my football career.

"It's not the biggest club I've ever played for but I'll look back on my career and this will be the big highlight for me, playing in cup finals and things like that.

"Sometimes when you're on to a good thing just keep it going."

Cheers Renegade - that's what I was reading earlier.

There is no direct quote from Raven saying he hasn't been offered a deal (hence the reportedly comment earlier) but that seems to be the angle put on the story by the BBC. However, what he has been quoted as saying is encouraging.

Edited by RiG
  • Agree 1