FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Davide Xausa

clacher_holiday2

just thiking abou these stupid internationals.  it mustve been about 6-7 years ago last time i visited these canadian pages and that was to find out how the above was getting on

where did he go before he presumably retired?

he used to be our best player

Best player? Aye, for about ten minutes every third game! :003:

I recall that he had a phase of tremendous form that persuaded me to go to games that I otherwise wouldn't have. A joy to watch, when at his best.

This was probably the same period of form that got him a move to the "First Division Select" team that Livi assembled that year.

Flashes of brilliance surrounded by periods of inactivity and laziness .... a joy to watch when on his game but frustrating when he couldnt be @rsed .....

here's a few 'memories' (courtesy of some old pictures I have that were supplied by Gordon Gillespie, Mantis and others)

[attach=1]

[attach=2]

[attach=3]

[attach=4]

[attach=5]

My mate used to call him 'a poor man's Mark Viduka' and to be fair I couldn't really disagree.  Although Paul Ritchie was a cracking player and Bayne is starting to live up to expectation this season, Xausa was argueably the best target man we had and he wasn't too sloppy with the ball at his feet either.  Was gutted when he left for Livi

I don't think I ever remember an ICT player who divided opinion more than DX.  I liked him as he had something a bit special about him that could turn a game.  Very skillful and dangerous on those occasions when he would drift into the game.