Kelty/ Is this a joke - merged thread

Taking a side step so to speak the Great Willie Rennie is from Kelty. 
Is it worth targeting him with our concerns especially when he is busy canvassing as he’s desperate for votes. 
Inverness Kelty Thistle sounds so wrong on so many levels.

Willie get Gardiner and Morrison telt ya Ken eh!!!

Dougal

image.png.a0a7521906988a18ae6610a285399b74.png

7 minutes ago, dougal said:

Taking a side step so to speak the Great Willie Rennie is from Kelty. 
Is it worth targeting him with our concerns especially when he is busy canvassing as he’s desperate for votes. 
Inverness Kelty Thistle sounds so wrong on so many levels.

Willie get Gardiner and Morrison telt ya Ken eh!!!

Dougal

image.png.a0a7521906988a18ae6610a285399b74.png

'Great' Willie Rennie? 😆😆😆

34 minutes ago, dougiedanger said:

Would Morrison tolerate such ineptitude in his other businesses?

if not, why is he letting it destroy this business!

I'm guessing that our losses are pretty colossal by now, and like any gambler who maybe should've walked away from the table at 10pm slightly down , Morrison has been handing over his car keys and his house keys, pension fund, his in-laws house keys etc. Its 3am and still his mate Scot is willing him on from the back of the room even though he's not got a dime on the table. Just one more spin, your luck is about to turn, come on , stay in the game!

He needs to get up and walk now. Then Gardiner will be on his own, and he will follow.

• Like 3
  • Agree 7

2 hours ago, Yngwie said:

With experience of working on a squad of full time professional sportsmen? I would imagine a pro football club would ideally want someone who has done that before, but maybe I’m completely wrong.

Well for almost 30 years we managed? We even won a Scottish Cup with them 

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

Read the Morrison Q&A on P&B (thanks Chris) and as ymip Jr pointed out he came across as defensive and more aggressive than he needed to be. Absolutely no attempt to strike a conciliatory tone or concede in any way to the tidal wave of rage and bad press ge's brought upon hmself.

His defence of Gardiner is as infuriating as it is baffling. He clearly wants out but he wants to recoup his money.  I woukd suggest that ship sailed some time ago.

A good start in terms of filling the financial void would surely be to jettison Messrs Gardiner and Ferguson. It's hardly rocket science.

• Like 2
  • Well Said 1

1 minute ago, ymip said:

Read the Morrison Q&A on P&B (thanks Chris) and as ymip Jr pointed out he came across as defensive and more aggressive than he needed to be. Absolutely no attempt to strike a conciliatory tone or concede in any way to the tidal wave of rage and bad press ge's brought upon hmself.

His defence of Gardiner is as infuriating as it is baffling. He clearly wants out but he wants to recoup his money.  I woukd suggest that ship sailed some time ago.

A good start in terms of filling the financial void would surely be to jettison Messrs Gardiner and Ferguson. It's hardly rocket science.

There must be skeletons in the cupboard we don't know about? It's the only rational explanation for Gardiner still being there? 

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

Well for almost 30 years we managed? We even won a Scottish Cup with them 

I’m merely suggesting that the club probably recruited a candidate from further afield because he had something to offer that local applicants didn’t? Can’t think why else they would choose to incur additional cost if it didn’t bring some sort of benefit. On a similar subject, I presume our Head of Medical must have been relocated up here too - think he was at a couple football clubs down south previously IIRC.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Mantis said:

They train at the Oriam (Heriot-Watt Uni) which is about 70 miles.

Didn’t know that, I always assumed they would train in Dundee ie the nearest city. It kinda sounds like have a bit of a Kelty style model then as I don’t imagine many of their players live in Arbroath. They must be doing something right with the community aspect, I’ve always had the impression that their fans have a connection with the players.

2 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Didn’t know that, I always assumed they would train in Dundee ie the nearest city. It kinda sounds like have a bit of a Kelty style model then as I don’t imagine many of their players live in Arbroath. They must be doing something right with the community aspect, I’ve always had the impression that their fans have a connection with the players.

Can't quite remember, but this may have come about in the past year, as a couple of their local players (Bobby the Binman being one) retired.

2 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

Can't quite remember, but this may have come about in the past year, as a couple of their local players (Bobby the Binman being one) retired.

Another of the Angus clubs, cannae mind which, think it might be Brechin rather than Forfar, trains in Perth rather than Dundee - again wanting to draw upon the central belt for players.

20 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

I’m merely suggesting that the club probably recruited a candidate from further afield because he had something to offer that local applicants didn’t? Can’t think why else they would choose to incur additional cost if it didn’t bring some sort of benefit. On a similar subject, I presume our Head of Medical must have been relocated up here too - think he was at a couple football clubs down south previously IIRC.

Head of Medical seems sensible to recruit far and wide? I just think they should pay their own housing costs 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mee said:

Looks like Reporting Scotland has a piece on the meeting. Wonder if they'll have a shot of the banner on the stadium door this morning?

MEE RETURNS!!!!    😀

• Thank You 1

32 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Another of the Angus clubs, cannae mind which, think it might be Brechin rather than Forfar, trains in Perth rather than Dundee - again wanting to draw upon the central belt for players.

Just a short, easy hop down the road to both compared to the deranged plan we’ve been presented with - can’t imagine training in either location would have generated the shock, betrayal and anger that we’re currently feeling.

• Agree 2

I’m away on business so missing the meeting tonight, which I hope is going well.

The Chairman and Board want inspiration. They could learn from this:

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/24349534.north-lanarkshire-based-football-club-receive-american-investment/ 

With our location and heritage, we should have much greater appeal than a Lanarkshire club to overseas romantics.

But, as Scotty has so eloquently outlined above, it’s not the CEO’s idea so……

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Robert said:

I’m away on business so missing the meeting tonight, which I hope is going well.

The Chairman and Board want inspiration. They could learn from this:

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/24349534.north-lanarkshire-based-football-club-receive-american-investment/ 

With our location and heritage, we should have much greater appeal than a Lanarkshire club to overseas romantics.

But, as Scotty has so eloquently outlined above, it’s not the CEO’s idea so……

We're burning through that in less than a season. We need to reduce our overspend massively,  not fund it.

• Like 2

I’m absolutely not an expert… but from Companies House it looks like Morrison (and also Morrison and Gordon Munro on shares) is a secured creditor on the money he has lent to the club.

Folks that know more about this stuff than me please correct if I’m wrong, but does this not mean that were ICT to go into admin, only Morrison (and the RBS) would be the ones getting their money back (or a % anyway) from the sale of any assets…? Something that no other Chairman seems to have felt the need to do?

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/SC149117/charges

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Scott Gardiner Q+A

Q+A with Gardiner not long after he got the job.

An example of one of the questions and his response: -

What would your enemies say about you?

I always liked a quote that I thought was from Sir Winston Churchill but it turns out it was from the great writer Victor Hugo: “You have enemies? Why, it is the story of every man who has done a great deed or created a new idea. Do not bother yourself about it; disdain.” So in short, I couldn’t care less. Disdain is good.

Edited by johnnykipper
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, caley1 said:

Ross Morrison says today moving to Kelty would save the club 300-400k 

Ditching Gardiner 100k 

Ditching Ferguson 300k

Not rocket science is it 

Trouble is you still need a manager and still need someone to run the club, so it would be a case of saving a good proportion of those costs rather than all of it.

And you probably need to find something like £150k to pay them off? I think that’d use up the vast majority of our season ticket revenue.

Edited by Yngwie

26 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Trouble is you still need a manager and still need someone to run the club, so it would be a case of saving a good proportion of those costs rather than all of it.

And you probably need to find something like £150k to pay them off? I think that’d use up the vast majority of our season ticket revenue.

Doubt there will be much revenue there at this rate 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

The club's lack of transparency means that it is very difficulty to challenge any figures they produce.  As you rightly point out, if you get rid of somebody who is doing a poor job, you then have to replace them.  In relation to Board members and especially the Chairman, anyone potentially willing to take over from Morrison at the helm will want to see the full detail of the financial position and the projections for any options for the future.  It is not easy.  Often, the greater the need for change, the less likely it is that there will be someone willing to take over. And boy, do we need change!

• Like 1
  • Well Said 1