FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Congratulations Rory!

Hiro

I see our much maligned youngster has made it into the Scotland under 21 squad. Although he has yet to convince me of his ability I think its tremendous news. For too long our players have been overlooked for international honours and I think its a great achievement for the boy. Something that may give him a confidence boost and kickstart his season.

Full Squad

Goalkeepers

Jamie MacDonald (Heart of Midlothian)

Andy McNeil (Hibernian)

Chris Smith (St Mirren)

Defenders

Andrew Considine (Aberdeen)

Kevin McCann (Hibernian)

Ryan O?Leary (Kilmarnock)

Mark Reynolds (Motherwell)

Lee Wallace (Heart of Midlothian)

Midfield

Marc Fitzpatrick (Motherwell)

Jamie Hamill (Kilmarnock)

Charlie Mulgrew (Wolverhampton W)

Rocco Quinn (Celtic)

David Robertson (Dundee United)

Lewis Stevenson (Hibernian)

Forwards

Ross Campbell (Hibernian)

Calum Elliot (Heart of Midlothian)

Steven Fletcher (Hibernian)

Rory McAllister (Inverness CT)

Ross McCormack (Motherwell)

Steven Naismith (Kilmarnock)

Guest TinCanFan

Have to agree and it may give his career boost.  But where is Sutherland?  Surely he's good enough for the team aswell.

Well done Rory. Obviously someone sees more in you than some of the ICT fans do.

And, in case it has been missed by most, a big well done to Dale Gillespie, Jamie Duff and Stuart Leslie who are all included in Scotland U-19 training camp at Stirling this week.

Aye well done Rory. Might be just what he needs.

Xander was in the squad last time and should be again imo, experience or not he's extremely talented and should be given his chance (both with us and with Scotland)  :003:

Guest WynessLegend

All based on one half decent game against Celtic last year.

This shows just how little the centralbelters know about ICT.

If this is based on ability, then Scotlnd's future looks desperately bleak.

Anyway, good luck Rory, play a blinder then hopefully someone will take you off our hands.

Well I'd rather listen to people with the opinions that count!

This lad is only 20.... yes 20!!  He could easily have another 20 years of development and you are all ready to cut your losses now?  He has got plenty of things to work on but obviously when he has worked with the National squad he has impressed and thus been re-called.  If you can't see it then fair enough but the attitude of some people on this board is disgraceful, yes everyone has a right to an opinion but with that comes responsibility.  I don't think there has been a player from another team that has received the abuse Rory has and yet he still steps on the pitch gives his all only to get the same cr@p the next day.  If I was him I would have packed my bags by now but he is obviously determined to prove himself and you lot seem more worried about him proving you wrong than giving him the support that any player who wears an ICT strip deserves.

Strewth

The lads not even played this week and he is still getting stick. If you can't comment and be happy for him don't bother leaving a comment on this thread. Theres already a thread slagging Rory off elsewhere. This thread is entitled congratulations, it's not another method of getting cowardly digs in again. He has not had the best of times in recent games but give him a break, somebody has belief in him.

six strikers in the squad and rory is probably the worst out of the six but lets a least give him a bit of credit. he's been a good player at reserve and youth level and has obviously impressed someone in our own management and around the scotland setup. people go on about our players not being recognised at international levels and when one does people question it.

Rory has probably been thrown into the first team to early and is yet to prove himself but at youth level he has proved to be a decent player. Saw him play for scotland U20's last season and he did not look out of place at all!!

Guest sophia

Very well done Rory.

Grasp the chance with all your might.

International call-ups for our players indeed!

The success story that is our club turns another page.

No point in calling for the witless criticism to cease.

Let them post and be hoist by their very own petards.

Anything which offers the glimpse of an opportunity for the lad to progress is welcome in my book, even if I don't think he should be in the ICT squad right now.

He may not be considered among the most talented at his age, but he must be one of the most experienced.  He certainly wouldn't have been given the opportunities we've given him anywhere else.

I'm happy to be proved wrong and I actually hope the lad goes out there, bangs in a goal or two and gives us all the two fingers.