Warnock

Ritchie Sacramento

ds- hello mr warnock old pal, not seen you in a while, hows it going.?

nw- not bad dave, i take it you got my application?

ds-erm, well yes, about that.grassa was meant to talk to you before now but he's actually offered the job to his old buddy brewster.thing is  its gone down like a fart in a submarine and was wondering if you you do me a favour and say you didnt want the job after all.by the way how are you liking my place in dunoon?

nw-its lovely ta dave, and yeah im with you, no probs, speak to you in january?

ds- absolutely , bye for now

:001:

Guest TinCanFan

If Warnock said he was not a candidate then why did the board say he was?  That makes no sense to me at all and it just shows how influencial the media is. 

DS - Hiya Neil. I am going to ask you a question and I would like you to say NO. This will save our board a lot of embarrasment becos then we can honestly say that we asked you and give the job to Craig Brewster as we promised him three months ago.

NW - Feck aff.

DS - Thanks Neil (hangs up) - Done and dusted Alan.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

We will never know the truth....or should I say....we will never be told the truth.

One thing is certain, and that's that this whole thing stinks.

I would swear on my own life and the life of all those close to me that during the meeting the other night that I heard Alan Savage say that Warnock had thrown his hat in the ring by applying.  Only one paper picked up on it and I can only imagine that AS must have been quick to cover up the statement in his post meeting interviews with the rest of the press when more wasn't made of the fact.

Aside from all the obvious lies that have been told of late, this is just another in a long list of PR balls ups by ICT and another glaringly obvious display of the total contempt they have for the fans of this club.

I'm not surprised Warnock wants to distance himself from this shambles.  It wouldn't surprise me if Brewster was the only realistic option...if I was a manager or hopeful of making this my first step into management then I too would have taken one look at what was going on here and avoided it like the plague.

Forget Brewster's stats and the IF's and BUT's and doom and gloom stories of how bad he may or may not be.  That's not where the damage has been done.

I am angry about the way it's been handled, of that I have no doubt.  I also thought I was a little angry at the fact it was Brewster, but with this news I have realised that if I'm honest then I'm not really.  I am a little concerned about his managerial record at Dundee Utd, but if I protest in any way it will not be direct at Brewster himself.

I just hope that everybody has learned a little something about the way our club is run from this experience.

From The Guardian:

The Highland club's director of football, Graeme Bennett, spoke with Lennon's representative, Martin Reilly, regarding his strong interest in the 36-year-old and it is believed the former Northern Ireland international would have been willing to talk to Inverness officials if a financial package even approaching what he currently earns was on offer.

Is this just more media spin? Impossible to know any more. I can only hope that when Brewster is unveiled that the Board make a comment about who was actually considered, who was actually interested, and the reasons why it looks (to the fans) as if there was a shortlist of one.

Wish I was going to the game, but unfortunately aren't  :009:

I won't be stepping foot inside the stadium until the club rids itself of the amateur mentality it has!!!

Another reason being that i would rather watch paint dry than watch Brewster's style of football

I could probably put up a list of top ten reasons not to go but i wont bother at the MOMENT!!

david proctor?  :015:

:rotflmao: see how easy it is to predict this shambles  :rotflmao:

Although to be fair to Proctor in all of this, it might acually be a good move if he plays RB and Tokely moves into a more central defence roll. :003: I think he's looking for a loan move and im sure a return to Inverness under Brewster he'd probably welcome.

Would Brewster have a clue though  :015: