FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Sore throat

tm4tj

:019: I have got the mother of all sore throats, a real pea souper :019: never had one this sore ever, not even before I was born.  Managed a wee cough this morning...........yeeeuuggghhh, what lumps were coming out of me :010: at least something is shifting...............

anyone got good remedies for shifting these blights.

(don't you just hate all these smilies) :blah01:

Last time I crunched my way through a packet of strepsils, I ended up at the dentists....

... but are you not meant to suck strepsils rather than 'crunch' them???  :029:

I found just some mouthwash along with anadin worked. Mouthwash to clean the bacteria and anadin ibuprofin to reduce the pain and swelling.

and after you have tried all the remedies on here, get thyself to Raigmore for a stomach pumping .... it wont cure your sore throat, but it'sll definitely make you think of something else  :015:

I've tried everything, even sucked a fishermans friend, but to no avail, then just when you think your day will be spoiled by giving Celtic two defensively unclever goald, the best tonic ever, A great fightback two goal start, down tyo ten men and we stuff them, absolutely brilliant.  I'm not quite on top of the world, but that made me feel good.

Thanx for all the advice, got spray from the chemist last night and ibuprofen, but maybe the two bottles of red wine were the best painkiller yet. :021:

Calm down boys, all these double entendres are giving me a headache.

Just as well we gave Celtic a good licking, that should get you all back thinking on the straight and narrow.

Just out of interest which part was sore TMFTJ, was it the top part or deeper down your throat?

:019: everything

Throat red raw, top pallet at rear swollen and difficult to......should I say this word......swallow, night times are a nightmare unable to sleep with the soreness.

Help me, NHS 24 sent me to the chemist last night and the geezer gave me the dequa spray to numb my bits, works not too bad, see how it goes tonight without the wine sedatives.

:019: everything

Throat red raw, top pallet at rear swollen and difficult to......should I say this word......swallow, night times are a nightmare unable to sleep with the soreness.

Help me, NHS 24 sent me to the chemist last night and the geezer gave me the dequa spray to numb my bits, works not too bad, see how it goes tonight without the wine sedatives.

Must be a bad ane right enough Manny, ehv got ane now and i only talked to you on the phone  :crazy07:

Couldnae sort oot Lass4thejob as Skyreps had got there facts wrang so she's just gonna wait eh think  :007: