FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Ross Tokely

FortressICT

Generally wing backs are able to get back after they've made an attacking run.  Rosscoe is unfit, and deserves to be dropped until such a time that he can learn not to go forward unless he has the legs to get back in time to defend as well.

Simply not true: wing backs tend to have a defensive midfielder to back-fill for them when the attack gets turned over and the opposition hit on the break. With the purely attacking-holding midfield we play just now you're bound to get caught out now and then. Do you really believe Ross would be doing what he's doing and still getting a start if the manager had told him not to? If you see gaps in defence, you need to target your criticism a bit higher up the food chain, and take a pop at Brew for being too attack-minded... On ye go  :016:

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Generally wing backs are able to get back after they've made an attacking run.  Rosscoe is unfit, and deserves to be dropped until such a time that he can learn not to go forward unless he has the legs to get back in time to defend as well.

Simply not true: wing backs tend to have a defensive midfielder to back-fill for them when the attack gets turned over and the opposition hit on the break. With the purely attacking-holding midfield we play just now you're bound to get caught out now and then. Do you really believe Ross would be doing what he's doing and still getting a start if the manager had told him not to? If you see gaps in defence, you need to target your criticism a bit higher up the food chain, and take a pop at Brew for being too attack-minded... On ye go  :016:

I've highlighted the important part of my post there.  Take Hastings in that game as a prime example.  After tearing Gretna's defence a new ersehole, and narrowly missing a goal.  He got back in time enough, to be able to pick up who he was marking and be ready for the goal kick to be taken.  The same cannot be said for Tokely.  He was found out against Aberdeen and he'll be found out in games in the future.  Now is the time to drop him to the bench (Note I am not calling for his head) and used as a super sub for Cowie, or used as a centre back.

As for Brew, it looks like I'm one of the those people who will have to accept I may have been wrong to criticise his appointment and I have no intention of having a pop at him for encouraging attacking football.  It's just a pity he's not spotted this weak point in our team.

I've highlighted the important part of my post there.  Take Hastings in that game as a prime example.  After tearing Gretna's defence a new ersehole, and narrowly missing a goal.  He got back in time enough, to be able to pick up who he was marking and be ready for the goal kick to be taken.  The same cannot be said for Tokely.  He was found out against Aberdeen and he'll be found out in games in the future.  Now is the time to drop him to the bench (Note I am not calling for his head) and used as a super sub for Cowie, or used as a centre back.

As for Brew, it looks like I'm one of the those people who will have to accept I may have been wrong to criticise his appointment and I have no intention of having a pop at him for encouraging attacking football.  It's just a pity he's not spotted this weak point in our team.

And I've highlighted the important part of my post there: if Brew's happy to see that gap without a McBain dropping back to fill it, then so be it. He must know fine that Ross isn't going to get back in time, but he lets him carry on and still plays one holder and three attackers in midfield. Or perhaps Brew just has the ludicrous expectation that attacks might end in a goal, a corner, a goal kick or a throw, instead of us throwing everyone upfield and then losing the ball through sloppy passing - because that's what we're really talking about here. Either way, don't blame Ross.

Rosscoe misses Dods - Dods was totally defensive minded and used to almost totally gaurd Rosscoes moves forward - Tell me if I am wrong -  which I rarely am but have I not noted McGuire taking on that roll/position in recent games. Having said that Rosscoe knows that time is not on his side - I am reliably informed that this may be his last season at the top and he wants to go out in style.

I am reliably informed that this may be his last season at the top and he wants to go out in style.

You mean he's gonna shoot a striker instead of just kidney-punching him? Last Boy Scout eat yer heart out...

Guest sophia

Fair play to you PC23 for taking a slice of umble.

But would your grammar stand up in court?

Glad to see the debate has moved on a bit.

Oh for the shout of SB ? ?back back?

?Hope Ross does not head east, I would rather see him playing for a team that suits his name and to be a success there.

Cant see it Johndo. Peterhead are not doing enough to maintain full time players.

I agree with you on the Tokely / Dods analogy but would add to that Wilson. When Ross made his overlap runs Barry was always there to drop back. Cowie just doesn't do it.

:rotflmao:

• 2 weeks later...

I was all for giving Rossco another chance, but after today's game he can leave any time he wants. Man of the Match, what a joke. He was absolutely shocking.

He will probably get slaughtered for the miss but if you take that out of the equation he had a good game today

I'm with Bronson on this one.

every time we lose a game ... and sometimes when we win ... certain posters seem to need a scapegoat who must be expelled from the club or ridiculed to the max. it is getting quite boring, predictable and making them look quite silly.

I was actually able to wangle some limited coverage of today's game and thought Rosscoe looked decent enough. not wonderful, but certainly not the worst on the park. No-one covered themself in glory today but no-one is deserving of a lynch mob because we lost to an 89th minute goal from a team that should - on paper at least - be pumping us each time we meet.

Fair play theres going to be different people therefore different opinions but i've said for a while now he should not be starting for us.

He makes a slow amble forward to put in a poor cross if hes lucky, we lose the ball, counter attack, clumsy challenge - PK or FK needlessly given away . . . Aberdeen and Motherwell games are just 2 recent examples of this.

Thats my opinion and i dont see what harm there would be playing Proctor RB and Wilson on the wing . .  :024:

I have to say I believe your 17 years of inexperience is showing.  He was no stand out, as Black was for me MoM by a mile and three quarters, but he did what he had to, as did Proctor and Grantie.  The big mystery is who is Roy paying, because he contributed absolutely nothing.

Have we been watching a different Ross Tokely? As far as I could see (and the general mood of folk around me too was that), Ross was appaling. I can't believe people on here saying apart from the miss he had a good game. Every time he touched it, he conceded possession or blasted it out of play. Ross has well over 400 games for ICT, and unitl this season has been absolutely immense, but I think some people are just blinded by his past achievements, and aren't seeing that he's either a) Going through a very long bad patch, or b) past it.

I sincerely hope its a.

And absolutely agree that Roy contributed nothing today, but well done to Ikey and Proc who imo were outstanding  :clapping03: