FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Markus against Rangers

Guest macgint71

Guest macgint71

Sorry but I wasn't inspired what I saw yesterday. I will reserve total judgement until I see him playing on the right in a geme he starts but obviously Brew had the same concerns hence the reason he was hooked and I think he would have been taken off at half time if it wouldn't have battered the boys confidence.

I do like this guy, but maybe we would have been better starting with Barry yesterday then introducing Patti later in the game.  Tough game for him to come in to so soon after playing just a few minutes of football after recovering from injury.  He looks athletic and I firmly believe he will show up well once he beds in.

Guest macgint71

I think you 100% right lets get Baz in from the start and have Markus as his understudy coming on for him 65-70mins into the game where he has the legs to get thrown in. Barry can still do a job for us but not 90 and Markus could learn a great deal from him

I think anyone who saw the second half of the 3-0 win over Gretna, would have been very happy to see Markus on from the start.

He didn't get the best of service yesterday but he still did enough to suggest he is worth a decent run in the starting 11, especially against the likes of Motherwell, St Mirren and Dundee Utd...

Just watched the highlights of the rangers game, theres a chance where I think its Hastings that crosses in for Marcus, what a first touch. Pitty he didn't have the legs to carry him through, or that would have been a goal.

That does generally seem to be his problem, he is a technically good, direct player, but he looks slow and clumsy when on the ball.

Hopefully this is just lack of match practice, as there were one or two good runs, where he would cut inside, then cut outside again, sending Papac for pie and chips.

I thought Markus was poor first half yesterday, but I saw a dramatic improvement after half time. I'll say what I've said all along- Barry Wilson has definetly still got it, and imo Markus is being rushed back from injury too quickly.

I do really like Markus, and am so pleased Brew is giving him a chance to prove his worth, but I would like to see Barry on from the start in the next game.

It is very early days to start an overall judgement but Markus clearly has potential. It wasnt exactly the best game to return to the starting line up - I agree with chris123 that he does look a tad clumsy but he does appear to have pace off the mark. I know he scored lots of goals in the lower ranks - I wonder where he will settle into - looks more like a striker than a midfielder to me.

It is very early days to start an overall judgement but Markus clearly has potential. It wasnt exactly the best game to return to the starting line up - I agree with chris123 that he does look a tad clumsy but he does appear to have pace off the mark. I know he scored lots of goals in the lower ranks - I wonder where he will settle into - looks more like a striker than a midfielder to me.

Someone ran a poll on P&B a few weeks back asking who was the best player ever to play for your club.

Several Cowdenbeath fans said Marcus.

I thought he would be a better choice than Cowie to replace Rankin behind Niculae. At the very least it would let Cowie get back onto the wing where he is at his best.

Watching the game on TV, I thought Markus looked promising. Definitely looked good when he came on against Gretna.

Johndo and conival, exactly what i've been saying since the man arrived( as the people I sit with are getting fed up of hearing. Markus may have had the ability to have been an out and out winger in the 2nd division but he hasn't got the pace over 20 or 30 yards or the basic trickery to perform as effectively against the better of the defences in the spl. But in the games

when he moves inside to an inside left position and supports the main striker(s) he looks a different player. From that position he seems to read the game better, frequently gets into goal scoring positions with his feet and head, supports and feeds those around him really well.

In tight positions where he doesn't have the time to think on what he has to do, he seems to have the gift of conjouring up chances instinctively and  combined with an excellent early release of the ball, it seems to me he's too good an asset here than to be wasted out on the wing. I can understand why Brew feels he has to try and find some effective wide pacy play from somewhere, but I dont think Markus is that man, and can only hope he comes to see it our way in the future and gives him a run as an attacking midfielder

he was short of match fitness that was evident but to be fair to the lad getting thrown in for your first match, in however months, against Rangers he did alright.  Plenty of running and wasn't scared to try and take on a player even if he was a bit leggy towards the end of the match, he never stopped.

Markus is fit, fast, good in the air, enthusiastic and someone who has improved at ICT. It was an enormous challenge for him coming on at the start against the league leaders and up against Whittaker. He did find it difficult in the first half but when he gets more practice he will be very exciting to watch.