FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The Ironworks

SMEE

the Spice Girlies won't make it now will they.........

I do think they could use more variety but thats the same with Eden Court. I think the main problem are promoters / agents and the distance up the A9.

A bit like football its a long long long way.....

This is pretty much the same argument as we had when the place opened.... tribute bands and has beens....

I've been a few times to see various bands and my main beef with the place is the rotten acoustics, Primal Scream were at least 3 songs into their set before their sound guy managed to get the sound under control, the last time I saw the Peatbogs there my hearing was muffled for a week afterwards. Still, that could be a bonus if you've got Marty's music taste  :001: Hamish, don't even start!  :015:

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't class Amy Macdonald as anywhere near being a "successful" artist. She has had a couple of songs that charted, so did the cheeky girls!

How very dare you!  That girl is a saint!

:010: I second that! Saw her at Belladrum and she was superb.

And you can't say a Numbr 1 debut album isn't successful . .

• 2 weeks later...

As i frequently visit the Ironworks site to see if any gems are heading this way (as if!!) I cant help but notice the amount of shows that are cancelled. Maybe that in itself is a sign that the level of acts are not capturing the imagiantion of the public!

Got a new guy in place, so hopefully things will improve

• 3 weeks later...

Was speaking to someone that knows ppl in ironwrks. Some of the attendances are **** poor. 150 for the almighty just over 50 for The Police tribute act. kes you wonder how long it can continue. People in Sneck wont turn up to a puppet show no more....they are more expectant now!

Ironworks was always an ambitious project for a place like Inverness ,competing with the Eden Court for bigger names and Hooters and Raigmore for lesser lights,dont know the answer but hope they can survive, i reckon it would be a huge step backwards if Ironworks can't survive or, indeed thrive.

This is pretty much the same argument as we had when the place opened.... tribute bands and has beens....

I've been a few times to see various bands and my main beef with the place is the rotten acoustics, Primal Scream were at least 3 songs into their set before their sound guy managed to get the sound under control, the last time I saw the Peatbogs there my hearing was muffled for a week afterwards. Still, that could be a bonus if you've got Marty's music taste  :001: Hamish, don't even start!  :015:

Having played in there a couple of times i have to say i think the acoustics are actually not very bad, and given the backline and on stage rig they have even if they were rotten there is no reason why a good sound cannot be attained. Rather a problem is with bigger bands they bring their own engineer on tour and sometimes it takes them a while to get to grips with new desks/compressors/EQ's/Reverbs/Gates/Limiters/Buses/Effects loops/Speakers/room acoustics/etc and therefore despite a soundcheck it will take them a while to get a good sound during a performace unless they take their own digital desk which is about as likely as Marius is to become top scorer this season, so i would argue that the sound problems you are describing are down to the band and their engineer as opposed to the venue.

dont know the answer but hope they can survive, i reckon it would be a huge step backwards if Ironworks can't survive or, indeed thrive.

I do too...not that i have been tempted as yet to go....but i live in hope

Regarding sound problems....

I saw Irish band Altan there last summer.... The sound was perfect - comfortably loud, but absolutely crystal clear...

Sound engineers that haven't a clue what they're doing can totally ruin a good concert....  :018: