FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Brewster

TomCaleyJag

Do you still support Craig Brewster, and believe he is the right man to take the club forward?  

356 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

My "Brewster out" banner has caused some contraversy on the Gretna matchday thread.

I feel very strongly that Brewster is not the man to take the club forward, and I thought I had the support of the majority of the club's fans to call for Brewster's sacking following the results of a recent poll.

However, I am now keen to know if that is still the case. Have recent results changed your opinion, or do you still hold it?  Basically do you believe Brewster is the right man for the job.

Please note this is not a poll on "was tomcaleyjag right to make a Brew out banner", but "Is brew the right man for the job".

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think people should be allowed to have anything they like on a banner provided it's not abusive.  Your flag contained nothing but an opinion and although I may not agree with such things I believe that whoever removed it was wrong to do so....if you haven't got the flag back, then you may want to report the theft and ask the Police/Club to look at the CCTV footage to ascertain the perpetrator.

No need CaleyD, it was Mike Smith, I saw him taking it down and I went down and spoke to him. Missed Dougie's goal because of it too  :008: :004:

Interestingly, he told me "You're not allowed negative things on the stadium. You can take it up to Sect G and wave it about but don't tape it to the stadium." I don't see the difference really.

I cant tape the Marius one up though, as long as its not impeding anyone's view or covering advertising.

I think Brewster is the man for next season, with a pre-season and transfer window under him we should do more than enough to stay up.  Hopefully he can sign another couple of quality players, he has a good track record (dargo, imrie, rankin, mcguire).

Although if i had to choose between charlie christie and brewster, it would probably be christie.

While everybody is entitled to their opinion, use match day to be positive, getting behind the team and management.  Personally, I don't like to see such banners at the stadium.

I just came up with a great idea, but not sure if it will swing....perhaps the club could actually show some signs that the give a toss about the opinions of the fans, that way they might not feel the need for such visual displays!!!

no-one was more vociferous in their Brewster Out comments than me when he withdrew the contract offer from Denzil .....

I am still not convinced that he is the man for the job but after being in Inverness and listening to the opinions of others whom I respect, as well as hearing a bit of expanded background information on some of the hurdles he has had to try and overcome since coming back to the club, I am now in the undecided camp. He may prove to be a spectacular flop and we will regret it, but on the other hand, if what I have heard is true and he manages to change certain things about the culture of (and within) the squad then he may turn out to be very good indeed.

People have been mentioning Imrie a lot in the last few weeks and one thing that I did notice on my trip back was that during the Killie game he was constantly encouraging the player and making sure he was in the right position or covering the right man .... I think a lot of us think that Imrie is a raw talent .... and despite my pre-conceived ideas, it looked like Brewster was spending a lot of time during that game trying to nurture that talent ..... if he is able to do this with him and other younger players then that is a fairly large positive in my book.

I just came up with a great idea, but not sure if it will swing....perhaps the club could actually show some signs that the give a toss about the opinions of the fans, that way they might not feel the need for such visual displays!!!

If clubs sacked their managers or changed their boards every time the fans called for it, there would be no continuity and they would fall apart.  Fans are fickle, and most are stupid.

If clubs sacked their managers or changed their boards every time the fans called for it, there would be no continuity and they would fall apart.  Fans are fickle, and most are stupid.

And some just get really pissed off when the club takes two steps backwards by appointing a manager who has already shown a total lack of loyalty, a record of 2 wins from 28 at his last club, describes a seven game losing streak as 'unfortunate and none of his fault',  and then goes onto grossly mis-treat a club legend.

Scotty's point about Brewster encouraging players such as Imrie is a sign I think that Brew has got over the trauma of giving up playing. Our bad run coincided with the medical opininion which presumably stopped him playing. This must have hurt him psychologically.

However, he now seems to be a bit more active on the touchline. Basically his style of managing seems to be changing.  

As I have said on Brewster threads before, I was not pro his coming back last year.  However, once here I felt he should be given a decent crack of the whip, and in my opinion that is until the end of the 2008/09 season.  I have maintained this view consistently, even through the dark days of the long run of defeats and the problems with Black, and Wyness's contract, when many on here would have cheerfully strung him up, let alone sack him.  Now that we seem to be picking up a bit, albeit against the poorer teams, I see no reason to change my mind.   I hope he is able to keep Marius, and strengthen the squad with a decent forward to play alongside him, and equally important sign a decent defender (to replace McGuire ?).  I would also like to see him persuade Zibi to stay, otherwise he'll need a goalkeeper as well.

Fans should be happier that we went on a run that included beating celtic, hearts, hibs and falkirk that pulled us away from the mire at the bottom, before going on a bad run as per usual and then recording the second biggest win of the season (albeit against gretna).  A season avoiding relegation in the SPL is good enough for me, and i would settle for the same next season.

And from what i've heard, a lot of fans think wyness is past it and his heart isn't in it anymore.  Any player, club legend or not, that consistently under-performs for 2 seasons should be asked to leave.

and then goes onto grossly mis-treat a club legend.

this is not a dig at Denzil ..... but I dont recall anyone ever denying Grassa's assertion that the agent tried to get more money at the 11th hour .....

As I said in my earlier post, I was very anti-Brew over this action and still dont think it was handled at all well but there is a lot more going on behind the scenes than most of us know about or will ever hear about .... egos, cliques, resistance to training changes, players who (allegedly) get to borrow the (ex) Chairman's car or who get tickets to see Man Utd ........ [and no, i am not talking about Marius]

Its a tough time for us as ICT fans are not used to failure or regression but my gut feeling is that if we take a chance on Brew for another season we may well be rewarded. Sometimes you do have to take one step back to take two forward ..... I just hope its not the other way round and we take two steps back and none forward !!!

Now im not a big Brewster fan either, but i dont think we should be changing managers that quickly either. Yes his loyalty was in question during the Dundire Utd situation, but i am willing to put up with another Brew season

i wouldnt say he,s been grossly mistreated or a legend,ok hes scored a lot o golas,but this season has done nothing to ean a new cotract,nor has he made much effort since the contract was withdrawn to look like he wants to earn another,so iam with brewster on that one

Brew Must Go !!! or change his arrogant ego because he's driving plenty of others away!  :crazy07:

TCG, Put yer banner back up at the next game and if Mike Smith comes over again to remove it tell him his excuse for removal is a joke, especially when you considering some of the banners the old firm bring and have brought up with them in the past and their opinons they spout in songs :014: and I've never seen Mike Smith walk across to them and do anything! a free opinion on wanting Brewster out is and should be acceptable.

You could always change your banner to a Mike Smith Must Go  :023:

Any player, club legend or not, that consistently under-performs for 2 seasons should be asked to leave

I dont think Dennis has under-performed, until a couple of weeks ago I believe he was still ICT's top scorer in terms of goals per game this season.

And anyway, yes if he does under-performed for two years then fine, but whats out of order is Brew offering the contract, publicly stating how much he wants to keep Wyness, then as soon as Wyness is ready to sign he withdraws it.

And from what i've heard, a lot of fans think wyness is past it and his heart isn't in it anymore.  Any player, club legend or not, that consistently under-performs for 2 seasons should be asked to leave.
absolutely spot on that man,best post i have read on the subject in months :022:

A month ago i was screaming for Brew to GTF. We were on the worst winless streak i can remember and he seemed to be alienating players and fans with a series of dodgy decisions (both tactical and man-managerial).

Aided by the split and the state of Gretna things have stabilised since then and he deserves some credit for that because a month ago we didn't look capable of beating anyone. The 'player-unrest' stories were starting to spiral out of control at that time and if Brew had a hand in sorting that out then well done to him.

So from that point of view he deserves the chance to make changes over the summer and we'll see how we get on at the start of next season.

He still manages to p1ss me off even after a 6-1 win though. That comment about two more wins giving us our highest ever SPL points total was just stupid. You'd think he would check before saying a thing like that. 

i wouldnt say he,s a legend

WHAT?? What does constitute a legend these days? All-time top scorer and scored over 10% of the club's goals in history. Ridiculous comment.