FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

SPL club,

From the press release above....

"Single tickets for season ticket holders are guaranteed until close of business on Saturday"

NO THEY BLOODY WEREN'T!

I went along to the portacabin immediately after the game, it was open, but was told that they didnt sell tickets after the game! The cabin was open; open for business, but I couldn't get my Liverpool brief!

What was it someone said "SPL club, Highland league administration". How very true!!

I will be more than a little upset if my seat is sold by the time  get there on Monday!!!!!!!!!!

NO THEY BLOODY WEREN'T!

I went along to the portacabin immediately after the game, it was open, but was told that they didnt sell tickets after the game! The cabin was open; open for business, but I couldn't get my Liverpool brief!

What was it someone said "SPL club, Highland league administration". How very true!!

I will be more than a little upset if my seat is sold by the time  get there on Monday!!!!!!!!!!

you have had all week why wait until now?

NO THEY BLOODY WEREN'T!

Might I enquire as to what that has to do with anything?

Maybe like you the poster wasn't able to get down to the stadium until now?

yes but unlike me i phoned the club(or they phoned me at work) and i payed for a ticket over the phone :014:

Guest couchpotato

Surely, if the club state "Single tickets for season ticket holders are guaranteed until close of business on Saturday" Then it's a fair assumption you can turn up after the game before close of business for a ticket!

Well done to all forward thinking clever lads who were well enough organised to phone first tho!    :rolleyes02:

yes but unlike me i phoned the club(or they phoned me at work) and i payed for a ticket over the phone :014:

Are being deliberately obtuse? The poster in question might not have been able to phone the stadium to get a ticket. Why did they phone you? Ah yes, because you were on here moaning about not being able to get a ticket as well before Saturdays game and thinking that no one would answer your email so that would be why the club phoned you I would imagine  :003:

Close of business for tickets is, I believe, 1445 on a saturday when the team are at home.

Ticket office hours are 10.00 to 16.30 Monday to Friday and saturday morning. So, in effect, you enquired after close of ticketing business.

Close of business for tickets is, I believe, 1445 on a saturday when the team are at home.

Ticket office hours are 10.00 to 16.30 Monday to Friday and saturday morning. So, in effect, you enquired after close of ticketing business.

Yes, but the club (or certain individuals in the club) appear to change their mind at will as to their hours of business.  For reasons which I will not bore you with I was unable to book my tickets before Saturday.  I phoned the stadium yesterday about 1.30 and got the answering service and left a message, but no-one phoned me back.  I turned up at the shop about 2.20pm but was told that it was too late as they were not selling any more of the testimonial tickets until Monday because they were too busy.  I understand where you are coming from Gordy as I too will be severely p****d off if I don't get my tickets tomorrow.

Yes, but the club (or certain individuals in the club) appear to change their mind at will as to their hours of business.  For reasons which I will not bore you with I was unable to book my tickets before Saturday.  I phoned the stadium yesterday about 1.30 and got the answering service and left a message, but no-one phoned me back.  I turned up at the shop about 2.20pm but was told that it was too late as they were not selling any more of the testimonial tickets until Monday because they were too busy.  I understand where you are coming from Gordy as I too will be severely p****d off if I don't get my tickets tomorrow.

Thanks, mate. I know I was not the only one affected as there were a few more beside me in the cabin. If they cant cope with demand, they should hire more staff.

I have never seen those times published anywhere, Alex, and even if they are, would it not have been appropriate to reiterate them?

The whole point of marketing commuications are to ease the path to purchase. This is not the first time that the marketing function at ICT have cocked up - remember the Celtic tickets email and subsequent apology? Get someone to proof read for grammar, spelling, punctuation and sense. It only takes a minute, and creates an aura of professionalism and even competence.

Guest CaleyJaggy

I bought my seat at 1430 on saturday after I got off the bus at the stadium.  I had no problem what so ever getting my ticket, I even managed to get 2 for the north stand on thursday, there were several others who bought tickets at the same time so it wasn't just me.

*Edited to remove personal comment - The Mantis*

Are being deliberately obtuse? The poster in question might not have been able to phone the stadium to get a ticket. Why did they phone you? Ah yes, because you were on here moaning about not being able to get a ticket as well before Saturdays game and thinking that no one would answer your email so that would be why the club phoned you I would imagine  :003:

and? why shouldnt i ask to get a ticket on here,he could of done the same,at least i made a effort to get one before sat,and didnt call the club amateur etc,every single thing i post you disect and rip to shreds,is there any need for it? if you dont like what i post,can you just igonre it?

(personal comment removed)

I bought my seat at 1430 on saturday after I got off the bus at the stadium.  I had no problem what so ever getting my ticket, I even managed to get 2 for the north stand on thursday, there were several others who bought tickets at the same time so it wasn't just me.

Well aren't you the lucky one. If you managed to buy tickets for the testimonial after 2.30 on Saturday, then you were very fortunate.  Did you go into the club shop to get them?  I didn't get as far as that, as there was a female member of staff standing outside the portakabin who was speaking to a man who was complaining about not being able to get his ticket for the testimonial, and she told me that I would be unable to buy them until Monday because they were too busy. 

I rang on Saturday morning at the back of ten, and had to settle for tickets in the front row of the North Stand, Section B. Doesn't sound like there's much left  :014:

There's always the away end I suppose - makes a change from the OF pinching ours anyway  :023:

Guest CaleyJaggy

Well aren't you the lucky one.  Please refrain from calling me a liar.  If you managed to buy tickets for the testimonial after 2.30 on Saturday, then you were very fortunate.  Did you go into the club shop to get them?  I didn't get as far as that, as there was a female member of staff standing outside the portakabin who was speaking to a man who was complaining about not being able to get his ticket for the testimonial, and she told me that I would be unable to buy them until Monday because they were too busy. 

Lucky? No, I just went into the club portacabin and asked if I could get my seat for the testimonial, I walked past a lass who was standing outside, I dunno if its the same one as stopped you from going in but you shouldnt pay any attention to her.  The guy in the shop said sure, asked me if I wanted anymore and I paid and got out.  I wasn't the only person I know of to get tickets on Sat at various times during the day so how you had any trouble getting a ticket I dunno.

As for the shop being open after the match, in my experience it is very rare that happens and you'll never be sold match tickets after the game as I have tried before.  The shop generally closes around 3ish on a matchday anyway.

Basically you left it far too late to get your ticket and you cannot blame anyone else for that.  On Sat (you said you couldn't get a ticket any earlier so fair enough) the shop opens at 10, you have phoned once at 130 then gone in at 220 why not phone earlier?  Why not phone more than once?  Why not get someone else to phone in for you and pay for you?

At the end of the day every priority group member had 6 days to get a ticket.  Leaving it to the very last minute and not getting a guaranteed ticket is nobodies fault but the person who left it so late.  Phone up on Monday and get a ticket or go to the shop, get someone else to go for you if you cannot, but don't come on here and start slagging the club off for something that isn't their fault.  If your not sure of an opening time what do most people do?  CHECK.

Basically you left it far too late to get your ticket and you cannot blame anyone else for that.  On Sat (you said you couldn't get a ticket any earlier so fair enough) the shop opens at 10, you have phoned once at 130 then gone in at 220 why not phone earlier?  Why not phone more than once?  Why not get someone else to phone in for you and pay for you?

Because while I really want to go to Barry Wilson's testimonial, I do have a life apart from ICT and I was otherwise occupied on Saturday until 1.30.

At the end of the day every priority group member had 6 days to get a ticket.  Leaving it to the very last minute and not getting a guaranteed ticket is nobodies fault but the person who left it so late.  Phone up on Monday and get a ticket or go to the shop, get someone else to go for you if you cannot, but don't come on here and start slagging the club off for something that isn't their fault.  If your not sure of an opening time what do most people do?  CHECK.

Yes, in an ideal world I should have phoned earlier in the week, the day etc etc.  The point that I (and several others) am trying to make however is that I did check, and the club said that season ticket holders could get their seats up until the close of business on Saturday and this proved not to be the case for me. 

Guest CaleyJaggy

The club did say that and season ticket holders were getting tickets on Saturday, close of business is anywhere between 3 and 345 on a sat as already mentioned.  Season ticket holders were getting tickets on Saturday, you say you were refused tickets yes?  may I enquire as why you never complained?  You willl no doubt say you did complain but I doubt you did otherwise you'd have got your ticket.

The club did say that and season ticket holders were getting tickets on Saturday, close of business is anywhere between 3 and 345 on a sat as already mentioned.  Season ticket holders were getting tickets on Saturday, you say you were refused tickets yes?  may I enquire as why you never complained?  You willl no doubt say you did complain but I doubt you did otherwise you'd have got your ticket.

You are putting words in my mouth now.  I will be complaining to the club if I don't get my tickets tomorrow- and I won't be responding to any more of your posts.