FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

What "nationality" are you?

TomCaleyJag

What Nationality do you consider yourself?  

116 members have voted

1. 1.

• Scottish
    • British

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was Born In Scotland. Scotland is a country. IN much the same way as someone born in say France is French....I consider myself Scottish.

There is a difference. You don't have a Scottish Passport, you have a British one. According to International Law you're British not Scottish.

That doesn't mean to say you can't consider yourself Scottish, Im just saying it IS different to France.

I was Born In Scotland. Scotland is a country. IN much the same way as someone born in say France is French....I consider myself Scottish.

There is a difference. You don't have a Scottish Passport, you have a British one. According to International Law you're British not Scottish.

That doesn't mean to say you can't consider yourself Scottish, Im just saying it IS different to France.

Conversely.....there is no such country as Britain

I consider myself British, though English by birth with Irish connections. Not really that proud to be English if I'm honest, not how things are at present, but i suppose that's true to say where ever you may be on the British Isles.

Guest harrysmithno.7

I consider myself a first Highlander first, Scottish second,  British third, and  Australian fourth.  I married a Canadian passport holder who was born in the USA.  We have two kids who were born in Australia but are being brought up by us in Auckland New Zealand.

I think they will end up being more confused than me.

Born in Canada, raised in Scotland and married to an Egyptian (where I spend most of my time), so Scots Canadian but also with a soft spot for Egypt.  Don't mind being called British but it's a struggle here to tell people the difference between British, Scots and English.

Scottish.  The sign at the border say's 'Welcome to Scotland'  not 'Welcome to Northern Britain'

Completely agree with that.  :clapping03:

Guest TinCanFan

Why is there not a "both" option?  And anyway, I never like these sorts of questions.  I'm an internationalist, not a patriot or a nationalist or anything like that and it doesn't make one jot to me if I or someone I knew was Scottish, English, Welsh, British, Tongan, French, Icelandic and so on.  Some people get too worked up about their country, whatever that may be.  And what is "my country"?  The world is my country.

Guest TinCanFan

I'm not really that bothered to be honest.  I suppose it's nice if they win but I've never been to a Scotland game and never really wanted to go to one.  So in answer to the question, I suppose I do if they play but I'd much rather see ICT win the SPL than I would Scotland qualify for the Euros or World Cup.

Guest Muir-Jaggie
I'm not really that bothered to be honest.  I suppose it's nice if they win but I've never been to a Scotland game and never really wanted to go to one.  So in answer to the question, I suppose I do if they play but I'd much rather see ICT win the SPL than I would Scotland qualify for the Euros or World Cup.
TRUE :clapping03: :clapping03: :clapping03:

TRUE :clapping03: :clapping03: :clapping03:

Thats understandable considering your German!! TCF however.......

Scottish to the core, however I do support the British in their bid to gain independence from us.   :003:

Excellent answer  :003:

Always Scottish, never british.

Scottish!!!!!!!!!

I'm a proud Scottish woman!!

But I am a British citizen!!

No such thing.  You are a European citizen but a British subject.

.....and born in the country of Scotland!