FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Niculae

Harry Chibber

If you received a bid of   

98 members have voted

1. 1.

• Sell him?
    • Keep him?

I don't think anyone knows the truth anymore, I'm out of here.  

Does it look like Marius has done this off his own bat?  All weekend the signs on some websites were that we had agreed a fee with the Germans, but we see Marius photo on the Dinamo website, yet nothing official from the club, I think he has done a runner to get back home despite the Germans being the highest bidder?  Then again, what is the truth?

Does anyone care anymore.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It is looking like he is a 'Fly-Be' knight but who has the strongest armour or is it armor?  Is it Sir Grassa Bennett of Cairngorm, Lord Knows of Bucharest or the Honourable Marius of the Howden End? Will Partick Thistle guide us through the Court of Session....hang on...

This has gone beyond a joke, and I was going to put that quote above in my comment but did it wrong  :rolleyes02:

Whatever happens Niculae is going and for all the trouble he's been worth I think it's a good thing. Don't get me wrong, I do like him, I think he was a good player while at ICT and I go against what some people say about him... but it's lost all interest now!

I'm not going to b**ch and moan about the way the club has been going just now, but this all seems to be the way things are going to be handled right now unfortuantely.

Tonight's story directly contradicts the quotes from Grassa in Saturday's P&J:

"A fee has been agreed and we are just sorting out the paperwork. It is a straight deal although Marius is entitled to a percentage of it. It represents a good deal for the club and the player. It was a slow process with them but we finally agreed a deal."

I did wince when i read the phrase "straight deal". From a fans point of view there has been nothing straight about the affairs of this club since we first heard the name Marius Niculae.

Sorry if this has already been said but I take it we have actually made a decent amount of profit from having Niculae with us for a year?

Please feel free to correct my guess' as all the figures in brackets are off the top of my head  (ie made up) :029:

Outgoings:

Did we pay a fee to a club to sign him (not as far as I know)

Did we pay him a signing on fee? (Not as far as I know)

How much wages did we pay him in total ? (52 x ?3000 =?156,000)

Income:

How much did we get from his sale? (?400,000)

How much did we get from him being at the euros? (?60,000)

Which would suggest not only did we get his services for nothing for a year but we actually made a lot of money (?300,000) and he helped to advertise the club to a bigger audience by playing in the euros.

Working backwards on the figures......

We were told after Orion decided to go public on the scenario that the Investment by them covered the cost of Marius for the 2 year contract....and we know that investment figure to have been ?270,000.

I would have thought he would have got some kind of signing fee, but perhaps he instead decided upon a "sell on" fee, which sounds like what the dispute could be over now we are actually looking to sell him.

Even if you take the cost on a pro rata basis then divide the ?270,000 by 104 weeks and you get ?2307/week (plus change).

We've been paying him less than 12 months, but we'll use that for simplicity...that means he has cost us ?135,000

So far we're up ?135,000.

Money from Euros was in the region of ?50,000 I believe.

Sale is 475,000 Euros after the 5% Solidarity Fee = ?375,000

That's ?560,000 in the bank.

From here on it's plucking figures totally out of the air stuff................

Whether or not the club will end up having to pay Marius a % or whatever they are due him is yet to be seen (I think they will), and assuming it's not an insignificant amount since ICT seem reluctant then he could be due ?50,000 to ?75,000 from the sale???

That's still not a kick in the erse off ?500,000 for the better...and even if he did get some kind of signing on fee as well then it's still going to be over ?400,000 that ICT are better off.

Presumably where we stand now is that the club is not transferring Niculae's registration until he waives his right to a share of the transfer fee. A fair and reasonable stance IF it had been agreed that he would do so if the club accepted the offer from his preferred bidder rather than the highest offer. He might deny ever agreeing to that, knowing that ICT have little choice but to allow him stay with Dinamo.

We'll end up with a compromise where he gets a reduced share of the transfer fee, with all parties feeling bitter about the whole saga and blaming each other in the press, and then eventually we can all move on.

Presumably where we stand now is that the club is not transferring Niculae's registration until he waives his right to a share of the transfer fee. A fair and reasonable stance IF it had been agreed that he would do so if the club accepted the offer from his preferred bidder rather than the highest offer. He might deny ever agreeing to that, knowing that ICT have little choice but to allow him stay with Dinamo.

We'll end up with a compromise where he gets a reduced share of the transfer fee, with all parties feeling bitter about the whole saga and blaming each other in the press, and then eventually we can all move on.

sounds about spot-on I would think.

That kind of deal would almost certainly have been written into a contract and not any kind of verbal agreement.

Either way we look at it Marius is away, and its just about how much we get, but the big big question is will Brew get us a decent defender.

Sorry Yngwigignie (i'll check the spelling later.) I dont understand whats going on. The board don't seem to have a hold on this and its making the club look silly. I'd sooner be shot of him and look to the future. If the club are, however, standing their ground over a fee either Dinamo are due or Marius himself then fair play. I salute their stance but hopefully they will clarify that.

It seems unlikely though on past evidence that they will.

How many times has it been said though that we cant complete a transfer in less than 6 weeks - normally a joke but it has some substance.

I want closure **** it.

Oh and those invoices... i could rustle up something on my desktop in 10 minutes like that. Eastern European clubs are sneaky me thinks. :024:

Sorry Yngwigignie (i'll check the spelling later.) I dont understand whats going on. The board don't seem to have a hold on this and its making the club look silly.

I'm sure most people reading the BBC report don't think that at all, there are strange glitches all over the transfer market and I think in general people would blame the player for making some weird unknown demand for any problem, and not the club. Should have just sold him to Slautern and saved all the hassle.

Big write up in the Courier as well, looks like the same story.  Basically we are in possession of his registration until Dinamo deposit the required amount into our bank, as long as Marius waives his personal fee, then the deal with Dinamo will benefit ICT to the same amount as Kaisers were offering.  Apparently we have accepted a cut price offer from Dinamo of ?396k, bit of debate as the original offer may have been in Euros, confusing our easily confused board.  However, due to this it may be that we are wanting Dinamo to pay out to Marius insted of us which will ultimately leave us with a similar amount.  Complex situation is the way it is described.

Quotey from Grazza.............

"We still hold the players registration documents and if this is not sorted out in the next day or two he will be coming back to Inverness"

Seems fair enough to me.  I don't believe the board are as daft as some like to make out.  Yes they make mistakes, thats a different story.  Dealing with these types of clubs can't be straightforward and someone somewhere has jumped the gun.

Lets hope it can get sorted out soon and we can get on with life without Marius.

It looks like that rig, if we can believe what has been written in the press.  My guess is Marius/agent has agreed with Dinamo, despite Kaisers offering the board more, maybe because Marius went to Bucharest on his own and meanwhile ICT received an updated offer from Kaisers. That seems to be acceptable, but only if Marius is willing to waive his share of the transfer, thus leaving ICT with roughly the same amount.

Cofused.com may be the only answer.

Wasn't the deal simply that Marius could go if a bigger club made an offer for him and thus he would get a slice of the deal? I've not heard this "highest bidder" bit before.

But I'm no longer sure what was said because it was probably a load of mince anyway whatever it was!