FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Duff&Vigurs for weekly starts?

CaleyP

think both deserve a run of games. for both to show so much quality so early, think how much they will/could improve with regular starts every week. the best thing about these two is they have come through the youth system. i say the club connot afford not to give these guys a chance.

On the basis of today's performance, yes. Unless it was some sort of fluke, Duff is clearly already a more rounded and imposing centre half than either Proctor or McGuire. As for Vigurs, he looks like a real prospect - more subtle than Imrie but still able to take on and beat players, good passing and decent pace. He played effectively and with real confidence today, and it's clear that he has developed a great deal since the last time I saw him start (at Killie last March). Given how young both still are, there is really exciting potential there.

I love duff!

clydesdale bank young player of the month?

After today's performance, Mentalist, you may be right.

Duff's a great player and he's done really well since coming into the team, but I'll definately be having words with him at the end of the season if other clubs come sniffing! :rotflmao: He loves Inverness and from what he's said himself, really appreciates the support he's recieved from everyone to!

Duff's a great player and he's done really well since coming into the team, but I'll definately be having words with him at the end of the season if other clubs come sniffing! :rotflmao: He loves Inverness and from what he's said himself, really appreciates the support he's recieved from everyone to!

No way should Duff make way for anyone. He has shown with his consistent performances he is in the team on merit.He will get even stronger the more games he plays .Regarding Vigours he is long overdue a run in the team . He gives us composure in midfield and has a great range of passing . I think he could prove to be the most talented youngster to come through our youth system.

Would not have a problem with either player starting a decent amount of games this season .... just so long as those with the coaching skills and experience in bringing on young players, watch out for burnout.

Did Vigurs not come from Elgin, and was a product of their youth system but had to release him and some other players for financial reasons? anyway neither here nor there, but he IS an exciting prospect for the future.

Edited by caley100

Vigurs is in a position where he could get a run - especially if Royster drops back to full back - I would like to see a midfield five of Cowie - Black - Duncan - Imrie - Vigurs when we play away from home.

Duff is raw potential but has flaws as most apprentices do - I suspect that Brew will revert to Maguire and Munro when they are both fit - but Duff is certainly going to put the pressure on them to play well every week - as the next chance may be his big chance.

And what about Proctor - where can he go except the bench ??

Keep Vigurs in the team as it would be a very rare excuse to keep Russell Duncan out of the team :rotflmao: . I don't see Duff becoming a regular quite yet but give him a year or so and i think he will be there.

I would like to see both get an extended run in the team.

We keep talking about protecting "boys" but foreign teams do not 0 Messi is prime example.

I realise how good, make that great, he is, but is still yound and has been thrown in at deep end in a league a lot higher standard than ours so it is possible to play youth!

Fraser

Tokely/Proctor Munro Duff Hastings

Cowie Black Vigurs McBain/Duncan

Rooney Barrowman

If only playing 1 up then Rooney on own

Will Brewster pull on the jersey this season?

He could still do a turn, could still show Barrowman a thing or two in controlling a ball passed up front!

thought the lads dug deep and showed a lot of hearth - the young guys are around 20 years old thought they did really well including rooney - he is just turned 20 he should have had a goal maybe but after seeing his display on setanta - laying the ball back for cowie for the 1st

Regarding Vigours he is long overdue a run in the team . He gives us composure in midfield and has a great range of passing . I think he could prove to be the most talented youngster to come through our youth system.

did he not come from elgin city? so isnt our youth product??

Regarding Vigours he is long overdue a run in the team . He gives us composure in midfield and has a great range of passing . I think he could prove to be the most talented youngster to come through our youth system.

he played first team football at elgin age 15 to 17 plus playing under 17's at elgin along with garry wood then signed for caley and played under 19's for two seasons. so he was part of the ICT youth system for two years.

he played first team football at elgin age 15 to 17 plus playing under 17's at elgin along with garry wood then signed for caley and played under 19's for two seasons. so he was part of the ICT youth system for two years.

Personally i've always agreed with the idea that if you're good enough then you're old enough. If both continue to show their ability then there is no reason why they should not be in and around the 1st eleven every week. Hopefully their eagerness to cement a 1st team place will keep the regulars on their toes and if not replace them.

Duff should replace Maguire permanently now. Vigurs could be a long term replacement for McBain (different style players granted but thats not nessesarily an issue)

Next up Zander Sutherland and Gary Wood although perhaps their not quite ready but 10 minutes here and there if we ever look like having the points in the bag would do them no harm.

Im beginning to think perhaps Rory won't step up and be counted. He has got ability and showed in pre season he can do the forwards job but he has to get consistent.

Guest RPFaither

Jamie Duff has played particularly well this season - making 'Team of the Day' in several Sunday newspapers week before last. This is in competition with the best of the SPL - including international standard players. While I'm not saying Jamie is International class - he IS playing exceptionally well. How can he be dropped? It wouldn't say much for Brewster's player-management if he did. I would think he keeps his place until form dips/injury. I think he's 'taken his chance'. I think it would also benefit the fringe/young players to see that 'if you're good enough when called upon' then the reward is a run in the team.

He is Inverness born and bred (apart from a short time -year or three as a toddler - spent in Ness, Lewis).