FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Suggest a replacement

Alex MacLeod

If Brewster can continue to have the players playing as they did on Saturday with a bit of fight and fire in their bellies then that's what will win me over.

When the lads our out there playing with that confidence and belief then everything else falls into place. I said after the St Mirren game thaat he needs to learn to cut them loose every now and again so they can show what they can do and we saw that against Kilmarnock....I lost count of the number of times Hastings was on the right side of the field, Rossco was on the left, Vigurs was pushing deep into the corners etc. In past games you would have expected this to have left holes in our setup, but on Saturday the players were covering for each other, they were playing instinctively and it was the best feeling I've had whilst watching a game at TCS for a long time....and going by the way the fans responded, I wasn't the only one that got a lift from it.

If we go out and play the same way this Saturday at Tannadice and fans can walk away from the game knowing the players gave it their all then win, lose or draw...you can't ask for any more and that's what I look for every week.

Whilst people might try to defend Brewster with a "It's the players out there doing the job for 90 minutes" argument, he is the manager, he is the man responsible for making sure they are fired up for the game and he is the man that calls the shots with formation and which players to put on the field....ultimately if it's not working then the buck stops with him.

Just like one loss does not make a bad manager, one win does not make a good manager. Brewster has to show that he can get that performance from the team every week, and if he can do that then the team will get it's just rewards and Brewster will win over many of his critics.

At this moment in time I would not be upset in the slightest if Brewster was to be replaced and it's up to him to make me, and others who think similar to me, change our minds.

Saturdays win and the performance after the first 20 minutes is a great platform for us to build from, let's make the best of it and hopefully come Christmas none of us will be looking to see anyone moved on from the club. That includes getting player contracts sorted, setting egos aside and ensuring off the field events don't impact on what we do on the pitch.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most points on the board due to the easiest start ever to an SPL season.

there's no easy games so i dont agree. we've played hearts, hibs, aberdeen and kilmarnock(who have had 5 clean sheets so far). so how can you say that's the easiest start just because rangers or celtic aren't in that list...well rangers and celtic aren't the only strong teams in the spl...the best but not the only hard opposition we face.

we've played hearts, hibs, aberdeen and kilmarnock(who have had 5 clean sheets so far).

I think there's a fair amount of 'anybody can beat anybody else on their day' in the league this year. It could be argued that the standard in the SPL is lower this year apart from Gretna.

Killie looks like a great result. But time will tell if Hearts, Hibs or Aberdeen are any good. Anyway we only got a good result from one of the three, and beating Falkirk may not turn out to be a fabby result either. We also lost at home to Hamilton and St Mirren.

Personally I reckoned we were wrong to take him back, that said the saving grace was his potential super sub role which never came about.

On the field he was able to get the best out of the likes of Dargo. In our current situation we have the players that could do the job with the correct attention to dulling down the edges.

Guess my opinion is that despite my reservations at his return I believe he has the ability given sufficient time to make us a top 6 team before we sell off more players to keep our bank balance in the black.

we've played hearts, hibs, aberdeen and kilmarnock(who have had 5 clean sheets so far).

I think there's a fair amount of 'anybody can beat anybody else on their day' in the league this year. It could be argued that the standard in the SPL is lower this year apart from Gretna.

Killie looks like a great result. But time will tell if Hearts, Hibs or Aberdeen are any good. Anyway we only got a good result from one of the three, and beating Falkirk may not turn out to be a fabby result either. We also lost at home to Hamilton and St Mirren.

Oh i agree with you that time will tell, but the point i was trying to make is there are no easy games. im not sure the standard is lower, i'd say teams in the SPL are getting better, technique in the spl is far better than what is was a few years ago, however, you are going to get players that aren't good enough. sorry im going off topic here :rotflmao:

Given the good start to the season, I think Brewster should be given a bit longer - main worry is when things are going badly he doesn't seem to be able to motivate anyone to change the situation. We went a full round of matches without winning last season between a win against Gretna in January, then a win against Gretna in April :rotflmao:

For the sake of "suggesting a replacement" as the topic says.. Kevin MacDonald as boss with Barry as number 2 :thumb04:

Instead of a replacement Manager should we not be considering a replacement No.2?

In December Brewster won Manager of the Month. Parkie was no.2 & highly regarded by players & fans. He was spot on with tactics & substitutions.

He leaves in January & Malky returns at the start of our 3 months without a win streak. At the same time Hibs go on a great run & make the top 6 & in contention for 3rd/4th place. Coincidence?

Since Parkie left some of Brewsters team selections, tactics & substitutions have regularly been called into question on this site.

Personally, I'm not convinced Brewster has the right man with the right experience alongside him & that this is what is behind the lack of consistency within the team.