FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Respect

Grabe

Dont know if many fans in the Main stand heard the verbal abuse the manager received from the players on 4 seperate occasions in the first half last night.

From black, vigers, hastings and more surprisingly cowie. This was after the manager had criticised a mistake they had made and in response he recieved verbals from them. This surely must show the lack of respect they have for the manager.

I have never heard this b4. Has anyone else noticed this?

If that is the case...i can see two possibilities for it. Firstly, as you say, its a blatant lack of respect, and as much as i am not a fan of Brew, the manager should not be subjected to this.

Second reason, he could be a victim of his own methods by trying to much to be one of the lads, and not having enforced a clear divide.

Either way....its a worrying insight to how things are, and i dont think it comes as a shock to any of us.

Dont know if many fans in the Main stand heard the verbal abuse the manager received from the players on 4 seperate occasions in the first half last night.

From black, vigers, hastings and more surprisingly cowie. This was after the manager had criticised a mistake they had made and in response he recieved verbals from them. This surely must show the lack of respect they have for the manager.

It's a "well known rumour" that some of the players don't have a lot of respect for Brewster.

I saw that their was some two-way dialogue but couldn't tell you what was said. However, from the body language and reaction from a number of players on instructions being shouted at them it looked to stem from confusion and frustration as to what was being asked....one minute they were being ushered back to defend, the next they were getting grief for not being far enough forward, if I had a boss/manager who expected me to be in two places at once and was giving me grief for not doing it then I'm sure I would have been inclined to let let my feelings be known too.

And perhaps if Brewster played them in their correct positions, didn't have them all sitting in each others pockets and gave them some room to play then it wouldn't be an issue in the first place!!!

With it being a lower crowd last night I could have sat just about anywhere I wanted, but I chose to sit in the seat I was allocated behind the home dugout so I could try and get a feel for whether or not any truth existed in the claim that it's all the players faults as they obviously aren't playing the way Brewster wants them to etc.

What I witnessed first hand was Brewster ushering them all back for set pieces and corners, then giving them grief because we had nobody forward to create chances on the break!!! So, if the players aren't doing what they are told, it's because it would be near impossible for them to do so.

Seriously, if I wasn't an ICT fan then sitting watching/listening to the dugout in conjunction with the game last night would have been pure comedy class.....it was that bad.

I'm not saying the players were entirely without blame, but I don't think it's fair to lump criticism on any of the lads who were being played out of position for having a poor 45 minutes when the impossible was being asked of them, and when the instructions they were receiving from the management only served to cause confusion and disarray.

Vigurs wasn't the only one to have a poor first 45 minutes, practically everyone in an ICT shirt did. Things only get better after the break when players were moved into natural positions and we gave up on the "every man behind the ball" tactics. When you see 11 men go from doing nothing to a vastly improved second half performance then it's blatantly obvious what the cause is. Hooking Vigurs and Wood didn't make the other 9 players play better (ok, 8 players as Hastings didn't improve).

If they are good enough they can play anywhere on the park. Vigurs is one of the clique that escape crticism from the cult followers, as is Imrie and Cowie. Well that should change. God knows how Imrie got Player of the Month after some of his displays.

I agree that Brewster was culpable for the first half showing, after all he picks the team and the formation surely. But as he was culpable for the first half, he deserves some plaudits for changing things around early enough to make it count. Not a satisfactory game of football..........a game of two halves I suppose.

I understand that a jettisoned bag of cannabis was washed up on North Kessock this morning and half the bag was pinched !!

M4TJ's feckin budgies are singing pro Brew songs this evening ?

Hang on - is North Kessock on the right or left side of the bridge - or is it just a mirror image of the Ferry ?

If they are good enough they can play anywhere on the park.

Are you serious ?

Yes, never been more serious, are you?

Sorry, not getting at you, but please name me one player from the modern era who could/can play in every position on the field .... and lets make it a tad easier and say every outfield position.

If they are good enough they can play anywhere on the park.

Are you serious ?

Yes, never been more serious, are you?

Sorry, not getting at you, but please name me one player from the modern era who could/can play in every position on the field .... and lets make it a tad easier and say every outfield position.

Jim Calder... :rotflmao:

I was sitting very close to Brewnoclue and I certainly was very aware of the unrest. I didn't hear the words from one player, but I'm quite good at lip reading. ;) :018: First word definitely began with F and I think probably contained about 4 letters and was followed by something that looked very like OFF. :rotflmao: However, this was then followed with a longer word beginning with a W, not sure that was a sign of respect to the manager. I was very surprised to see these particular players talking back.

Quote of the night from someone in the Main Stand, just as Malky was talking to Barry just before he went on to the park. 'And you're trying to tell him how to play football' :thumb04: Bit like trying to teach your Granny to suck eggs I suppose.

Edited by L_G

Have to say this is a touch worrying. It seems alot of the team have as little time and respect for brew as the fans.

Is this why players get randomly dropped despite no great loss in form. And why others play week in week out regardless?

I do disagree however that a pro should be able to play anywhere. Bobby Mann would not have made a great winger.

Cristiano Ronaldo would be a crap centre half.

Most players are naturally good at certain thinks. ie crossing, passing, shooting, tackling. And most people tend to be one footed, there are not too many ambidextres folks in the world.

Kevin McNaughton is a utility man,idolised at Cardiff for playing wherever, whenever and doing a consistently good job. These players a rarity however, and playing players out of position is a bad thing to do, always!

As for the respect issue, looks like those four will be off in January then. Obviously a factor in the summer departures. Bringing in mates such as Byrne should help though :rotflmao:

Edited by Kirishima

It dosen't suprise me at all. Brewster was very animated the other night and the fact that we were playing so poorly meant that tension was setting in. I think alot of the first team have lacked respect for Brew since he returned.

I was sitting very close to Brewnoclue and I certainly was very aware of the unrest. I didn't hear the words from one player, but I'm quite good at lip reading. :rotflmao: :thumb04: First word definitely began with F and I think probably contained about 4 letters and was followed by something that looked very like OFF. :018: However, this was then followed with a longer word beginning with a W, not sure that was a sign of respect to the manager. I was very surprised to see these particular players talking back.

Quote of the night from someone in the Main Stand, just as Malky was talking to Barry just before he went on to the park. 'And you're trying to tell him how to play football' ;) Bit like trying to teach your Granny to suck eggs I suppose.

I was aware of these incidents but this goes on all the time in other clubs .Do you not think Brew has had enough negative comments on the site without spelling out to him what is only an assumption by lip reading. This does not mean I condone any form of disrespect towards the manager but lets not start putting words in players mouths .