FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Your first match?

The Mantis

Still not convinced. I still have an ominous suspicion that this is Johndo in disguise.

trust me babe..... all woman!!!  :016:

I very nearly drove up FW's backside on Friday (my aim's not so good) as I approached Carrbridge on Friday... All woman?? .........PHEEEEWWWWW..............!!!!!    :003: :003: :003: :005: :005:

Is this true or not, FW?

:006: :006: :006:

I very nearly drove up FW's backside on Friday (my aim's not so good) as I approached Carrbridge on Friday... All Is this true or not, FW?

:006: :006: :006:

oh my!!!

jb, you had about 10 yards to spare before ramming my rear!

see girls, is this not always the problem with men and their measuring..... 3" miraculously transforms into at least 9"..... :015: :001: :015:

First match i remember going to was Carlisle Utd v Reading. About 1979/80  2nd Div. Lived just around the corner from Brunton Park when the crowds seemed huge.

Then moved north and watched Thistle/Elgin I think with what seemed a tiny crowd. The quality of football of course was far superior !!!!

First ever match; Thistle agaist Clach at Grant Street circa 1967. 2-2 draw if memory serves.

First Scottish League match; Aberdeen v Rangers at Pittodrie circa 1973, Aberdeen won but I can't remember the score.

First Scotland match; 1-1 draw with Norheren Ireland at Hampden just prior to the 1978 Argentina debacle.

First ICT, then merely CT, "glamour" friendly against St Mirren prior to our first league season.

First match at Fortress Longman; Scottish Cup replay against Stanraer which we were fortunate to win on penalties.

First ICT SPL match; 2-0 victory over Dunfermline at Pittodrie featuring a Juanjo roll.

First Scottish Cup Final; predicted 2-1 victory over Rangers at Hampden this coming season.

' First ICT, then merely CT, "glamour" friendly against St Mirren prior to our first league season '

I had a quick look amongst my old stuff and found the match program for this match Kingsmills! saddo or what eh!

Anyway we got beat 4-0 ? not really sure, Mantis will know probably.

A Fiesta would cost you £7995 from Cordiners, and you can now buy one cheaper!

Are you sure it wasn't 3-0? I was manning the studio at the BBC that Saturday afternoon so Hugh Dan MacLennan got the job of match reporting. The first Caley Thistle game I was at was the friendly v Bolton Wanderers, I think the following midweek...I believe that may have been the one where the Rebels painted the urinals black and red!!

DJS... had you never heard of that famous incident? When it was decided that Telford Street and not Kingsmills wouild be Caley Thistle's first home in 1994, Telford Street (Property of Caledonian FC) did get a degree of upgrading. This included quite a lot of painting and of course there were plenty of willing Caley fans.... including not a few Rebels... who were more than happy to help paint the whole place.

The only exception within a ground which rapidly became "predominantly blue" (and white) (I understate for the sake of artistic licence) was the urinal in the Gents' toilet ....which became Black and Red!

Unable to recall my first game but it was almost certainly at the Telford Street park in 1951 at the age of 12. I don't think I missed a home game during the following five years - until I left Inverness.

Of all the memories I have as a child growing up in Inverness, watching Caley play is right there at the top.

• 2 weeks later...

game hearts vrs east fife bus got windowsin on way oot of gorgie road as i recall uncle told me  it was common at that time was only a wee boy then early  70s hearts won but cant remember the score