FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team Fer Killie

Guest Muir-Jaggie

i see alot of people are putting mcbain in a left back. why??? after lionel had a great game against celtic i think he should remain at left back for the killie game and see what he can do

i see alot of people are putting mcbain in a left back. why??? after lionel had a great game against celtic i think he should remain at left back for the killie game and see what he can do

Todd Carty looks good as well. Zebidee had his 15 minutes of fame - lets not push it !!

Fair question.

The reason I have opted for him at left-back for the Kilmarnock game is because he is more of a "ball player" as opposed to a hoof and hope and although Lionel had a good game against Celtic, and was probably the right choice for a more "physical" game, I think we'll benefit more from having a LB against Killie who can start attacks down that side of the park and Lionel is not the man to do that kind of job.

There's also the fact that we don't have the luxury of trying to tinker with the team too much in the league and if Butcher does want to to try something else then it has to be in the cup, which in the grand scheme of things is the least of our worries.....although a wee cup run would do wonders for morale.

Yes Djebi-Zadi played a blinder, however one swallow maketh not a summer. The tinks warned us that he is extremely inconsistent - he'll play a blinder then go on to be the worst player on the field in the following game. I don't want to take that risk.

With the signing of Kerr today, I expect it'll be Duncan who's sacrificed in the middle.

Esson

Tokely Mihadjuks Munro McBain

Black

Morais Kerr Imrie

Rooney Foran

Possibly swap Black and Kerrs places and that'd be my guess with what we'll go with.

I'd go with that. Don't know why people are playing Foran out wide left?

With the signing of Kerr today, I expect it'll be Duncan who's sacrificed in the middle.

Esson

Tokely Mihadjuks Munro McBain

Black

Morais Kerr Imrie

Rooney Foran

Possibly swap Black and Kerrs places and that'd be my guess with what we'll go with.

I'd go with that. Don't know why people are playing Foran out wide left?

Me too. Looks some team that!

As this is a cup game, I'd also consider something like this:

---------------------------------Esson--------------------------------------------

-----------------Mihadjuks----------------------Munro--------------------------

---Tokely-----------------------------------------------------Djebi-Zadi--------

--------------------------Black--------------------Vigurs------------------------

---Morais---------------Rooney-------------------Foran----------Imrie---------

Subs: Fraser, Odhiambo, Duff, Duncan, Barrowman

A good attack style with the old Brazilian 4-2-4 formation with Tokely and Djebi-Zadi as wing wacks to make it a 2-4-4 in attack.

Edited by Renegade

Esson

Tokely, Munro, Mihadjuks, Djebi-Zadi

Morais, Black, Duncan, Vigurs

Foran, Imrie

subs: Fraser, McGuire, McBain, Byrne, Rooney

Edited by ajsict92

I notice Fernandez is still in the squad for Kilmarnock, despite getting sent off in the previous round. Surely that is a mistake? As if he was suspended for the league game after the Cup, then why was James McArthur (who was sent off for Hamilton v. Ross County the week before our game v. Hamilton) allowed to play against us in the league?

Here is the team news: Glad to see Taouil and Invincible could be missing...

Invincibile has an ankle knock while Taouil has a back strain, and both could miss the fifth-round tie at the Caledonian Stadium.

Allan Johnston and David Lilley are both back in training but Ryan O'Leary is at an earlier stage of his rehabilitation.

Kilmarnock (from): Combe, Fowler, Hay, Ford, Wright, Bryson, Gibson, Pascali, Taouil, Skelton, Kyle, Fernandez, Russell, Invincibile, Rascle, Simmonds, Hamill, Murray.

I notice Fernandez is still in the squad for Kilmarnock, despite getting sent off in the previous round. Surely that is a mistake? As if he was suspended for the league game after the Cup, then why was James McArthur (who was sent off for Hamilton v. Ross County the week before our game v. Hamilton) allowed to play against us in the league?

Here is the team news: Glad to see Taouil and Invincible could be missing...

Invincibile has an ankle knock while Taouil has a back strain, and both could miss the fifth-round tie at the Caledonian Stadium.

Allan Johnston and David Lilley are both back in training but Ryan O'Leary is at an earlier stage of his rehabilitation.

Kilmarnock (from): Combe, Fowler, Hay, Ford, Wright, Bryson, Gibson, Pascali, Taouil, Skelton, Kyle, Fernandez, Russell, Invincibile, Rascle, Simmonds, Hamill, Murray.

Fernandez was suspended for two SPL matches. McArthur was suspended for one Scottish cup match.

Incidently Black is suspended for one SPL game so thats him unavailable for DU

I was checking that as well, Alex. Blackie's suspension was a nasty surprise.

RossP, Fernandez was sent off for violent conduct which means he missed the next SPL game, whereas McArthur was dismissed for two bookable offences so he serves his suspension in the cup.

I have no idea why they make this distinction.

-----------Esson-----------------

Tokely Pavel Munro Dzebi-zadi

----------Duncan----------------

Black----McBain-----Foran-----

------Rooney Imrie ------------

Please no Proctor, I used to think he could only play right back but I now think he is rubbish in all positions.