FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Robbo Returns

JohnRobertson

Hi Robbo

Do you think that Inverness is beginning to become more attractive to players such as the Forans/Kerrs/Morais' etc that are looking to kick start their career again than in the past?

I feel it is beginning to get an even stronger image as the place to go to either build a career or put yourself back in the shop window. Would you agree with this or do you think the managers (Terry & Craig) influence play a larger part in the players coming than the actual club and city itself? Obviously the manager is always going to play a part however I just feel that the old it's too far north thing is beginning to get a little bit better.

tough one to be honest as said in the past i beleive you have to totally committed to the area manager and players and you will still get players who are wanting to play premier league who want to come wether to use club as springboard or just to be given the chance i wanted fuully committed players to play for the club the jersey and the fans i have settled here and know its wonderful part of the world but there is still an ignorance that we are back of beyond and i still think most players would prefer to play in central belt if they had a choice but the longer club stays in premeir league and can continue to biuld the more attractive it will become. the club has made huge strides when donald and i started we did not even have a washing machine for the kit!!!!

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to ask ........ just where DID you go on Open All Mics last week ? Richard Gordon was trying to find you at the final whistle and all we got was dead air .... Did Charlie Bannerman nobble your headphones, or was the queue for the toilets too long :rotflmao:

Anyhoo, nice to see you back and happy to answer questions on football in general ... especially now that the fans have been given a lift from the doom and gloom.

the club has made huge strides when donald and i started we did not even have a washing machine for the kit!!!!

Is that not what WAGS are for? :rotflmao:

You mentioned Pavel Mihajuks earlier - you have probably seen him a few times now. I agree that he has already shown to be an excellent asset and could go onto become another ICT defensive great.

From what you have seen of him what parts of his game do you reckon he needs to work on and how do you reckon he compares against some of the big centre-halfs we have had at the club in the past - Mann, Dods etc?

PS - I was also sorry to see you not get the job but as they say c'est la vie - anyway good luck with finding a new position that's right for you....

I have to ask ........ just where DID you go on Open All Mics last week ? Richard Gordon was trying to find you at the final whistle and all we got was dead air .... Did Charlie Bannerman nobble your headphones, or was the queue for the toilets too long :rotflmao:

Anyhoo, nice to see you back and happy to answer questions on football in general ... especially now that the fans have been given a lift from the doom and gloom.

Yeah heard that i got the all clear to go after i had done my full time report from the producer and Charlie was doing the interviews with the managers so i just packed up the unit and headed for the hills

Hi Robbo

Pleased to see you acknowledge Pavels has been a good signing....

Thinking about him, don't you think you were a wee bit unfair when you accused the ICT players of conning the ref as to where the alleged foul on Fernandez took place?

Wouldn't you also agree (with the benefit of tv replays) it was never a foul anyway - Pavells won the ball cleanly, then Fernandez took another 3 steps forward and collapsed in a heap inside the box - he should have been booked....

the club has made huge strides when donald and i started we did not even have a washing machine for the kit!!!!

Is that not what WAGS are for? :rotflmao:

now now birdog thats sexist but honestly its a differnt club now and its important we keep up its great to se the youth set we put in place bearing fruit now and the club in my opinion will continue to make strides forward only if we stay up

You mentioned Pavel Mihajuks earlier - you have probably seen him a few times now. I agree that he has already shown to be an excellent asset and could go onto become another ICT defensive great.

From what you have seen of him what parts of his game do you reckon he needs to work on and how do you reckon he compares against some of the big centre-halfs we have had at the club in the past - Mann, Dods etc?

PS - I was also sorry to see you not get the job but as they say c'est la vie - anyway good luck with finding a new position that's right for you....

as said i reckon very very good player does things simple looks ok in most areas quick enough good in air decent passer likes to tackle so i reckon more games get usedto the pace of game as bit faster than he is used to my only worry(not just pavel) is we would lose a lot if we went down but lets look at positive and stay up resign him and he could be another great cenntre half

Hi Robbo

Pleased to see you acknowledge Pavels has been a good signing....

Thinking about him, don't you think you were a wee bit unfair when you accused the ICT players of conning the ref as to where the alleged foul on Fernandez took place?

Wouldn't you also agree (with the benefit of tv replays) it was never a foul anyway - Pavells won the ball cleanly, then Fernandez took another 3 steps forward and collapsed in a heap inside the box - he should have been booked....

Johnboy as said earlier i call it as i see it and if you read the press reports everyone around us thought the same the linesmen and ref quoted as could not see lines either so wWITHOUT the benefit of tv no i dont think it was unfair as ref DID award before changing his mind Pavels did not (even after seing it on tv)win the ball he did take Fernandez legs it was a foul and no Fernandez should not have been booked

justice was seen to be served and as said having sen it in slow motion a few times and the red line on screen i hold my hands up but certainly was not anything other than an honest opinion

We've all done it, so give us YOUR team & tactics to play the next match...erm...Dundee United if you're not sure :rotflmao:

i cant see the team changing much from last week if everyone is fit we will need our land of the giants back 4 to cope with utd ariel threat i would like to see rooney start but cant see it same team same formation me thinks

Robbo, personally was disappointed not to see you take over, but as you've said all ready TB has had a good start and hopefully the right job will come up for you soon. On the Inverness job, given the tight time scale with the transfer window closing so soon after a new manager was named, did you have players lined up to come in if you had be appointed? Obviously you're not likely to mention any names on here, was just curious if you had any "done deals" on the condition of you getting the job

Robbo, personally was disappointed not to see you take over, but as you've said all ready TB has had a good start and hopefully the right job will come up for you soon. On the Inverness job, given the tight time scale with the transfer window closing so soon after a new manager was named, did you have players lined up to come in if you had be appointed? Obviously you're not likely to mention any names on here, was just curious if you had any "done deals" on the condition of you getting the job

thanks 007

yes i had spoken to two strikers one tall and experienced one small (roboish) type plus a left winger and spoke to Brian Kerr s agent on the off chance so subject to geting job plus board approval to sign them yes there were players ready

You going to take your good lady for a fantastic night out on May 23rd at Drumossie?

may 23rd Drummossie? you got me on that one Alex

Read and Blue Ball with Players Player of the Year and Fans Player of the Year awards

did not know anything about Alex but i think not sure we leave on holiday on the 20th to sunny crete but will keep an eye on that date

You've said that Rooney is the most natural goalscorer at the club and i agree.

Why do you think he has started such few games this season?

not sure caley stan i like him he looks a threat evvery time he comes on maybe needs a run of games but that is down to manager and coaches they may se another side that we dont

popping home now will hopefully be back online shortly

Hi John

As mentioned before by others, i was also sorry that you didnt get the managers role, but TB & Maurice have done well so far.

I'd like to ask you, do you think ICT have players that could or should be picked for a Scotland squad. I know some of our players have made the future squad, but i do believe we have players who can achieve an international place.

Chris

If ICT offered you a role as Director of Football would you be up for it?

inverness have a director of football and i think Graeme does a very good job being in the public eye is not easy and combining with another job is hard as well and as said i think the board have backed their managers wiyh money to sign players trust me manager and director of football are not easy jobs

Hi John

As mentioned before by others, i was also sorry that you didnt get the managers role, but TB & Maurice have done well so far.

I'd like to ask you, do you think ICT have players that could or should be picked for a Scotland squad. I know some of our players have made the future squad, but i do believe we have players who can achieve an international place.

Chris

at the moment apart from an on form ian black i cant see anyone getting near the national squad to be honest but in future i think if he continues to progress ian vigurs has a real chance and so could duff and shane sutherland but that is a long way off and they should be allowed to be nurtured along nice and easy

What do you plan to do with yourself Robbo?

Try and go lower a division for a job?

or carry on at orion?

will carry on at orion as football is very unpredictable in the respect that you never know when something is going to pop up to be fair orion have been very very supportive and know i would like to return to football when the right opportunity turns up and i appreciate ther support and backing and will work as hard as always to be a success in my current job