FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Brian Kerr Offski?

Jay_7

Kerr to Dundee from us was a no brainer really, it's been on the cards for some time. I am more concerned about the Leigh Griffiths story.

Dundee will romp the league this season.

Thats two things i totally agree with you on

Oh dear, we are not so different.... it seems you live just up the road from me and we have the same DOB... all be it I'm 30....

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He did show his capabilities when he joined but i don't think he is irreplaceable. What is dissapointing though is all our regular mids are now gone if Kerr does go. We are basically going to have to start from scratch in that department.

Kerr to Dundee from us was a no brainer really, it's been on the cards for some time. I am more concerned about the Leigh Griffiths story.

Thats two things i totally agree with you on

Oh dear, we are not so different.... it seems you live just up the road from me and we have the same DOB... all be it I'm 30....

Ok that really is odd getting

Really annoys me! I could understand him moving to an spl team but moving to a team who without him are no better than we are is just a pisstake, hope he breaks his leg. Well... bit extreme but i really hope he turns out to be ***** for them.

One word...... MONEY

I'm pretty sure I heard that Brian Kerr has signed for Dundee on Radio Scotland sports round-up this evening. Can't see anything confirming this online yet but seems like a done deal.

To be honest I'm not surprised in the slightest that he's gone but this surely confirms that we have neither the inclination nor the wherewithall to mount a serious challenge for promotion.

Can't really be bothered commenting on the frankly embarassing honorary president/vice president farce, the pitiful lack of communication from the club, our joke of a Director of Football, Butcher swanning about Sweden, the Vigurs fiasco or the multitude of general cluelessness we have to endure.

Suffice to say will the last man to leave please switch off the lights......

Careful ymip - you are beginning to sound and think like me. :lol: :023: :lol:

McBain and Duncan do not equal Kerr and Black - McBain and Duncan could well do a job fer us but who is going to be the playmaker - Imrie ? Proctor ?

Totally agree. Dundee have a strong squad already and if they do add Kerr, Griffiths and Harkins it's odds on that they will win the league.

Brian Kerr, the most anonymous man ever to wear the blue and red of ICT.

Other than (being very generous) the game at Pittodrie, I challenge anyone to re-watch a game and find one where he made more than 5 positive contributions. In the final game, we counted him "touch" the ball 3 times in the 2nd half, whcih is absolutely disgraceful for a central midfielder facing relegation, as well as redundancy on a personal level. Didn't ever tackle, chased the ball but held back, wasted it if it ever fell to his feet - what more can I say. Yes he ran after the ball a lot but held back, didn't ever win it, give me Duncan ANY DAY. His ability may be doubted by some but can few can doubt his effort or intentions (ay ok, I'm not saying it always pays off!) and I'd far rather have him this season than Kerr.

Let Dundee take him, let him waste a huge chunk of their wages and a key place in their squad in him and lets see what TB can come up with. DOn't anyone forget that Kerr was literally on the scrapheap of Scottyish football before he got lucky with us, trained with one of our relegation rivals but they weren't interested in signing him, albeit they were rather spoilt in middle of park.

Well, water will find it's own level and if he is ineffective at Dundee then so be it.

Frankly , in the general doom and gloom prevalent around this Forum these days I am afraid to comment in case I say what I think.

My mood is hardly an improvement and I am depressed and frankly apprehensive that we simply do not have the energy or firepower to get out of Div 1 this coming season.

But I am not going to slag off people just because I am down. Let these guys get on with it and judge them on results when they have had an oppoprtrunity to get over the inevitable sag in morale and emotion thatthey must also be experiencing fter you know what ....

C'mon for Pete's sake, give them all a break and let's all try and roll with the punches and get behind everybody at the club ---or we are really done for---and I don't mean for just one season!

JEEZ!! :thumb02:

I dont thing Dundee will romp it this year, they need time to gel, Ive noticed that if you change any more that 3 key player in your side the whole time needs time to get to know how they play, It will be dundees year next year.....

Gretna and Livi seemed to manage fine in the past.

Totally agree. Dundee have a strong squad already and if they do add Kerr, Griffiths and Harkins it's odds on that they will win the league.

I don't know what the latest on Harkins is. With McCall signing a new deal at Partick I am hopeful that he can convince Harkins to stay and therefore scupper Dundees chances of getting him. Will be a boost for the rest of us!

Gretna and Livi, Wooooshtastic surely......

:mellow:

So are we saying Butcher screwed up by signing him in the first place ?

I don't think anyone is saying that at all.

Gretna and Livi, Wooooshtastic surely......

:mellow:

So are we saying Butcher screwed up by signing him in the first place ?

I don't think anyone is saying that at all.

Gretna and Livi seemed to manage fine in the past.< and look where they are now...

Point taken and I'm sure Dundee are well aware of that. However it doesn't detract from the fact that after splashing loads of cash on players it didn't take long for either of those teams to gel before eventually steam rollering their way through their respective leagues.

Point taken and I'm sure Dundee are well aware of that. However it doesn't detract from the fact that after splashing loads of cash on players it didn't take long for either of those teams to gel before eventually steam rollering their way through their respective leagues.

thats also a very good point but the standard of players livi and Gretna brought in were above there station which helpd the steam rolling up, dungdee are only buying the leauges name no real massive signing above the standard of Div 1.. It will be very interesting to see how it plays out....

thats also a very good point but the standard of players livi and Gretna brought in were above there station which helpd the steam rolling up, dungdee are only buying the leauges name no real massive signing above the standard of Div 1.. It will be very interesting to see how it plays out....

Yup on paper it looks all Dundee, but then again football is a funny old game!!

Really annoys me! I could understand him moving to an spl team but moving to a team who without him are no better than we are is just a pisstake, hope he breaks his leg. Well... bit extreme but i really hope he turns out to be ***** for them.

One word...... MONEY

Thats three :mellow:

One Word ........ MONEY

..^....^.................^

One..Two...........Three

Shame he is leaving... maybe. Seems to be one of our better players and would be what we needed in division 1.

Edited by caleymad

But buying the league names is pretty much what Livi did (and Gretna albeit to a lesser extent). I mind when Livi lost 2 or 3 nil to Raith Rovers then went and signed Marvin Andrews, Steve Tosh and Alex Burns off them about a week later for less than ?100k. They signed Barry Wilson and Mark McCulloch (and later David Xausa) from ourselves. You could easily argue that players like Griffiths and Harkins are similar signings to Dundee as they also look to hoover up the best of the rest.

I'm no to bothered about him leaving but I am not happy that he has. We resurrected his career and he leaves as soon as possible he is only lucky that he is not rated by most of our fans or he would deservedly be getting dog's abuse.

I mind when Livi lost 2 or 3 nil to Raith Rovers then went and signed Marvin Andrews, Steve Tosh and Alex Burns off them about a week later for less than ?100k.
65K for the lot if I remember correctly ..... Raith were in financial doo-doo and had little choice but to accept.