FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Tokely's broken hand blow

WYNESS101

Duncan has filled in at right back a few times now.

Nooooooooooooooo!

The times I've seen him there were catastrophic. One at Tynecastle makes me shudder.

You may find this hard to believe, but Russell was actually signed as a STRIKER at Aberdeen. It was Ebe "pass the malt" Skovdhal who switched him to a midfield role. :blink: :icon_police: :lol:

Duncan has filled in at right back a few times now.

Nooooooooooooooo!

The times I've seen him there were catastrophic. One at Tynecastle makes me shudder.

You may find this hard to believe, but Russell was actually signed as a STRIKER at Aberdeen. It was Ebe "pass the malt" Skovdhal who switched him to a midfield role. :blink: :icon_police: :lol:

This was discussed on Saturday. Russell, I think, holds several records for goalscoring in Aberdeen youth leagues and represented Scotland as a striker in the Under 16s. Amazing really, I can only think of one goal he's scored from inside the box since we signed him.

I'd find it easier to believe he was once a goalkeeper rather than a striker! He's done well to abandon ALL of his attacking skills and instincts, and focus on his midfield role.

This might explain some of his passing, mind you: as a striker he was probably used to being through on goal and thinking, "Right, I've got to put it at least three yards either side of this guy"...

Edited by alternative maryhill

I remember when Cox was signed, a lot on here were up in arms about this, as some thought, (as i did) he was getting signed to play as RB and have Rossco moved to CB and this at the time was the worst news in the world... now however as I've said on another thread, a change is as good as a rest so I dont see much wrong with moving Cox in, and on Rosscos return have him stay RB and move Rossco in to CB.. and play around with who we have, lets be honst now, we wont be going up this year so why now mix and match to find our formations and mix it up.

I strikes me that we always find it hard to counter the oppositions Subbing and formation changes so why not wee how we'd mix it up.... tactics people.