FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Up and coming moves or not

Georgeios

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The sad part of all this is that we are actually very close to having a squad of players who could be more than capable of reaching the SPL and staying there.

It's been said on other threads.... the addition of a couple of experienced defenders, coupled with improved coaching methods and better tactical awareness would take ICT a long way forward.

When do we need to stop paying Barrowload since he never seems to get used? That should free up a bit of cash. We should probably cash in on Imrie as well in January and get the ?3-4 Million that he's worth. I know he loves playing for this club and a move away from the North will hurt him bad but, we need to put the club first.

Heheh You are a wag!

The scary bit, which is in the Courier report, but not in the P and J one, is that "We will listen to offers for established players". All are for sale. Even two wins in the next games wil not stop the shop from opening, and cheap at that. Someone somewhere has made a comittment to cost cutting and comensurately Div 1 consolidation until a new sugar daddy shows up.

When do we need to stop paying Barrowload since he never seems to get used? That should free up a bit of cash. We should probably cash in on Imrie as well in January and get the ?3-4 Million that he's worth. I know he loves playing for this club and a move away from the North will hurt him bad but, we need to put the club first.

Heheh You are a wag!

The scary bit, which is in the Courier report, but not in the P and J one, is that "We will listen to offers for established players". All are for sale. Even two wins in the next games wil not stop the shop from opening, and cheap at that. Someone somewhere has made a comittment to cost cutting and comensurately Div 1 consolidation until a new sugar daddy shows up.

Well pray i win the lottery then! :P

All the arrows point to the target of a club with tremendous financial challenges.

Unless ICT can get 6 points from their next two matches one cannot help but have the feeling that the Board should resign themselves to not winning promotion to the SPL in 2010, consolidating the finances as much as possible by transferring out some players in January, if possible, for reasonable fees then plan the coaching for next season being in the 1st Division.

This re-grouping could take time.

The finacial pressures might not allow for any other scenario to raise its head prior to the end of the season. Of course, if Caley Thistle soon begin to win all their matches that might prove to be an even bigger problem for the Board because they might feel that the next season in the SPL may bankrupt them as things stand at the moment.

Not the most enviable of challenges for this Board.

Frankly , folks, running down the Board, the Manager, or the players at this crucial juncture in the history off our team will solve absolutely nothing and will only add to the problems of the club. :024:

just a thought.

I think it was touched on by another thread, but how are we ment to attract others when we come out and say things like this, basicly... we're not that bothered if we keep you or now......

You would have thought the muppets would have learned their lesson with Cowie and Black. The amount of money we've received in transfer fees over the years is laughable, especially when you consider how many talented young players we've had on our books. If we had a competent director of football we'd be falling over ourselves to sign Hayes, Odiambo, Cox etc on 2 or 3 year contracts. As it is, we're going to lose them all for nothing to the likes of Dundee or Motherwell, who'll probably go on to re-sell them for hundreds of thousands of pounds. Business as usual.

When's the penny going to drop with our fans?

1) We can't afford to keep these players on, unless they take significant wage cuts.

2) Good players won't want to commit to a mediocre mid-table first division club if they think they can do better.

3) We are going to have a new management team in place within 6 months, so there's no point extending Butcher's failing team. Let the new manager pick his own squad and rebuild.

1) We can't afford to keep these players on, unless they take significant wage cuts.

How much can the likes of Hayes, Cox etc be on considering they had never played a professional game before they joined us? I sincerely doubt they can be on that much, or that our replacements from the Scottish 1st or 2nd will be that much cheaper.

2) Good players won't want to commit to a mediocre mid-table first division club if they think they can do better.

They aren't that good for the the most part. They have potential to be so. I doubt Cox, Hayes, Eric or Rooney would get a regular SPL game (or equivalent), so can they do better? Offer them virtually guaranteed first-team football and at the heart of the rebuilding and you might see a different answer.

3) We are going to have a new management team in place within 6 months, so there's no point extending Butcher's failing team. Let the new manager pick his own squad and rebuild.

Which is why the next manager should be speaking to the club about players he'd want to keep on. Besides, every single manger in history has had to work with players from a previous manager. Bringing in an entirely new team is insane.

They aren't that good for the the most part. They have potential to be so. I doubt Cox, Hayes, Eric or Rooney would get a regular SPL game (or equivalent), so can they do better? Offer them virtually guaranteed first-team football and at the heart of the rebuilding and you might see a different answer.

I'd say Hayes is good enough for the SPL.

1) Can we afford to let them go for free? Even if they are sold at a bargain basement price then it's something... because of the bosman ruling we have no sellable assets if we don't offer longer contracts. I'm not suggesting every player we signed at the start of the season deserves the contract extension but the management should be able to tell by now which players will attract a fee i.e. Hayes, Foran & Bully

2) Depends on whether they are made to feel wanted by the club... at the moment these players will be without a job come May. I'm sure they would agree to have contract extensions with buy-out clauses if need be

3) The new manager wont have money to spend and no players to sell to generate capital if we don't look to offer longer contracts. Grassa is employed to look out for the well-being of the club after any management team is replaced... or what else is he at the club for??

I could see the thinking of 1 year contracts at the start of the season to find out we weren't taking on a load of duds but now the management/club can see which players are performing/carrying value, they should be creating contracts to match that.... this all or nothing attitude is going to see us bust

Edited by Harry Chibber

I seriously doubt we will get a fee for Bully, his contract is up in about a fortnight.

Players we would get a fee for would be the likes of Hayes and Foran yes. Wouldnt be suprised if we got one for Imrie as there may be a few SPL teams keen on him.

The 1 year thing has been successful in which it has helped us see who has made an impression and who is a complete dud.

One thing we HAVE to do in January is try and get rid of Barrowman, before he bleeds us dry of money. It is obvious he is not going to feature and i don't see us losing Rooney or Foran.

Edited by ajsict92

I seriously doubt we will get a fee for Bully, his contract is up in about a fortnight.

Players we would get a fee for would be the likes of Hayes and Foran yes. Wouldnt be suprised if we got one for Imrie as there may be a few SPL teams keen on him.

The 1 year thing has been successful in which it has helped us see who has made an impression and who is a complete dud.

One thing we HAVE to do in January is try and get rid of Barrowman, before he bleeds us dry of money. It is obvious he is not going to feature and i don't see us losing Rooney or Foran.

I was suggesting we get Bully on a longer contract because he will fetch a fee at somepoint (not now when he is out of contract in 2 weeks!) .. only 22 and a very talented player IMO

There is no point in using the 1 yr contracts to see who has made an impression and then not sign them for a longer duration... we're just advertising them to the rest of the league

agreed, I had high hopes for Barrowman this year but Butcher obviously doesn't fancy him so he is just taking up wages at the moment

I was suggesting we get Bully on a longer contract because he will fetch a fee at somepoint (not now when he is out of contract in 2 weeks!) .. only 22 and a very talented player IMO

There is no point in using the 1 yr contracts to see who has made an impression and then not sign them for a longer duration... we're just advertising them to the rest of the league

agreed, I had high hopes for Barrowman this year but Butcher obviously doesn't fancy him so he is just taking up wages at the moment

Suppose. Though i would rather do the 1 year deal thing that not get any new players. I agree about Bull. He is a talented player. I hope they do extend his deal.

I'd be quite happy if next seasons (assuming we stay in Div 1) looked something like this. I think Roy has reached the end of the road and his lack of involvement this season probably proves this. Fantastic servant but can't see him being offered a further deal. Golly probably falls into the same category but the lack of any other defensive cover means I included him in the squad players.

Key Players

Ryan Esson

David Proctor

Grant Munro

Ross Tokely

Russell Duncan

Richie Foran

Jonny Hayes

Adam Rooney

Danni Sanchez

Dougie Imrie

Squad Players

Lee Cox

Stuart Golabek

Eric Odhiambo

Nauris Bulvitis

Kyle Allison

Nick Ross

Jamie Duff

Gavin Morrison

Graeme Shinnie

Shane Sutherland

Free to go?

Lionel Djebi-Zadi

Daniel Stratford

Andrew Barrowman

Robert Eagle

Roy McBain

Edited by Bridge_Ender

Mine is:

Key Players

Ryan Esson

David Proctor

Grant Munro

Ross Tokely

Russell Duncan unless we get Gary Mason or Stuart Duff - both much better

Richie Foran yes, but I doubt he'll stay

Jonny Hayes

Adam Rooney

Danni Sanchez

Dougie Imrie I suspect he'd rather play in the SPL

Squad Players

Lee Cox promoted to key player. He's still young but could go far.

Stuart Golabek only needed as an emergency. Let's look to younger players at lower clubs

Eric Odhiambo

Nauris Bulvitis

Kyle Allison

Nick Ross - yes, but give him a lot more games. He looked good pre-season.

Jamie Duff

Gavin Morrison

Graeme Shinnie - should be given more of a chance now

Shane Sutherland

Free to go?

Lionel Djebi-Zadi

Daniel Stratford

Andrew Barrowman

Robert Eagle

Roy McBain

Reading between the lines of Butcher's statement at the top of this thread, I get the impression that if we lose our next two games, offers will be considered for all the players listed above who are under contract.

Those who's contracts run out in January will be free to leave the club. By the end of January our sqaud could bear little or no resemblance to the present squad.

Key Players

Ryan Esson

David Proctor

Grant Munro

Ross Tokely

Richie Foran

Jonny Hayes

Adam Rooney

Danni Sanchez

Squad Players

Roy McBain

Lee Cox

Stuart Golabek

Eric Odhiambo

Nauris Bulvitis

Kyle Allison

Nick Ross

Jamie Duff

Gavin Morrison

Graeme Shinnie

Shane Sutherland

Robert Eagle

Free to go?

Lionel Djebi-Zadi

Daniel Stratford

Andrew Barrowman

Russell Duncan

Dougie Imrie

Fixed.

Players we need to exstend from a busness point of view and our future point of view!!

Johnny Hayes / Lee Cox / Bull / Eagles / Ross / Rooney / Morrison / Sanchez / Duff.

All young so not on massive money just yet, so before the bigger clubs come in, get them signed on for a few quid more drop the likes of Barrowloads and Imire use there money to tempt the above to sign a longer contract with clauses like, if we go up we'll raise your wages, if you score we'll gee you a wee pie or two, if your keep it clean we'll give you a pint or two... then they play there socks off to make a name for themselfs, to make a few extra perks then if they play up to the leauge happydays if they make names in the 1st them they make us a couple off quid, correct me if im wrong but isnt that running a club for dummys?

Also that way the Older ones are playing for there place look at Duncan, Munro, Rossco, Mcbain, they are getting old and long in the tooth and let be honest, how many other clubs have ever come in for them, but they play like we owe them a favour or two... so its a win win, our young ones are playing to eather say or move on for more money, and the old ones are playing to keep the high ground or get a job in Tescos.....

Edited by Georgeios

I would be surprised if Barrowman were "bleeding the club dry" I'm sure it will be in his contract that if we went down from the SPL then his wages drop. Surely the board aren't that careless. Although what the fans and people who care about the club and city want, is vastly different from what the self obsessed man who runs the city wants. If he can't be a success he wont let anyone else be one!

I would be surprised if Barrowman were "bleeding the club dry" I'm sure it will be in his contract that if we went down from the SPL then his wages drop. Surely the board aren't that careless. Although what the fans and people who care about the club and city want, is vastly different from what the self obsessed man who runs the city wants. If he can't be a success he wont let anyone else be one!

Yes, they really are. Marius ring any bells?

Great post , nail on head :021: :)

Great post , nail on head :021: :)

end of the day!! yes start from scratch!! but the board will not want to come out and say, yes the fans want it too so lets clear the decks and go back to basics, what made us a fantastic team in the first place!!! having somthing with nothing, now we have nothing from everything!! so yes if that was the case but that lot being the way they are.... Ill stand by my wish lists for staying and going. i'd hate to think the likes of Cox and Hayes are on big money seen as they were second choice in the second (reserves) team of lower leauge teams....