FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Will Walter listen to Rossco

Alex MacLeod

Unfortunately i don't think Walter will listen to Rossco's pleas. Walter seems happy enough to pick players from his back garden and rarely if ever ventures North to see us play. How Walter can continually pick Marshall ahead of Brown when he's not playing regular first team football remains a mystery to me. Brown should be at very least 3rd choice national keeper.

Rossco has got it spot on, It's pure laziness that Walter Smith doesn't come see us play and Mark Brown is more than capable of filling for the poor Graeme Smith

What is likely to happen though is now that Rangers are playing a Scottish keeper he will get a call-up and Broonie will be over-looked again

yet another reason why 'ambitious' players may not see their future with ICT ... If you are good enough for the national setup, it shouldnt matter what team you play for .... but the criteria seems to still be that you have to be both good enough and play your football south of Perth.

yet another reason why 'ambitious' players may not see their future with ICT ... If you are good enough for the national setup, it shouldnt matter what team you play for .... but the criteria seems to still be that you have to be both good enough and play your football south of Perth.

I wouldnt even say that being good enough is in Walters criteria just now, Graeme Smith is a prime example, i'm not taking away from the fact he's a good keeper but Brown has been outstanding for the past few seasons and clearly merits a place in the squad before Smith

I wouldn't have been very happy to make a 300 mile round trip to watch what was on offer on Saturday. Absolutely no reason why Walter shouldn't see our lads when they are playing away..... He would also see a much better performance as well........ :003: :003:

Rossco has got it spot on, It's pure laziness that Walter Smith doesn't come see us play and Mark Brown is more than capable of filling for the poor Graeme Smith

What is likely to happen though is now that Rangers are playing a Scottish keeper he will get a call-up and Broonie will be over-looked again

Totally agree Harry, theres a good chance McGregor will get called up and then when he's demoted back to third choice keeper at rangers he'll still keep his space in the Scotland squad.  :017:

I wouldn't have been very happy to make a 300 mile round trip to watch what was on offer on Saturday. Absolutely no reason why Walter shouldn't see our lads when they are playing away..... He would also see a much better performance as well........ :003: :003:

Part and parcel of being an international manager though.

Isn't it a bit naive to assume that Mark Brown hasn't been watched by Walter Smith or at least by members of his backroom staff already 

If that is the case then please tell me how they can justify selecting Graeme 'Grim' Smith ahead of Mark Brown as I truly cannot figure that one out.

I am not naive enough to think that Brown would be selected as the #1 keeper - to suggest this is looking through truly ICT tinted specs. I wouldnt even be upset if he wasnt in the squad because Walter had half a dozen keepers turning in performances that would keep him out of the squad. However that is clearly not the case ... Mark Brown has turned in exceptional performances for ICT since the day he signed for us. He had one dip in form that lasted for a few games but that is it, the rest of the time he has been immense.

I don't know about whether he is the second best keeper but surely he is entitled to a shot at the squad, for a friendly at the very least!  David Marshall and Graeme Smith are both ***** yet are consistently included.  Craig Gordon is obviously better than Brown and I haven't seen Alexander play for years so can't comment on him.

was walter smith not mark browns manager at rangers ? he knows all about him then doesnt he ?  he obviously just doesnt rate him , nuff said

I think it would be fair to say that Broonie has improved in ability over the years since he was at rangers. Surely walter isnt basing his selection on his rating of Broonie while he was at rangers??

Guest kingkojak

It's a Scotland team, not a 'central belt' select. The blue nose should be travelling round the whole country looking at players.

the aberdeen fans have the same gripe about russel anderson not getting selected when, according to them, he is outstanding week in week out.