FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Charlie Christie

Mrs Pauliebee

I'm not arsed that Charlie doesn't pat the players on the back - the players are grown men, not bairns.  Roy Keane wrote in his autobiography that when he played for Nottingham Forest he made a mistake and at half time Brian Clough punched him in the face in the dressing room, it hardly did him or NFFC any harm.

Yes, because Roy Keane is a completely balanced individual isn't he! :017:

Brewster did his motivating on the park, when he started to lace up his boots, *rses started to shift and the game was lifted.

It even happened with our guys against them, the minute he came on, they had this "He's not getting past me mentality".

Charlie obviously can't do that, so he needs to be more vocal - IMHO!

The current coaching staff are trying to encourage a more fluid and entertaining system of play which is not quite woring at present in particular there seems to be a problem with midfield linking with attack.

However, there are encouraging signs and it's very early in the season to be too critical. I believe that things will come good and that we will acheiv a respectable mid table finish which, with our resourses, has got to be rgarded as success.

Why doesnt CC pat their feckin erses or cup their spectacles on the way off or get Mrs Paulie Bee to do it for him.  :015: :015: :015: :015: :015:

BELIEVE - Rankin will come good and so will Dargo - and so will McAllister.

The most important revelation in this thread is Cold John Smiths in the Innes.  :010: :010:

No! No!,  IHE ..what you mean is that he should make a spectacle of patting their cups

----------and thus instill some REAL ENERGIEeeeeeeeeee  into them? :015:

And let us all not forget on this our morn of May that CC is not on the park and it IS the responsibility of the players once the game starts to produce maximum effort etc :012:

Perhaps we could send some cold John Smiths from the Innes up to the home dug-out next saturday....that might do the trick.

Come to think of it perhaps some reverse psychology is needed send it to the DA dug-out......

So far as the 'old boys club' goes at ICT, to me a local mafia is no bad thing in keeping the clubs highland identity. I like hearing the gentle inversnecky accent on the old wireless when CC or Grassa are being interviewed. I can relate to it.

As for wanting the manager to rant, rave and throw things about,  it's something which I don't think comes naturally to most highlanders, and as for having a boss who dances about shouting and swearing at you whilst you're doing your job, I wouldn't want that at my work, would you. Those clowns might make for good fly on the wall reality tv, but most sensible people can't be bothered with it.