FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Hypothetical Transfers

BornCaley

Just curious! If Aberdeen were to bid for Foran & Rooney ( although most of us very much doubt it), how much do we think they are worth. Baring in mind that Rooney and Foran have bagged 25 and 13 goals this season.

Personally I think Rooney would command a fee of 150k - 200k and Foran 100k

What do we think? and before all the nutters reply with their caustic & " i know best" comments Its only a hypothetical question. No-one on here really knows

Edited by BornCaley

Just curious! If Aberdeen were to bid for Foran & Rooney ( although most of us very much doubt it), how much do we think they are worth. Baring in mind that Rooney and Foran have bagged 25 and 13 goals this season.

What do we think? and before all the nutters reply with their caustic & " i know best" comments Its only a hypothetical question. No-one on here really knows

Foran is out of contract in the summer

If everyone was signed up, I reckon

Foran ?100'000

Rooney ?250'000

Hayes ?150'000

Cox ?100'000

Duncan ?60'000

Esson ?200'000

Munro ?100'000

Tokely ?80'000

Golly ?10'000

Proctor ?70'000

Odhiambo ?50'000

Sanchez ?50'000

McBain ?5'000

Eagle ?20'000

Stratford ?15'000

I plucked these out of my :frustrated01: but I can't be that far off, can I?

A little bit ambitious I think.

Remember we are the club who sold prize assets like Robson, Rankin and Cowie etc etc etc for a fraction of there true value!

?50,000 (I think) for Cowie was one of the worst decision we ever made. He could have easily helped us get the 1 extra point we needed to stay in the SPL - that decision cost us at least 10 times that figure in lost revenue this year I would bet. Also, what is he worth now that he has 2 Scotland caps?

Most of our players are out of contract this summer anyway so the argument is mute, but lets not kid ourselves - if any club phoned Bennett and offered over ?50,000 for any of our players I guarantee he would snap their hands off.

Btw, how many of our players do we actually have signed for next season - I think we have Esson, Duncan, Rooney, Shinnie, and Ross but how many more?

Remember we are the club who sold prize assets like Robson, Rankin and Cowie etc etc etc for a fraction of there true value!

?50,000 (I think) for Cowie was one of the worst decision we ever made. He could have easily helped us get the 1 extra point we needed to stay in the SPL - that decision cost us at least 10 times that figure in lost revenue this year I would bet. Also, what is he worth now that he has 2 Scotland caps?

Most of our players are out of contract this summer anyway so the argument is mute, but lets not kid ourselves - if any club phoned Bennett and offered over ?50,000 for any of our players I guarantee he would snap their hands off.

Btw, how many of our players do we actually have signed for next season - I think we have Esson, Duncan, Rooney, Shinnie, and Ross but how many more?

I agree with you on that Stomach...thank god we have TB managing this club. I think he's the kind of manager to put the fear of god into the board. I get the impression he'e very protective of his players and would smash doors down to stop them leaving for a song. Im sure a few on here only have to site the Niculae situation; he was worth more than we got for him IMO.

[/quote

what ever a club will pay and whatever Caley will accept but i would add another ?50k on to both.

personnaly i think both will stay with Caley they will be gaurenteed first team football then maybe caps

I'm struggling to think of recent examples of First Division players selling for a 6 figure transfer fees.

I think Leeds were taking 6 figure sums for Griffiths & Harkins at Dundee so its not too " out there" but it shouldt be; the 1st Div has some great players who provide better entertainment than some of their SPL counterparts

what ever a club will pay and whatever Caley will accept but i would add another ?50k on to both.

personnaly i think both will stay with Caley they will be gaurenteed first team football then maybe caps

:blink: ;) Sorry but are you saying if Rooney and Foran stay with Caley they might get caled up to the Ireland squad?? I don't think they are quite international class!

:blink: ;) Sorry but are you saying if Rooney and Foran stay with Caley they might get caled up to the Ireland squad?? I don't think they are quite international class!

As they say 'never a truer word said than in jest' - it could be that we may have some representation at an international level again in May.... we shall have to wait and see.... :lol:

I wonder if we had have kept all our star players in the last say 7 years, where we would be financially? Surely the money gained from cup runs and SPL places would justify signing players on long contracts (ahem, leaving the barrowman debate out of it) relative to what we lost due to relegation and poor cup runs?

A year ago I would have paid you to take Rooney away..........now, no chance, what a transformation and 25 goals in the bag this season.

If Aberdeen or anybody else came courting Rooney then it's time for our nicey,nicey board and DOF to get tough and quote them a ridiculous figure and scare them off.

100K for Rooney and for Foran? Get out of here. There is no chance that they are ever worth that to another club. Rooney is certainly unproven at a higher level, and if he performs well in the SPL then he might just be worth that much.

I think you are kidding yourself of the worth of Scottish football. We are looked at as being very small, and as such our players don't have the oomph and as such don't drive high prices. If Foran and Rooney were to become internationals (which is NOT going to happen, especially for the Republic whilst Keane is there) then we could get a higher price, but as it stands...no chance.

As they say 'never a truer word said than in jest' - it could be that we may have some representation at an international level again in May.... we shall have to wait and see.... :lol:

The only way we are ever going to have international representation in May is if we sign a new player or if Odhiambo goes and plays for Tanzania which he does in football manager!! I reckon he could get into their squad since most of their players play in the Tanzanian leagues. But there is not a chance any of our Irish players will be called up to Republic squad.

Edited by Joe DiMaggio

:rolleyes::rolleyes: Sorry but are you saying if Rooney and Foran stay with Caley they might get caled up to the Ireland squad?? I don't think they are quite international class!

As they say 'never a truer word said than in jest' - it could be that we may have some representation at an international level again in May.... we shall have to wait and see.... :023:

The only way we are ever going to have international representation in May is if we sign a new player or if Odhiambo goes and plays for Tanzania which he does in football manager!! I reckon he could get into their squad since most of their players play in the Tanzanian leagues. But there is not a chance any of our Irish players will be called up to Republic squad.

Lets bear in mind here that Rooney is only 22 and Hayes is 23 i think. They still have their best years ahead of them so they could still possibly play for Ireland. Odihambo's brother plays for Tanzania, even though he plays at a lower level than him. Odi should be playing for them.

Not forgetting Imrie who went for a song yet was Man of the Match for Hamilton last saturday.

We need to get our best players signed up right now or else we will be coming straight back down again at the end of next season.

:rolleyes::rolleyes: Sorry but are you saying if Rooney and Foran stay with Caley they might get caled up to the Ireland squad?? I don't think they are quite international class!

As they say 'never a truer word said than in jest' - it could be that we may have some representation at an international level again in May.... we shall have to wait and see.... :023:

I think you may then as they say 'be pleasantly surprised....' :D

Oh Tichy, you tease....

Oh Tichy, you tease....

I know what it is, Foran is going to be the new Republic manager.

Just seen on the bbc website that middlesbrough have signed andrew halliday from livi for ?200,000 (and yes, that does say ?200,000)

If he is worth that for a team in the 3rd division, and lets be honest, livi should have trounced everyone in that league and won it way before they did, then how much is rooney/hayes/cox/foron worth? If a 3rd division player is worth ?200,000 then surely the players listed above should be worth ?300,000 plus!

Thoughts?

Depends on his contract. Given Cox was only on a 1 year deal then his value might not have been so high compared to Halliday.

Mind you, it must also be kept in mind that Strachan paid ?500k for Lee Miller :lol: