FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Signing News!

Bombabim

Caution lads and lasses.

If Hayes or Foran etc have a very good season in the SPL you can be sure that there will be other clubs after them like bees buzzing round a honeypot. At the very least if the carrot dangled in front of the ICT Management happens then the consolation would be that the sums of money involved will surely be substantial which would , of course, do no harm to the club's strength. But------what we all want is that the players stay at ICT and do the business.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roscoe will surely sign won't he? If we hadn't gone up this season, then at this stage of his career he may have wanted one last shot in the top league and gone elsewhere. But to be back in the top flight with ICT must be a great reason to extend.

Great news on the 3 deals!

The only possible way I could see Rossco leaving is if a very good 3 year deal was put in front of him. The kind that would set him up nicely for retirement. Or if Im right in thinking this, he is a Jambo yeah? If they wanted a new defender he might be tempted.

So I'd be right in thinking we have Odi, Foran, Cox, Rooney, Munro and, eh Duncan(?) for next season.

We now need IMO Tokely, Hayes, Proctor, Esson, Bulvitis and Duff perhaps too (Dont know his status) and another year for Sanchez. Hopefully get promising youngsters like Sutherland/Shinnie/Morrison secured for the future. This would give around a 1st team squad of 16 to build upon. I've probably missed some really obvious names out. Ooops just in case

As much as I like and respect Golly and Roy, Im not sure they've got it for the SPL anymore though Im sure more regular attenders of games than me would be better suited to judge that. They would offer invaluable experience of the SPL and are part of the club. They would at least offer excellent cover but we need to secure other players to compete in their positions I would think.

Surprised McBain is getting a new deal after being excluded for the whole season (virtually).

Bulvitis? Hmmm, maybe. Depends on the cost. We need someone better IMO. Mihadjuks springing to mind.

Ideally i would love both to stay but if i had to choose i would defnitely take back Mihadjuks.

So the only ones I've not seen mentioned as being offered new contracts (that's not to say they haven't, or won't be, offered one) are Bulvitus, Djebi-Zadi, Eagle, and Stratford.

Of those I'd certainly keep Bulvitus, as he's improved as the season's progressed, and he's still very young.

Eagle....thought he was mince when I first saw him, but he's done well in the latter part of the season, so aye, I'd give him a chance.

Lionel, Stratford....nah.

No idea what the position with the younger players like Duff, Morrison etc is.

Edited by davieB

Surprised McBain is getting a new deal after being excluded for the whole season (virtually).

Bulvitis? Hmmm, maybe. Depends on the cost. We need someone better IMO. Mihadjuks springing to mind.

McBain has obviously shown the right stuff during his abscence amd subsequent return.

Agree about Bulvitis. I feel that Darren Dods was never really replaced.

Roscoe will surely sign won't he? If we hadn't gone up this season, then at this stage of his career he may have wanted one last shot in the top league and gone elsewhere. But to be back in the top flight with ICT must be a great reason to extend.

The only possible way I could see Rossco leaving is if a very good 3 year deal was put in front of him. The kind that would set him up nicely for retirement. Or if Im right in thinking this, he is a Jambo yeah? If they wanted a new defender he might be tempted.

So I'd be right in thinking we have Odi, Foran, Cox, Rooney, Munro and, eh Duncan(?) for next season.

We now need IMO Tokely, Hayes, Proctor, Esson, Bulvitis and Duff perhaps too (Dont know his status) and another year for Sanchez. Hopefully get promising youngsters like Sutherland/Shinnie/Morrison secured for the future. This would give around a 1st team squad of 16 to build upon. I've probably missed some really obvious names out. Ooops just in case

As much as I like and respect Golly and Roy, Im not sure they've got it for the SPL anymore though Im sure more regular attenders of games than me would be better suited to judge that. They would offer invaluable experience of the SPL and are part of the club. They would at least offer excellent cover but we need to secure other players to compete in their positions I would think.

When did Ross become a Jambo. I always thought his sympathy's lay with Aberdeen.

As for the likes of Golly, Roy etc. I think we need them more for motivating and mothering the younger players. Keeping them on their toes etc. Also will we need a reserve team?

I think, especially in the case of Golabek that he could really struggle in the SPL; I could really see him targetted by pacy wingers and think maybe he would struggle with fitness in the top tier.

When did Ross become a Jambo. I always thought his sympathy's lay with Aberdeen.

As for the likes of Golly, Roy etc. I think we need them more for motivating and mothering the younger players. Keeping them on their toes etc. Also will we need a reserve team?

Mo was full of praise for Roy last night, commenting on how dedicated and professional he has remained even though he wasn't in the frame for a game until the other week. The fact he was taken out of the "deep freeze" and slotted straight in and gave a performance which provided no hint of his lack of match practice certainly seems to have impressed the management.