FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Kyle Allison - released ?

staggy4life

Esson seems to me to be a bit of a noise up merchant, always looking for a wind up. I'd take what he says with to you in a pub with a few drinks with a good pinch of salt!

Mike Fraser returning though? No thanks. Don't rate him as a keeper, only real strength is shot stopping and that is only to be expected for an SPL keeper. The rest of his game is sorely lacking and I think he'll be very lucky to get himself a full time contract anywhere now.

To be honest I'm not surprised at this. I think I'm right in saying Kyle is over 21 so couldn't feature for U-21 squad. We are going into a new level so need to start with someone who is challenging Ryan 100%. Kyle just hasn't, through no fault of his own, had a chance to gain enough experience to step up. With Mike, he had U-21 and reserve football so was starting every week for those. He then took the chance of the step up and didn't do too bad considering he was still young and learning. Most of the great goalies dont reach their best form till they're nearer their thirties. It is the one position that is really difficult to break into at a young age. A keeper has so much more to learn than anyone else.

Both Mike and Kyle may turn out to be great keepers in a few years time but now we need experience. Mark Brown on a seasons loan wouldn't be a bad thing to get us started.

wouldn't want Fraser back. I remember a howler of a game at Pittodrie a couple of seasons ago in the cup. And everyone must have seen his exploits a few weeks ago. if not will probably see them sometime in the future on a sporting horror show! mark Brown would be an okay no2

• 3 weeks later...