FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Tokely destination

TheKnowledge

Glad he has decided to stay. Love him or hate him, rate him or not (and I am firmly in the pro-Tokely camp), he has been a stalwart for Caley Thistle for 14 years and it wouldnt seem right not to see him in the squad. I had heard of the Chinese offer from a phione call I received last weekend and had kept my fingers crossed he would reject it.

Seems we should also give Pele some measure of thanks. Pele has been his mentor and by the sounds of it a somewhat unofficial career advisor since he was 17 years old and I was somewhat perturbed with the comments he made when we asked him for some quotes for the article we did for Ross' 500th appearance. He strongly hinted that Ross would leave if we didnt get back to the SPL and also suggested he may seek a new challenge anyway. But according to the Highland News, it was Pele who also told him that being back in the SPL with ICT was also a fresh challenge ...... Cheers Stevie !!!!

http://www.highland-news.co.uk/news/fullst...ve_for_ICT.html

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well sounds definite now but still nothing on the offical site :ictscarf:

Delighted to have Tokely on board.

The official site seems to take forever to update, it's the last place I check for ICT news.

Interesting that he still consults Steve Paterson but probably a sensible thing to do, particularly regarding the pros and cons of playing abroad.

Until I read his book, I hadn't realised what a trans-continental career Pele had had.

Glad he has decided to stay. Love him or hate him, rate him or not (and I am firmly in the pro-Tokely camp), he has been a stalwart for Caley Thistle for 14 years and it wouldnt seem right not to see him in the squad. I had heard of the Chinese offer from a phione call I received last weekend and had kept my fingers crossed he would reject it.

I wonder if Beijing Gouan were the team after him. They do have Maurice Ross at the moment. His influence perhaps?

Well sounds definite now but still nothing on the offical site :ictscarf:

Delighted to have Tokely on board.

The official site seems to take forever to update, it's the last place I check for ICT news.

Interesting that he still consults Steve Paterson but probably a sensible thing to do, particularly regarding the pros and cons of playing abroad.

Until I read his book, I hadn't realised what a trans-continental career Pele had had.

I wonder if Beijing Gouan were the team after him. They do have Maurice Ross at the moment. His influence perhaps?

nice to note in the courier today that the option is there for a 2nd year on the contract if he plays enough games....incentive for him to stay fit and play well...all round win win situation in my eyes though it does make me wonder if they maybe sacrificed some cash to offer a pay as you play/appearance fee incintive

Rossco's problem last season was fitness, linked to injury and frustration. Don't agree with the "too old " and slow brigade, when fit he's an example to all and a major asset to ICT.

Bring on the Cellic and looking forward to a contract extension !!

There is a player in the world cup who is 38!

Depends on the individual genes and energy quotient I suppose, but a fit player can keep in shape fairly easily. But to do so he needs regular and disciplined workouts , good food of the right sort and adequate rest. And doesn't like the sauce too much.

In short, he respects his body and his profession and appreciates his club enough to get on with it and make it a priority.