FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

If you could ressurect ANy ex ICT player

SMEE

Goalkeeper: J. Calder (i still go " holy s**t it's jim calder!" if i see him out n' about)

Defense: R. Hastings (Always reliable but can't cross to save his canadian bacon)

Midfield: I. Black (that boy is a SAVAGE, hothead maybe but i prefer passionate about whatever team he plays for)

Attack: I. Stewart (got to see him play in ye olde days at TCS, legend!)

Iain Stewart was indeed the most natural goal scorer i have seen....and i have seen a fair few. Some of his goals were truly magical.....like the outside of the foot/chip/half volley he scored thro in Dungwall many years ago. Made a pure tit of the C*unty keeper :_thumbup: I remember Pele Paterson desribing him as the best penalty box striker in Scotland (at the time). I think he was probably correct!

Boy....we have been spoilt over the years when you think about it.

Edited by SMEE

yea, and yet we dont try our best to keep all these great players!

I dont think its so much a case of not trying to keep the players...more trying to keep to the financial constraints etc which has kept us as one of the best financially run teams in the land.

yea but imagine what kind of team we would have if we kept onto certain players!!

Keepers: Mark Brown, Mike Fraser, Esson

Defence: Dods, Hastings, Golabeck, Tokley, Munro, Proctor, McCann

Midfield: Cowie, Rankin, Duncan, Hayes, Black, Ross, Cox, McBain

Forwards: Dargo, Rooney, Wyness, Foran, Sanchez

if i missed any current/recently left folk sorry but thats all that comes to mind straight off!

but as it stands thats a top 6 team right there!

yea but imagine what kind of team we would have if we kept onto certain players!!

Keepers: Mark Brown, Mike Fraser, Esson

Defence: Dods, Hastings, Golabeck, Tokley, Munro, Proctor, McCann

Midfield: Cowie, Rankin, Duncan, Hayes, Black, Ross, Cox, McBain

Forwards: Dargo, Rooney, Wyness, Foran, Sanchez

Italics = still here

Bold = could have kept if we acted quick enough

Strikethrough = didn't want to stay

Subscript = weren't good enough when they left (even though they may have been earlier in their careers)

So, on that, Black's the only one really missed that we might have kept (I'm talking if we offered a contract well before the Xmas one). Rankin's good but now we have Foran, I think it's 50:50.

Billy Urquhart - playing up front with Adam Rooney :_shocked2:

Never played for ICT though did he?

Played three times for Caledonian Thistle, accoridng to Wiki. Definitely remember him playing in one of the early league games. So technically not ICT but definitely part of the merged club ;)