FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

DUFC game off: CONFIRMED

MabawswaRichie

Soft southern barstewards....was no hint of games being called off last weekend when the ICT fans had a 12 hour round trip to Glasgow in the snow.

Agree, apparenty ALL schools were closed in Glasgow today! :blink:

Soft southern barstewards....was no hint of games being called off last weekend when the ICT fans had a 12 hour round trip to Glasgow in the snow.

This is the street I live in

post-81-0-52856700-1291227253_thumb.jpg

And this my ice cream cone

post-81-0-35248900-1291227351_thumb.jpg

There's 18" of snow on top of that bird bath. Dundee is even worse than Perth and the forecast for Tayside and Lothian is more snow and high winds. Not good travelling weather for teams or fans.

Have you not had a snow plough along your street at all Alex? I have freinds down Edinburgh way saying their roads have been untouched....that pretty bad. Even the wee close i live in has been cleared....ONCE...that i know of.

Was as bad as that for those who travelled down last weekend, and as I said, no hint of any decision to call the game off on the grounds of "fan safety".

As for the forecast....we all know how reliable they can be!!!

SPL will be left with a lot of egg on their face if SFL matches go ahead.

Have you not had a snow plough along your street at all Alex? I have freinds down Edinburgh way saying their roads have been untouched....that pretty bad. Even the wee close i live in has been cleared....ONCE...that i know of.

Only bus routes being cleared but even then its no sooner done than more snow falls. We've had no snow clearing, no scaffy cart, no mail delivery and the local shops are running low cos no deliveries.

Was as bad as that for those who travelled down last weekend, and as I said, no hint of any decision to call the game off on the grounds of "fan safety".

As for the forecast....we all know how reliable they can be!!!

SPL will be left with a lot of egg on their face if SFL matches go ahead.

Think of the Aberdeen fans that had to travel to Kilmarnock .

No point of having under soil heating...can we have our money back please SPL

Yes indeed, you have put your finger on a Catch 22 situation here which began to emerge last winter.

When USH is used to make a pitch playable the game is often postponed anyway under circumstances imposed by forces outwith the club which was obliged to instal it.

There's something of an irony here that clubs have been using the USH which "SPL Rules" insist they have, manage to get their pitches playable... then the SPL imposes a blanket ban on all its games irrespective of local circumstances.

It wll be interesting to see if any SFL games go ahead... possibly in certain areas of Scotland without the assistance of USH?

Just as ICT made history with getting the 10000 seats rule changed, I think ICT should get the USH rule changed.

USH could be optional rather than compulsory. If a club loses a game to the weather, they could accept a fine instead.

USH has ruined our pitch.