FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Season ticket 2011-12

TopSix

Have to say that I think its pretty harsh that over 16s still in school also have to pay a student fee whick is nearly a ?100 mort than a junior. Has this always been the case?

As far back as I can check (6 years) from our own news archives, it always seems to have been that way.

I'm confused. I printed up the details of the prices from ICT website on 8th May and these are a lot different to those now on line and also in price list enclosed with a letter I received from the Club today asking me to renew my season ticket. The differences are in the quoted Early Bird prices. Although it doesn't affect me, I also note that concessions are now for those persons over 65 whereas concessions up to now were for over 60s. Another sneaky price rise ICT? Which prices are correct - those printed from the ICT website on 8th May or the dearer ones.

No idea why their may have been discrepancies between info there on 8th/9th....but I do know that companies sometimes catch themselves out when adding info to a website by forgetting to keep the article unpublished until they've completed it. It could very well be that they were copying over a table from a previous season and in the middle of changing it when you spotted it online. Not saying that's right, and people do need to be careful when doing these things, but it's an easy thing to do.

The Over 60/65 thing I would imagine is the club bringing things in to line with everyone else and existing Seniors U65 who have a Season Ticket already will be allowed to retain it. The only people it will effect is those who turned 60 since last season who might have been expecting a cheaper ticket this season.

It says on the Website that 90% 0f the prices remain unchanged from last yearbut the majority of the 10% that are increased are in the family section North stand. We should be encouraging more of the young ones to come along come along.

From what I can see the only real increase is the Concession/Student price for this area which have been brought into line with the rest of the North Stand and the introduction of the first child (U12) price which I assume is to stop the rampant abuse that was taking place where people were signing up with mystery kids that never seemed to come along to games.

A concession/student is unlikely to have a child U12 so any genuine cases will be in the minority and ?30 for the first U12 is still a steal, as is ?80 for a 12 to 16 year old.

You're not going to please everyone and you will also have minority cases that get caught up because of their unique situations...not realistic for the club to try and cater for these, but I am sure if anyone is in a truly unique situation that is heavily penalising them then if they go speak to the club they will listen.

Although I understand the need for price increases I would appreciate a response from the club as to why senior citizens sitting in main stand are being penalised.

An adult in the main stand will pay ?50 more than an adult in the north stand.

A senior citizen in the main stand will pay ?110 more than asenior citizen in the north stand.

I am well aware of the early bird offer but that applies to everyone.

This is something I feel the club should re-think as the majority of senior citizens in main stand have been loyal supporters for many years. With this decision ICT are limiting the seating choice for their loyal fans.

You're right, the club have clearly made an error with the Senior Concession price with the North Stand and it should be closer to the ?240/?250 price range. I'll bring it to their attention.

:tongueincheek:

Really is that the best you can do .You may well be one of these seniors yourself one day. Oh and by the way I am aware that actually you have as much say in it as I have but perhaps a member of the club will eventually come out and explain their reasoning.

• Agree 1

Really hacked off that I won't be getting a concession next year but have to wait a further 5 years. It smacks of dirty tricks, like the politicians stealth tax. The club have been very crafty knowing fine that many supporters are so called 'baby boomers' and will be reaching 60 now or very shortly. What they forget is these are the same people who have supported ICT, and either Caley or Jags for decades previously. Not amused.

If the way forward is middle of the week 6pm fixtures and a league of just 10 teams a lot of people will pick and choose their games.

Really hacked off that I won't be getting a concession next year but have to wait a further 5 years. It smacks of dirty tricks, like the politicians stealth tax. The club have been very crafty knowing fine that many supporters are so called 'baby boomers' and will be reaching 60 now or very shortly. What they forget is these are the same people who have supported ICT, and either Caley or Jags for decades previously. Not amused.

If the way forward is middle of the week 6pm fixtures and a league of just 10 teams a lot of people will pick and choose their games.

This is the key factor for me personally. ?300 for a season ticket when I can't make every home game makes it unviable ergo I will not be renewing my one.

Although I understand the need for price increases I would appreciate a response from the club as to why senior citizens sitting in main stand are being penalised.

A senior citizen in the main stand will pay ?110 more than asenior citizen in the north stand.

This is something I feel the club should re-think as the majority of senior citizens in main stand have been loyal supporters for many years. With this decision ICT are limiting the seating choice for their loyal fans.

You're right, the club have clearly made an error with the Senior Concession price with the North Stand and it should be closer to the ?240/?250 price range. I'll bring it to their attention.

Really is that the best you can do .You may well be one of these seniors yourself one day. Oh and by the way I am aware that actually you have as much say in it as I have but perhaps a member of the club will eventually come out and explain their reasoning.

My tongue in cheek comment was intended to point out that the situation can be spun in two different directions. Whilst you find it ridiculous that it costs ?110 more to sit in the Main Stand, others will find it pretty good value that they can get a seat in the North Stand for ?110 less.....it's the old cup half full/empty situation. If you can't afford/aren't willing to pay the price for one stand, then you get a ticket for the other.

Just like every other group, you have the choice and some might say that the disproportionately generous rates for the North Stand for Seniors is actually favourable treatment.

ICT have only existed since 1994....so whilst I agree that many of the seniors effected will have been loyal supporters for years, so will just about every other group from the age of about 32 onwards. None of these groups expects/gets such favourable rates for the Main Stand as Seniors have (until now)....so perhaps the club are just redressing an imbalance that has existed for longer than it perhaps should have.

Just out of interest, why do people think Seniors should automatically get a concession at all? Blatant age discrimination which is not justified by any means testing.

When I consider all the people I know, the over 60s/65s are, on the whole, better placed financially than younger adults - mortgage paid off, kids left home etc. Recent changes in legislation also mean that more and more of that age group will continue working past the traditional retirement age.

I know this sort of blanket seniors concession is common across all clubs and in other areas of life, but that doesn't necessarily make it right, and I wonder if it is a well intended gesture that is becoming outdated and unsustainable.

Seriously thinking about not renewing this year. Mainly becuase I cant justify the cost when this season I missed several games mainly due to midweek fixtures and as I dont live in Inverness its not always possible to finish work and get up to Ness.

I will still support the club but choose games more selectivly and just pay at the gate.

Completely disagree with a couple of the comments made about senior fans. Despite CaleyD stating, quite correctly that over 60s don't have a monopoly in supporting years at ICT, they have probably contributed loyally throughout many years to both of the clubs from which ICT was formed. If we hadn't supported our teams, then ICT would not exist. We have earned our spurs and do deserve age reductions.

Thanks too for the ill thought out comment about senior folk getting it all. Apparently all our mortgages are paid off, kids flown the nest and no longer relying on us......dream on...this will all come to you someday soon, and it ain't like that. Of course they deserve discounts, most have worked for over 40 years and contributed huge amounts to the economy. By the way do you want to work until your 75? I doubt it.

When Government recognise that 60 is the time to give free bus passes and other entertainment recognises 60 as concession time then so should ICT.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

My tongue in cheek comment was intended to point out that the situation can be spun in two different directions. Whilst you find it ridiculous that it costs ?110 more to sit in the Main Stand, others will find it pretty good value that they can get a seat in the North Stand for ?110 less.....it's the old cup half full/empty situation. If you can't afford/aren't willing to pay the price for one stand, then you get a ticket for the other.

Just like every other group, you have the choice and some might say that the disproportionately generous rates for the North Stand for Seniors is actually favourable treatment.

ICT have only existed since 1994....so whilst I agree that many of the seniors effected will have been loyal supporters for years, so will just about every other group from the age of about 32 onwards. None of these groups expects/gets such favourable rates for the Main Stand as Seniors have (until now)....so perhaps the club are just redressing an imbalance that has existed for longer than it perhaps should have.

Sorry you were unable to see the point I was trying to make Caley D .I rest my case .

Completely disagree with a couple of the comments made about senior fans. Despite CaleyD stating, quite correctly that over 60s don't have a monopoly in supporting years at ICT, they have probably contributed loyally throughout many years to both of the clubs from which ICT was formed. If we hadn't supported our teams, then ICT would not exist. We have earned our spurs and do deserve age reductions.

Thanks too for the ill thought out comment about senior folk getting it all. Apparently all our mortgages are paid off, kids flown the nest and no longer relying on us......dream on...this will all come to you someday soon, and it ain't like that. Of course they deserve discounts, most have worked for over 40 years and contributed huge amounts to the economy. By the way do you want to work until your 75? I doubt it.

When Government recognise that 60 is the time to give free bus passes and other entertainment recognises 60 as concession time then so should ICT.

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that Seniors should not get a discount, I'm just saying that it needs to be proportionate and within reason....and I think the tickets on offer for next season provide that despite the increase and change in age.

In regards the change in age, those who have loyally supported ICT (and clubs previous) for many years will not be effected as they will already be Senior Season Ticket holders and the club is continuing to honour the Senior Price for them even if they have not yet turned 65.

I don't buy into the theory that all Seniors are loaded either, and the truth is that they probably fall into a category of "earner" that is more polarised than most in terms of disposable income. If they are unfortunate in falling into the lower end of that category then they can get a very good price in the Main Stand....a price that is disproportionately cheaper than the option available to all other groups (with the exception of free U12 tickets in Family Section). It could be argued that the additional gap in the pricing reflects the polarised nature of the earnings group. Whatever the reason, I don't see anyone objecting to it...and nor should they.

On the flip side of that, I know there's a lot of people in the Senior bracket who are still working but happy enough to take the discount without complaint.

Your government analogy doesn't really hold true as they too are in the process of phasing in higher age qualification criteria for Senior services and benefits. In fact, it probably serves to add more weight to the shift in policy by the club than it does to argue against it.

Sorry you were unable to see the point I was trying to make Caley D .I rest my case .

I know exactly the point you were trying to make, but it get's a little tiresome trotting out the "we're not an official communication portal to the club and you should raise your issue with them directly" line all the time.

The club do pick up on things raised here and where it's a situation that effects a large section of the support they will give us a statement to pass on, but it would folly to expect them to do that for every little point and for individual complaints and/or issues.

Well I have renewed mine so hopefully am one of the first to do so. I guess I am currently lucky in being able to afford this but now we are back in the SPL it is a privilege to watch football at this level.

I miss games so I wonder whether there is demand say for a 13 ticket season ticket? I am not advocating that for myself but possibly for those living away or restricted by work. In the main stand it could be priced at say ?240 and could be used as and when required except when the old firm played when pre-booking could be required. This prices games at ?18.46 each which is good value for money. The club clearly needs as many season ticket holders as possible and therefore perhaps 50 of these could be made available in both stands possibly for different groups.

• Agree 1

Well I have renewed mine so hopefully am one of the first to do so. I guess I am currently lucky in being able to afford this but now we are back in the SPL it is a privilege to watch football at this level.

I miss games so I wonder whether there is demand say for a 13 ticket season ticket? I am not advocating that for myself but possibly for those living away or restricted by work. In the main stand it could be priced at say ?240 and could be used as and when required except when the old firm played when pre-booking could be required. This prices games at ?18.46 each which is good value for money. The club clearly needs as many season ticket holders as possible and therefore perhaps 50 of these could be made available in both stands possibly for different groups.

In the current economic climate no business can afford to turn away business (as long as it's economically viable) so I would say that anyone who has a genuine case/reason for needing something like a 10/12/15 game voucher book or whatever would be best to contact the club (possibly best to speak to Laura in the shop) to discuss the situation and see what can be done. I'm sure that so long as fans are not ripping the erse out of it or taking advantage then they'll be only too happy to try and help.

Also, by contacting them they will get a better idea of where the need lies and what exactly people want and won't have to guess at it.

We like to harp on about the need for the club to communicate with us (and things have and continue to improve in that regard), but we also need to communicate with them (properly) so they know/understand where the demand for things such as this lie.

• Agree 1

service persons would be likely to take up that offer too. might have to send the club an email as there is no point in me paying for a full season when i know i wont make most games

Blackburn Rovers Season Ticket 2011/2012 Season in the Premier League @ Ewood Park for just ?225

Adult - 19 games - ?225 - Equivalent to ?11.85 per game

Kids - 19 games - ?85 - Equivalen to ?4.50 per game

There is even a 10% discount on Family Season Tickets!!

Crazy to think that it costs us more to watch SPL!!!

That's economics for you. If we were drawing the crowds they do and getting the income from other sources that they enjoy then we could probably survive by not charging anything for Season Tickets....but we don't and we can't....unfortunately.

Aberdeen do a half season book for offshore workers. It works pretty much on the principal described above. I know of quite a few ICT fans who are offshore and who would entertain similar.

How would you make it work Alex? As you wouldnt want to have a seat reserved for someone who is only there half the time.

Could a seat ticket be issued in exchange for your match day slip from the book and prebook a seat for the OF matches.

What would be a reasonable price ratio.

Main stand ?350 19 games, 10 games pro rata ?184.21 10 games inc 3 x OF pay at gate = ?272 roughly split the difference ?230

North stand ?300 19 games, 10 games pro rata ?157.89 10 games inc 3 x OF pay at gate = ?222 roughly split the difference ?190

Would these be deemed reasonable figures? its cash up front for 10 games and cheaper than pay at the gate for the fans.If you want to see a couple extra its pay at the gate and if you are available to see a few more then get yoursel sorted out and just buy a full season ticket.

As for a season ticket book, you would have to print off a different one as game numbers wouldnt coincide.

How does Aberdeen work and what is their pricing structure.

Aberdeen do a half season book for offshore workers. It works pretty much on the principal described above. I know of quite a few ICT fans who are offshore and who would entertain similar.

How would you make it work Alex? As you wouldnt want to have a seat reserved for someone who is only there half the time.

Could a seat ticket be issued in exchange for your match day slip from the book and prebook a seat for the OF matches.

What would be a reasonable price ratio.

Main stand ?350 19 games, 10 games pro rata ?184.21 10 games inc 3 x OF pay at gate = ?272 roughly split the difference ?230

North stand ?300 19 games, 10 games pro rata ?157.89 10 games inc 3 x OF pay at gate = ?222 roughly split the difference ?190

Would these be deemed reasonable figures? its cash up front for 10 games and cheaper than pay at the gate for the fans.If you want to see a couple extra its pay at the gate and if you are available to see a few more then get yoursel sorted out and just buy a full season ticket.

As for a season ticket book, you would have to print off a different one as game numbers wouldnt coincide.

How does Aberdeen work and what is their pricing structure.

Details Here