FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Celtic in the north stand?

ictbob

Like to see what everybody thinks about this.if we manage to get past the pars and the celtic game is on the tv what would the north stand fans think about been moved to the main stand.with attendances for cup games not as the used to and money very tight at the club coupled with the game maybe on tv is it worth trying to cash in on this tie so Terry may have a bigger budget in the summer.this is not a wind up just want to see what everybody thinks.

Ok I know we are not exactly rolling in money but if and its still if, we play Celtic in the cup then our players deserve as many of their own support there as possible. I don't know the capacity of the main stand would be big enough anyway even if this were considered. So a big No from me.

Edited by old caley girl
  • Agree 1

Like to see what everybody thinks about this.if we manage to get past the pars and the celtic game is on the tv what would the north stand fans think about been moved to the main stand.with attendances for cup games not as the used to and money very tight at the club coupled with the game maybe on tv is it worth trying to cash in on this tie so Terry may have a bigger budget in the summer.this is not a wind up just want to see what everybody thinks.

Absolutely not. There's enough of their fans allowed into the ground as it is!

Absolutely not. There's enough too many of their fans allowed into the ground as it is!

Sorted it for you Ren

• Agree 1

Sorry ictbob, It's a no from me too. I would rather see the ground filled at half price with our fans, roaring ICT on to victory, good results help bring in the crowds and the crowd can help the players drive on. When the right crowd comes, results will come, more tv will come and money will come.

I'm not for it either but was speaking to a st Johnstone fan and while that hate the old firm having two ends and half the main stand he says the club make alot of money out of it.as it may be a one off game and the north stand will probably half empty with a couple of hundred Celtic fans there winding the home fans up thought it might be worth a try.

No from me too, Im not prepared to surrender our vocal support for an extra bit of Celtic cash, with that you may as well let them win, I would rather we had a good home support and gave them a real hard game providing we get past the Pars first.

We don't have much of a vocal support at home games anyway. I understand Bobs question but I think we will have enough for the cup game to just about fill - if not fill the North Stand anyway. However, if the gate shows 2,000 empty seats in the home end, then they probably could be all fitted into the main stand. Would not want to see it myself but it would generate more income. Maybe it would generate more atmosphere in the main stand as well!

With finances fecked at the moment in football and the economy in general, we all have to make sacrifices. If things get worse for the club and other clubs, then there will be no stands to fill at all - there won't even be any Scottish football. Money is now the number 1 priority for Scottish clubs - it really is all about survival. However, as i said there, I think we will have a decent enough crowd that we wouldn't need to do this.... if we get past the Pars.

I'm not for it either but was speaking to a st Johnstone fan and while that hate the old firm having two ends and half the main stand he says the club make alot of money out of it.as it may be a one off game and the north stand will probably half empty with a couple of hundred Celtic fans there winding the home fans up thought it might be worth a try.

St J are a little bit different to us. They never use their end stands at any other time

No way. I'm not moving in with the sweetie rustlers. (tongue firmly in cheek) We would probably be put down the bottom of the main stand and if it was pishing rain we would get soaked. Would rather watch it at home. I have my seat where it is for a reason - cos I love the atmosphere and it is right behind the goal. Also sheltered from weather. Anyway there were quite a few Celtic supporters in North Stand last game.

What a load of nonsense. It's not long ago that a cup tie like this would have too much demand for tickets. Even with reduced crowds these days we would easily have more fans wanting to go to a Scottish cup match v Celtic than the 2,500 or so that the main stand holds.

There was 6,064 at this game in the cup last season, which was a rearranged midweek game. So taking away the away support then there was still far more home fans than the capacity of the main stand. I reckon this game would get about 6,500+

Edited by Joe DiMaggio

No way, doing this would feel dirty, any extra profits would feel like drug money or something! I'm sure there's a fair number there anyway, one (idiot) guy and his poor wee boy were flung out at the last game.

Out of interest guys what are the capacities of each stand? I've always wondered.

• Agree 1

Could just charge £10 max for a ticket and fill the stadium, £15 for dunfirmline with an attendance of 1,601 was woeful. it's on tv so we need to get as many fans thru the gates as possible.

£10 adult

£5 OAP/Under 18

£free 1 x Kid (with an adult ticket)

if we got it on the forums, on the radio, in the paper we'd fill the north stand and the main....even give free tickets to the schools.

butts in seats is what ICT needs.

• Agree 1

The concept appears fundimentally flawed on the basis that we are likley to be able to fill most if not all of the North stand for this game (if we get through of course).

The inability to get decent crowds for cup games is something which has grown over the past few years (including in England where there are very few capacity games in cup matches).

I was not surprised at the low turnout for the Dunfermline game and to be honest I suspect the attendance would not have been much higher even if we only charged a £1 to get in.

I think tree is right. This game may well sell over 6000 but in general interest in cup games has died all over. I just wonder if this is a sign of things to come if improvements are not made to make the matchday experience worthwhile. Many ST holders of many clubs will not shell out extra to go to cup games because they feel they are giving enough within the ST price. The game is pricing itself out of existance and the fans are saying enough is enough. But will the powers that be do anything?

Alex - I thought the price of £15 was pretty reasonable for the cup game. Remember last season for the Elgin game, it was only £10 and Elgin had more fans there than us. I don't know what the reason is for poor cup crowds but the attendance for the Dunfermline game was a disgrace for Inverness as an SPL "city". I am a season ticket holder but have no issue with paying for cup games and if some season ticket holders do, I really fail to see why. While prices for league games needs to be looked at at, some supporters f ICT also need to taake a long hard look at themselves as well when it comes to cup games. Should we end up playing Celtic in the next round, I am sure the "supporters" will as usual be clamouring for their tickets.