FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Togetherness

There can only be one state of mind as you approach any profound test; total concentration, a spirit of togetherness, and strength.

Did anyone else feel the "vibe" yesterday ? The Immortal one could sense the togetherness factor - on the pitch, on the sidelines and in the stands - and that very special connection twixt all three.

And for the first time in a long time I actually TRULY believed that we would hold out and that we were the better team. We may not be the most skilful or the most talnted but we are feckin TOGETHER again.

To Terry and Mo :rasta:

• Agree 3

Well said, Johndo. The away crowd, were singing (not always in unison) but singing nevertheless. The atmosphere at our end was great - maybe it was because we were in the stand behind the goals and not in the "tractor style" seats?!

Onwards and upwards! Here's to all the brave souls who will join me on the trip south on Wednesday to continue the "vibe".

Surely the old "Jebi Dabi" song now fits our own Gregory Tade much better and the chants of Golabart, Golabart, were top class. Many thanks, one and all.

• Agree 1

Well I feel it only fair to say that I said a couple of months ago that I felt we were favourites to go down.

I felt that we were the worst team in the league. We were a shambles defensivly and basically I thought that because of the Grant Munro debacle, Butcher had erred big time.

What a turnaround lately !

Obviously we are not out of trouble yet and I like the vast majority of us, will always think the release of Grant Munro was a big mistake, but things have definately turned.

I couldn't see it happening myself but there is the makings of a right good team here.

Suppose thats why im sitting behind a computer on a fans site, whilst Butcher sits in a dug-out !

I commented via Twitter during the game that the only noise being heard at the game was that of the ICT fans. The only noise coming from the Motherwell fans were the constant calls for a handball every time the ball hit anything other than a foot!!!

Johndo also got a personal mention on Twitter, but that was to do with him having an odd number of eyes or maybe they just took the count while he was showing someone his tattoo!!!

• Agree 1

Steve Williams quotes:

"They all look sharp on the ball and the togetherness in the team is unreal".

"Before they go out they get in a huddle in the changing room and you can really feel a connection in the team".

I wasn't aware that they did that. Is this something they've done for a while or did Captain Hayes introduce it?

• Agree 1

Watching on alba that was a really solid team performance. The biggest thing despite a couple of dodgy moments we have finally pieced together a decent defence after a bewildering season of injuries/changes. Also better passing and less long ball yesterday!

Starting to feel really optimistic for second half now.

Steve Williams quotes:

"Before they go out they get in a huddle in the changing room and you can really feel a connection in the team".

I wasn't aware that they did that. Is this something they've done for a while or did Captain Hayes introduce it?

they done it before the st johnstone game we won 3-0 last season it was on tele so thats how i seen it

Steve Williams quotes:

Aye, I heard they do this every game - Butcher introduced it. He calls it something cheesy like the Circle of trust lol or something along those lines.

We have always been about the collective rather than the individual. There have been 59 SPL monthly awards given out during our time in the SPL. We have won 6 manager of the month (read "team of the month") awards, zero young player of the month awards and one player of the month award. And guess who got that?