FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Give Brew a chance?

Guest Get_off_the_park_Wyness!

Should we give Brew a chance to end our goal drought on a rolling pay as you play basis?  

144 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

Is it not about 14 months since Brew last scored in the SPL?!

Apart from scoring quite a few with us, he laid several on a plate for Dargo.... I badly felt we could have done with having him on the park yesterday. Most of his time at Dundee United he was out with a broken leg.

I dont think brew is the solution to our current goal scoring problems. I think we have forwards in the team who are capable of scoring regularly given enough service. I think the problem lies within the creative aspect of our play, i dont think we are creating enough goal scoring opportunities.

Firstly, Brew? Forget it. Secondly, Libero has backed up my comments on other threads about the need for a provider, a creator of chances for our front guys, the missing link to take the team up the league.

We are not scoring goals and this has to change seriously f***ing quickly! Gubbing the Arabs is now essential!

If Brewster had not been a Manager with us and just a player then yes, I could see it being workable that he return, however given the circumstances I think it would likely be disruptive if he was to sign for us.  I could be wrong and the only people that can really answer the question are CC and the players.

Back to his old job if he wants, but I think CC should be given more time, after all he was manager of the month a couple of months ago.

I liked Brew's training ethos, there were things I didn't like e.g the late substitutions, but I thought he brought a buzz about the place.

What about bringing him in as a player/coach rather then player/manager?  One of the most positive things that Brew brought to us was hit fitness regime.  I could see us needing that again!

Guest Get_off_the_park_Wyness!

First and foremost I'd like to see him ON the park, even if he was coming on for the last 20 minutes or so - it'd be a great spectacle, the crowd would go mental and everyone would get a lift.

But he can also help us off the park, he's supposed to be a top class coach. I remember when he was at Hibs their manager said his youngsters were learning from him every day in training - and look how well most of them have turned out. Even with us he transformed the likes of Dargo and Blackie in a short space of time.

If we can afford to have a 'goalkeeping coach' on our wagebill, surely we can find a spot for one of the best proffesionals in Scottish football. Plus don't forget the guy has his fingers in plenty of pies, he'd also be useful for scouting young talent - an area we've been stagnant in of late.

I wouldn't see his arrival as a challenge to Charlie Christie, it'd be the opposite - it'd reinforce Christies authority having such a useful guy working for him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdZlR1rbT6w

Yeah, I’d like too see him back on the park purely on the basis that he’s a class act and I can't think of anyone else that could do the same job who is available.

I’m not so sure everyone would give him a warm welcome, but it wouldn’t take much from him to get right back in favour.

This season is probably his last chance to play SPL level and if he doesn’t get his boots back on soon he may not have another opportunity.

Unfortunately, there’s probably too many complex ‘issues’ for it to be a go-er, but overall, I’d take him.

Without the stress of the management role he'd surely be a better player, and after trousering a few bob of the grocers dough he could afford to go for a pay-per-play agreement.

I'm not in any way saying he's the only solution to our scoring drought, and I have my own reservations about seeing him back in the stripes, but people are dismissing the suggestion and calling for a new striker without making a single suggestion as to who we should go for.

Anyway, the whole thing is probably a complete non-starter and I'd be surprised if it's been given serious consideration by the powers that be.

But here's a question - would you take him back for next weeks game against the A-rabs ?? - Imagine that !!!! :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: