FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Funniest thing you have heard

Dan Clark

I have two favorite memories on this subject, the one at Tynecastle was, as often is the case, delivered by his own supporter to Donald Ford, Hearts centre forward -

"Ford, you wouldn't make a center for a dough ring!!"

Then at a game in Falkirk when Alex Ferguson was playing centre for Falkirk against Rangers and all afternoon, in his normal way, he was kicking lumps out of the Rangers defenders. One defender had had enough and fouled Ferguson and this foul awarded to him was met by a chorus of "Protect the ball players, Ref!!" This was pre-segregation and the remark was rewarded by  the fans of both sides howling with laughter.

Ferguson had a presence on the park but a ballplayer he was not!

Or the was the guy who booked travel and accommodation in anticipation of the Rangers game on the 27th.......................then realised yesterday that he had forgotten to get tickets!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to"you know who" for sorting me out

Charlie Christie being awarded the SPL Manager of the Month award this season made me chuckle -

really shows how little they know about this club in the Central Belt

At the recent home game v Motherwell: It was a cold driech day and during the 2nd half the team were not playing particularly well. Then several members of the crowd shouted out "Get Hart on" and "Get Zander on" to which a certain person who shall remain nameless but sits behind me shouted out " Get the heating on!". This brought several loud guffaws and was the highlight of another miserable afternoon.  :015: :015: